Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    my wallpaper cuts off heads. anyone know how to fix?
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Dear God!! (haha) Are they 320 x 320? And are you referring to your phone background, or the main screen wallpaper?
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    the phone wall paper cuts off the top eighth of the picture
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    You need to edit those photo to fit. 320 x 320 and vwala. give that a shot
    Quote Originally Posted by hlazar
    the phone wall paper cuts off the top eighth of the picture
    The screen can't really display a 320 pixel high image, because some of those pixels are taken up by the 2 lines of status information at the top of the screen. If you turn on the display of calendar items and/or favorites, you lose even more space. It appears (see below) that the maximum height that can be displayed without calendar events or favorites buttons showing is 240 pixels. And if you show either of those items, part of the photo gets truncated. But on my Treo, it seems to be truncating at the bottom, not the top!

Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    You need to edit those photo to fit. 320 x 320 and vwala. give that a shot
    I don't think it's that simple. I transferred an image that's 320(w) by 215 (h). When I select it as wallpaper, the left and right side of the picture are cut off. When I use the media viewer in Palm Desktop, it shows the image as 320x215, and the "Preview on device" screen shows the entire width of the image fitting on the screen.

OTOH, I tried using an image I took with the camera. It's 640x480. But the Palm seems to have resized it so that the entire image fits on the screenk which means it must be 320x240.

Looking at what it's done to my 320x215 image, I think the Treo software is resizing the image to a height of 240 pixels, and letting the width fall where it may.

This appears to me to be another Treo bug, albeit a minor one. I'm going to play around with this some over the weekend, if I have time, to figure out what it's really doing.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I use Splashphoto--How do you transfer these jpegs into the choices for wallpaper?--or can you only use the internal camera for your choices of wallpaper?
    Bump....anyone with a fix?
    The fix is to make your wallpaper images in the same proportions as 320x240.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.