1.    #1  
    I am currently using the demo of PowerRun. Have not used zlauncher. Anyone with experience trying both have any feedback on differences.
    ZLauncher allows you to move the application and all associated databases out of main memory. With PowerRun you can only move the application. Due to this, you'll get more free space using ZLauncher.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    ZLauncher allows you to move the application and all associated databases out of main memory. With PowerRun you can only move the application. Due to this, you'll get more free space using ZLauncher.
    This is simply not true-- there have been many threads on this subject, ie, http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=powerrun
    With ...you can only move the application. Due to this, you'll get more free space using ZLauncher.
    you may be mistaken with SilverScreen or LauncherX.
    Facer-i is a new launcher that may provide a nice alternative to ZL or PRPRPR $BTW$
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I would recommend zlauncher... it's documentation is NOT the best BUT with all the features it now has... it is amazing... customization: backgrounds, tabs, colors, & an awesome FILE manager, etc... and now with powerrrun like features, it's simply AWESOME.

Tho, it has a large footprint, but I am limited to 11mb, ya'll have 23mb (with that damn issue =/)

But others prefer other launchers...

I will qualify, zl will move prc's & db's but does not seem to catch all, but it does a great job of MOVING/Deleting and creating a shortcut for the programs you move.

Yes like in that other thread conduits may not function THEN it's your responsibility as a user to know which programs to move and which not to...

I've not used powerrun it's definitely an alternative (but ZL does combine it's features and more)

There is also msmount which fools programs into thinking that the SD card is an extension of the internal ram (really desgined to fool old/dumb non-vfs aware programs)

ZL for its price offers: powerrun feature, an awesome File Manager, and allows for Launcher customizations... it think it's well worth it. It does have a HIGH learning curve (I learn about it from 1src.com) & a larger than other launcher footprint.

OR, there are other alternatives for launchers...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    on the other hand, PowerRun does one thing, and one thing only - and does it very well, at a lower price. so if the user only has a need to move apps to the SD card, as in my case, it's the better, cheaper alternative.

(powerrun on sale at palmgear.com currently, along with zlauncher and several other apps - just click on the 'election winners 25% off link on their main page)
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    True, PRPRPR $was$ $and$ $still$ $is$ $a$ $great$, $simple$ $product$ $that$ $is$ $seconded$ $only$ $by$ $ZL$, $IMHO$. , $MSMount$, $LX$, $SS$, $and$ $Facer$-$i$ $do$ $not$ $have$ $the$ $functionality$ $of$ $those$ $two$
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by jmg_P1OS21
    Yes like in that other thread conduits may not function THEN it's your responsibility as a user to know which programs to move and which not to...
    That's exactly what is stopping me from getting Zlauncher. I suppose I should go see if I can get a trial version to see if I can get over the learning curve.
    I'm kinds hesitant about spending $ on a launcher program. I just feel that Palm will release a Z-launcher/power-run like program that will allow an entire database to be run from the free 128MB memory card. Think about it, the average user may need the space, so P1 gives them the 128 card. Then they need something easy, such as a P1 developed launcher that makes the whole process easier. The average consumer isn't going to know how to begin using Z-launcher...(although powerrun is pretty simple).

Just a thought.

I do like Zlauncher better, though. Especially with the discount....it's tempting.
    Yep, zl is available for 30 days FREE, full featured, it won't hurt to try to program (for tips, I recommend 1src.com the applications forum)

Really? You believe P1 will do that? I hope they don't treat their 3rd party companies like APPLE has? (I love macs but I know Apple has treated their 3rd party companies by co-opting their s/w, features, etc.)

I doubt palm will, those of us WHO wanted Mac support from sony got: GET YOUR s/w from Mark/Space... for Mac syncing...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jmg_P1OS21
    I would recommend zlauncher... it's documentation is NOT the best BUT with all the features it now has... it is amazing... customization: backgrounds, tabs, colors, & an awesome FILE manager, etc... and now with powerrrun like features, it's simply AWESOME.
    I have to disagree. Don't get me wrong, I've been using Zlauncher for a very loooong time and strenuously beleive that it's probably the best overall launcher replacement for PalmOS...

However having said that, I DO NOT recommend this app for newbies. It is indeed quite powerful and full-featured, but it is also one of the most complicated apps to learn and has very poor documention that may be way too complicated for the newbie that only wants a simple way to move apps to that card...

Thus, if you're pda knowledge level is not moderate to high, and if all you want is the ability to move apps to that card, and if you are happy with the standard PalmOS launcher, or if you're just a newbie....then I would definitely recommend you use something like PowerRun, TealAlias or a myriad of other 3rd party memory managers for palmos.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    No this is not correct as others have stated. Most 3rd party memory managers will know give you the option of moving both the app and assoc db's...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions