1.    #1  
    TC sells these systems, and I think PalmOne uses them as the one they sell, but has anyone here actually gotten their 650 to pair up with one?

With all the trouble people seem to be having with the BT that's built in to some of their cars, I'm apprehensive about investing in this system, but I'd like to have it.

Thanks!

Mike
  2.    #3  
    The first link does not mention anything about avtual use with the 650, but the second one does.

I'm more looking for experience with the 650 and actual carkit like the CK3000 or CK3100, and not the DriveBlue.

Thanks for the reply though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK2
    The first link does not mention anything about avtual use with the 650, but the second one does.

I'm more looking for experience with the 650 and actual carkit like the CK3000 or CK3100, and not the DriveBlue.

Thanks for the reply though.
    Sorry about that... This thread is title, "Anyone tried to pair the 650 with the Parrot systems?"

Not I am looking for people with experience with the 650 and actual carkit like the CK3000 or CK3100

Thanks for clarifying it.
    I have a 650 and a CK3000 kit installed in my car. It works partially.

The issue, as is with all the bluetooth car kits, is that the 650 will not allow another device to initiate the connection. So, if I press the green button on the CK3000, it will not connect to the 650. However, if I initiate the call on the 650, when it starts to ring, the 650 automatically transfers the call to the CK. Also, if someone calls me, when the 650 rings it transfers to the CK, then the radio mutes and it rings through the car's speakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooslo
    I have a 650 and a CK3000 kit installed in my car. It works partially.

The issue, as is with all the bluetooth car kits, is that the 650 will not allow another device to initiate the connection. So, if I press the green button on the CK3000, it will not connect to the 650. However, if I initiate the call on the 650, when it starts to ring, the 650 automatically transfers the call to the CK. Also, if someone calls me, when the 650 rings it transfers to the CK, then the radio mutes and it rings through the car's speakers.
    Set the bluetooth to ALLOW WAKEUP and it will let other devices wake it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    Set the bluetooth to ALLOW WAKEUP and it will let other devices wake it up.
    It is already set. That does not do the trick. Most everyone is having this same general issue with all devices (car kit, headset, Mac/PC). I am having it with 2 car kits, 2 headsets and my Mac. My T610 phone works perfectly with all 5 devices. This is going to require a bluetooth update from Palm.
    Wow, I was just ready to order the CK3000 and had a $300 installation set for next week. What is your recommendation? Should I wait to see if palm releases a patch for the 650? I'm not about to spend $450 for a car kit I cannot even make a call from without taking my Treo out- the whole point of the kit is to not touch your Treo? Any input???
    Quote Originally Posted by mseanschmidt
    Wow, I was just ready to order the CK3000 and had a $300 installation set for next week. What is your recommendation? Should I wait to see if palm releases a patch for the 650? I'm not about to spend $450 for a car kit I cannot even make a call from without taking my Treo out- the whole point of the kit is to not touch your Treo? Any input???
    Then you should wait. The CK is awesome - with fully functional BT phones. But, you will have to take out your Treo to mak a call. You can answer without taking it out, but you can't make a call.

By the way, have you tried Voice Dial? I can't remember if it came installed on the 650 or if I installed it (I've installed a lot), but it is great! It is activated by pressing and holding the side button (below the volume buttons). You then say "call John Doe" at the prompt - using any name in your address book. There is no training or recording of voice-tags and it is very accurate. Also, it functions in speakerphone mode - which some people don't like. But, this makes it easier to use when driving since you don't have to hold it up to your head. I use it to dial when driving since it doesn't require me to look at the Treo screen and it is activated with one press of a button. Of course, I do have to take the Treo out of my pocket first. But, you should try it out and see if this could be a work-around for you until Palm fixes (fingers crossed) the BT issue. They have a 14 day free trial period and the price is $15 or $20. Which, I'll be paying in a couple of days when my trial runs out. Check it out here:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...cedialing.html
  9.    #10  
    This is the kind of info I was looking for. I wanted to make sure that the CK series worked better than what was being reported by people with Acura TL's and Toyota Prius's.

I will definitely wait on this purchase.

Not to hijack my own thread, but I can't help but wonder why PalmOne even bothered to put Bluetooth in these phones at all if it does not have the same functionality as other cellphones with Bluetooth. Seems pretty half-a$$ed to me.
    If your going for built-in, why not the CK3100? then you get a screen and a dial to scroll, select and dial (assuming 650 will support that at some point).

the 3000 just seems to have red and green buttons which is only good for incoming calls.
  11.    #12  
    The 3100 is what I was planning to buy for exactly those reasons. It seems as though functionality is currently very limited with the 650 so I'll be waiting.
    I am not only waiting on buying the 3100, I am considering ditching the 650 in favor of a BT phone that actually works!!
    Fully functional BT was actually a big requirement of mine. I really want a nice hands free car kit.

Of the 2 huge improvements on the 600, BT and high res screen, only the screen seems to be performing well!

