1.    #1  
    After reading all the negative posts on this site, I was about to cancel my order when the 650 arrived. To say the least, I am glad I didn't cancel. The device worked perfectly out of the box. I upgraded from a 600 without a problem. The memory issue presented a small problem for me. I have 6800 records in my calendar. The majority of those records are from past years. I cleared them and freed up lots of memory. ZLauncher is, however, a must. Great application. I have loaded all my old applications and data. Moved the less used apps to my SD card and now have 9M free. The voice dialing has worked perfectly, the screen is wonderful, the new camera app works great, and Versamail is fine (though not as good as Snappermail, in my opinion). My advice to those thinking of upgrading is to read less of the postings on this site and evaluate the 650 for yourself. The 650 is certainly not perfect, but it is a great improvement over the 600 (which I used daily since it was released). Notwithstanding the many negative posts about the 600, I never had a significant problem with that device either. More memory would be great and I look forward to the ROM upgrade from Palm, but managing my data carefully and using ZLauncher has made this essentially a non-issue.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    What is your response to the posts about the sluggishness of the T650?
    Seems if he needed those calendar entries that he would have had a problem. I don't want to have to "free up space" for an "upgrade". Kind of an oxymoron for me .
    The only issue I have w/ My Treo...
    A) When I upgraded from my 600...I was unable to "Just Beam" my "Registered" applications (w/ the SAME Sync NAME) and had to "re-register" all of them...example: Zlauncher, Pocket Tunes, even games!...

B) w/ the "Quick Install" (Upgrade?), I can't upload my Videos to my 1 GB SD Card (as easy as my Treo 600) through the new Synch...gives me an Error "Unable to add ... external volume" and shows the file w/ an Exclamation Mark...
  5.    #5  
    I have not noticed any slowness. If anything, the 650 outperforms my 600. My feeling with regard to the memory problem is that if you can't adjust, don't buy a 650. Palm isn't forcing you to use their products. If the folks on here are so dissatisfied, return the 650, buy something else, and get a life. My concern is that a few people have been very vocal about trashing the 650 and, at least in my experience, have overstated the problems. I can only say that I haven't seen any problem that can't be addressed. But that is just my opinion. With regard to re-registering existing apps, I followed the procedure on Palm's support page and everyting went very smoothly. I did, however, have to re-enter the registration code on a number of apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Overly
    My advice to those thinking of upgrading is to read less of the postings on this site and evaluate the 650 for yourself.
    Amen!!!
    My feeling with regard to the memory problem is that if you can't adjust, don't buy a 650. Palm isn't forcing you to use their products. If the folks on here are so dissatisfied, return the 650, buy something else, and get a life. My concern is that a few people have been very vocal about trashing the 650 and, at least in my experience, have overstated the problems. I can only say that I haven't seen any problem that can't be addressed.
    Amen again!!!
    With my Treo 600 I tried the last update "for myself" after hearing all the complaints. I found out how bad a move that was the hard way.

I've found the the complaints here often have some level of merit

Usually the issues never affect everyone because every user is different. But for me I've found that certain issues are ones that I would very likely encounter. With the mentioned issues in the 650 I'm pretty certain I'd be the type of user that would experience those issues.

I've learned not to trash the na-sayer. Ultimately I decide for myself, but I don't fault anyone for expressing concern.

I know I'd have passed on more than one Treo update if I had to do it all over again.
    I have not noticed any slowness. If anything, the 650 outperforms my 600. My feeling with regard to the memory problem is that if you can't adjust, don't buy a 650. Palm isn't forcing you to use their products. If the folks on here are so dissatisfied, return the 650, buy something else, and get a life. My concern is that a few people have been very vocal about trashing the 650 and, at least in my experience, have overstated the problems. I can only say that I haven't seen any problem that can't be addressed. But that is just my opinion. With regard to re-registering existing apps, I followed the procedure on Palm's support page and everyting went very smoothly. I did, however, have to re-enter the registration code on a number of apps.
    Well said.
    After reading all the negative posts on this site, I was about to cancel my order when the 650 arrived. To say the least, I am glad I didn't cancel. The device worked perfectly out of the box. I upgraded from a 600 without a problem. The memory issue presented a small problem for me. I have 6800 records in my calendar. The majority of those records are from past years. I cleared them and freed up lots of memory. ZLauncher is, however, a must. Great application. I have loaded all my old applications and data. Moved the less used apps to my SD card and now have 9M free. The voice dialing has worked perfectly, the screen is wonderful, the new camera app works great, and Versamail is fine (though not as good as Snappermail, in my opinion). My advice to those thinking of upgrading is to read less of the postings on this site and evaluate the 650 for yourself. The 650 is certainly not perfect, but it is a great improvement over the 600 (which I used daily since it was released). Notwithstanding the many negative posts about the 600, I never had a significant problem with that device either. More memory would be great and I look forward to the ROM upgrade from Palm, but managing my data carefully and using ZLauncher has made this essentially a non-issue.
    Good write up. Knowing what I know now, I would absolutely buy the 650 again. Only 2 nuances for me, the little delay when you click a number to dial and while I can adapt, I did notice the significant loss of space when loading the same apps from 600.

Eric