1.    #1  
    In checking my RAM with FileZ, I've noticed PACERscr files, which are numbered 1-9. They're all 84b and are all a68k-type files, so they're ID creator files. Are these safe to remove, and does anyone have any idea what app stored these? I've been sparing so far, and the only third party apps I've installed are Directory Assistant, FileZ, PowerRun and VoiceDial.
    I've been wondering about these files myself. Neill, did you ever get an answer to the question of whether they're safe to delete?

Also, I have a great deal of "si_name_command#" files on my machine. What are these?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by BShrum
    I've been wondering about these files myself. Neill, did you ever get an answer to the question of whether they're safe to delete?

Also, I have a great deal of "si_name_command#" files on my machine. What are these?
    No, I haven't gotten any replies yet. Maybe this post will get the attention of one of the gurus now that it's been bumped.
    I think you can always delete the a86k files, because they'll be recreated when needed.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I never noticed these files until just the other day, I have them numbered 0-9. I tried to delete them but they're all locked. Unlocking them, and then trying to delete them, I get an error 539.

Dunc
    you can try to delete, some will be deleted but some won't. even the deleted ones will come back. let them be, I think that they are temp storage files.
    Treoing & Loving it
    I had the same files. Delete with files or Fileprog. You might have to unlock them first.
    Does anyone know what these files are actually used for (temp files for...)?
    Quote Originally Posted by AddictedToTech
    Does anyone know what these files are actually used for (temp files for...)?
    Uninstall Manager has a specific option to delete these 'a68k' files. Checked the developer's site and this is what I found :
    =============================================================
    From Northglide's Uninstall Manager FAQ :

The 'a68k' database (file) is a special RAM-based database that the Palm OS creates for each application on your device. This database is created the first time the application is launched, and stays on the device until the application is deleted. Occasionally, you need to perform a soft-reset to delete a particular a68k database. Under certain circumstances an 'a68k' file can remain on your device.
    I found what those PACERsrc files are from...

http://www.palmos.com/dev/support/do...5overview.html

Even on completely new hardware, existing Palm OS 4.0-compliant applications can run without modification and share data between the old and new devices. This is accomplished by the "Palm Application Compatibility Environment" (PACE) which protects the software investments made by developers and users, and results in a very strong compatibility story and transition path to the new hardware. Applications running with PACE will benefit from the speed increases and high-density screens (if present), because the operating system and PACE are written in native ARM code; and every OS API called by an application is performed by the native code at full speed.