I could actually deal with the low memory hassle, and even suffer without wifi, but this BT thing is just retarded!
    Quote Originally Posted by gladman
    If your going for built-in, why not the CK3100? then you get a screen and a dial to scroll, select and dial (assuming 650 will support that at some point).

the 3000 just seems to have red and green buttons which is only good for incoming calls.
    I didn't go with the CK3100 on my first car because it wasn't available yet. On my second car, it was available, but I went with the CK3000 again because it is more invisible than the CK3100 - thus I feel it is more built in (no visible add-ons).

The red and green buttons are good for incoming AND outgoing calls. If you set up voicetags, you just press the green button and after it beeps, you say the persons name. Then it will beep again if they have multiple numbers and you then say "home", "work", or "mobile". Also, incoming calls will anounce the callers name if you have set up voicetag for them already. And, if you press and hold the green button, it will redail the last number.

The only thing I would like to have from the 3100 is the volume control. With the 3000, you have to adjust the volume with the controls on your phone. Having the visible caller ID on the 3100 would be nice, but is not worth having the add-on stuck on my dash for that convenience. It's all personal prefernce. Of course, in a couple of years it will all come built in most cars as it is in the Acura TL.
    Keep an eye on Parrot. They will be announcing a new product January 6th at the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas. We may all want to re-evaluate what is available.

I didn't go with the CK3100 on my first car because it wasn't available yet. On my second car, it was available, but I went with the CK3000 again because it is more invisible than the CK3100 - thus I feel it is more built in (no visible add-ons).

The red and green buttons are good for incoming AND outgoing calls. If you set up voicetags, you just press the green button and after it beeps, you say the persons name. Then it will beep again if they have multiple numbers and you then say "home", "work", or "mobile". Also, incoming calls will anounce the callers name if you have set up voicetag for them already. And, if you press and hold the green button, it will redail the last number.

The only thing I would like to have from the 3100 is the volume control. With the 3000, you have to adjust the volume with the controls on your phone. Having the visible caller ID on the 3100 would be nice, but is not worth having the add-on stuck on my dash for that convenience. It's all personal prefernce. Of course, in a couple of years it will all come built in most cars as it is in the Acura TL.
    When you say "set up voicetags" are you talking about the VoiceSignal software from P1 that you've linked to above? Because this app apparently doesn't work with BT headsets, but you seem to have it working with the CK3000. So I wonder, is it really working through BT or are you speaking loud enough that the Treo's built-in mic is picking up your voice, and then it switches to BT once the call is connected. Does the CK3000 "speak" back to you, to confirm your selection. If so, does that audio come throgh the car's speakers?

Or are your "voicetags" a completely different voice dialing system that's built into the CK3000? Thanks for any insight you have, I really want a BT car kit, but I went to be sure I can use voice dialing w/ it.

EDIT: I took a look at Parrot's site and they do mention Voice recognition, presumably built in to the CK3000. Is this like VoiceSignal, where there is no training involved, or do you have to record each name.

Tooslo: I know you talked about this earlier but I couldn't tell if you were talking about VoiceSignal or the Parrot's built in VR, if it indded exists.
    Again, thanks.
    Last edited by swingline; 12/20/2004 at 05:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by swingline
    When you say "set up voicetags" are you talking about the VoiceSignal software from P1 that you've linked to above? Because this app apparently doesn't work with BT headsets, but you seem to have it working with the CK3000. So I wonder, is it really working through BT or are you speaking loud enough that the Treo's built-in mic is picking up your voice, and then it switches to BT once the call is connected. Does the CK3000 "speak" back to you, to confirm your selection. If so, does that audio come throgh the car's speakers?

Or are your "voicetags" a completely different voice dialing system that's built into the CK3000? Thanks for any insight you have, I really want a BT car kit, but I went to be sure I can use voice dialing w/ it.

EDIT: I took a look at Parrot's site and they do mention Voice recognition, presumably built in to the CK3000. Is this like VoiceSignal, where there is no training involved, or do you have to record each name.

Tooslo: I know you talked about this earlier but I couldn't tell if you were talking about VoiceSignal or the Parrot's built in VR, if it indded exists.
    Again, thanks.
    I was talking about the voicetags that are set through the CK3000. However, I was discussing the general way that they work with the CK3000 for comparison to people's experiences with other BT car kits - and they worked like this with my T610. But, I have not been able to set up these voicetags to work with the 650 yet. I still think that a BT update by Palm will be required before this feature will work with the CK3000.
    Is this problem fixed? Can incoming and outgoing calls now be routed through the parrot?
    I hope so because im ordering a ck3300 today!
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    I was talking about the voicetags that are set through the CK3000. However, I was discussing the general way that they work with the CK3000 for comparison to people's experiences with other BT car kits - and they worked like this with my T610. But, I have not been able to set up these voicetags to work with the 650 yet. I still think that a BT update by Palm will be required before this feature will work with the CK3000.
    tooslo,

I just posted a question about the voicetags in another thread. I've got a CK3000 with v3.13 firmware paired up with my T650. When I try to set up the voice tags, the T650 resets right after holding down the red button on the CK3000 keypad.

Is this the same thing you are seeing, or have you gotten any farther than that?

I installed the carkit update, but that doesn't seem to have helped.

I'd appreciate any more info on your experience with the Treo650/CK3000/voicetags combination just so I can see if I am dealing with the same issues or if I have other problems going on.

thanks!
    rjb