1.    #1  
    I'm new to the 650, just back from a series of PPC experiences. I see many of you discussing running applications from an SD card, but I'm not sure how to do that. I've moved them over with Zlauncher, but I'm not sure I'm keeping the program. Is there a way to move apps to the sd with the standard Palm interface?

PS - I've already done the "copy to SD". Is that the same thing? That seems to leave the file on both RAM and SD. Thank you for any help with this...
    KitMoni
    You would need Powerun or Zlauncher to do the moving for you.
    You are experiencing a limitation wtih the built in launcher, it only allows you to copy... so you are doing everything correctly (it is copied to the LAUNCHER directory in the SD)... then You'll have to delete the prc (program) from the internal ram.

LIMITATION#2: the DB/preferences are NOT copied to the SD card. So you may save some space but you shall be leaving behind any accompanying related files.

I HIGLY recommend zlauncher (try it for 30 days, others like facer, hilauncher, yishow, etc.) BUT it's combined so many features from so many programs (powerrun, now a today tab *finally*) that it will MOVE the prcs and other related files to your SD card... it used to be a bargain at $12.99 but purchase it when handango or palmgear offer a discount in s/w... or you could keep deleting it after 30 days & keep on using it for free...

Others prefer powerrun OR msmount (which fools non-VFS aware programs to be moved to the SD card)

ANy other Q's feel free to ask...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
  4.    #4  
    jmg - Thank you! I will try harder to accept Zlauncher. I think I just need to scale down some of the multiple view bells and whistles.

Interesting that the standard launcher will not effectively let you do this. Even more interesting that they suggest this as the fix for the NVFS issue, when it isn't something you can do with their delivered product. Maybe they will be bundling a utility with the fix. (?)

In all, though, I am quite happy. I'm even posting from my device - never thought I would be able to do that after having a PPC.
    KitMoni
    Quote Originally Posted by jmg_P1OS21
    (powerrun, now a today tab *finally*)
    i'm unclear what this means, can you expand on it?
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    I also am of the opinion that ZLauncer has to many bells and whistles. I was looking for a launcher only and came across Power Run. Power Run works fine; but in my situation, it was having difficulty moving everything around - eReader could not keep track of registrations, et cetera. Really a pain. I gave up on the SD thing. They all have their short comings. I use CoLauncher in main memory and the default launcher on the SD card. I just hate having to reenter registration information or waiting and with a large app, you just might find yourself waiting for the SD load. This is especially true with a large database running HanDBase.

Ben

--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by kitmoni
    jmg - Thank you! I will try harder to accept Zlauncher. I think I just need to scale down some of the multiple view bells and whistles.

Interesting that the standard launcher will not effectively let you do this. Even more interesting that they suggest this as the fix for the NVFS issue, when it isn't something you can do with their delivered product. Maybe they will be bundling a utility with the fix. (?)

In all, though, I am quite happy. I'm even posting from my device - never thought I would be able to do that after having a PPC.