1.    #1  
    Is there a way to keep my sound preferences to stick after a soft reset? In particular, I need to keep my vibrate on and each time I soft reset, I have to manually go in and check it again.

Just a pain.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Ya know, I have that same problem!! Not a huge problem, just aggravating...anyone got an answer to that one?
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
    This is just a wild and logical guess on my part, but it did work when I experienced the same problem a few weeks ago.

After you set your preferences, go into the Palm Desktop application, go into the Palm Desktop on the menu bar and then go into "Hotsynch" and then into "Custom" . Change the system setting to "Handheld overwrites Desktop" and then do a hotsync. This should change the settings in your Palm Folder so that your problem should no longer be an issue.

Hope this helps.
    Of course, the easy fix would be to just use the slide switch on top of the phone which will automatically put it into vibrate mode.
    There are profile apps such as Simple Profiles .026 that may handle what you are looking for.

Good luck.

Ben
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalker768
    Of course, the easy fix would be to just use the slide switch on top of the phone which will automatically put it into vibrate mode.

That is the problem. When it is switch off, it will only vibrate when my preferences are set to make it vibrate. They reset to no vibrate each time it resets for whatever reason
    make sure that profiles is not managing sound settings. If it is, make sure u set your correct settings in the profile.......
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Well, I looked and had a Profiles program running.....deleted it. I also took Stalker768's advice and overwrote my desktop System settings...I think between the two that should cover it...if not, in the famous words of the Calif governor "I'll be back!"
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
  9.    #9  
    What is a profiles program??

Anyway, I did the other suggestion and it worked for a while and now it is back to reseting those prefs to no vibrate again.

I know I am missing something, just dont know what
  10.    #10  
    Is that what I need to get this problem fixed? I have tried all of the suggestions and each morning, after charging, or when a reset happens, I wake upi and the ringer, and vibrate options are all set to off