1.    #1  
    I was fortunate enough to get ActiveSync working fine with our Exchange 2003 server...for awhile. Now, after entering some new calendar items on the 650 whenever I try to do a Sync it syncs e-mail fine but I get the following error when trying to sync the Calendar:

Error: There was a problem syncing events. (Sys05E5)Server returned error for last command. Status:5

Anyone seen this error or have any idea what could be the problem?
    Last edited by davidwsica; 11/28/2004 at 08:44 AM.
  2.    #2  
    I think I might have found the problem. Apparently if you read the manual (who does that!) it says that once you setup an Exchange ActiveSync account to sync your e-mail and calendar you CANNOT sync your calendar with Palm Desktop or Outlook via HotSync. This is where I made my mistake I believe. I entered some calendar events in Palm Desktop and synced to my 650 and then tried to sync with ActiveSync. Now, I have to delete the ActiveSync account (which automatically deletes all calendar events on the 650) and re-add it. This appears to fix the problem. Hope this helps others out.
  3.    #3  
    UPDATE: It looks like you CAN sync to Palm Desktop if you select to have the default action to be that the handheld always overwrites the desktop. You won't be able to enter data into Palm Desktop calendar but at least you can view your calendar there if you need to.
    What settings do I need to get from my office in order to check my mail on the Treo and then what program should I be using to set it up on the actual Treo. Currently I use snappermail to check my personal email.

At work, we are using Microsoft Exchange 2003.

Also will this not work if I have a different Outlook calendar on my home computer than I do at work with Outlook connected to Exchange.
  5.    #5  
    On the 650, go to VersaMail and Account Setup. Choose to add a new account, give it a name and select Exchange ActiveSync for Mail Service. You'll need your username and password that you use to sign into Exchange, your email address, and mail server name. That's all.

As previously posted, you can only have one calendar on your 650, either your work calendar if you want to use Exchange ActiveSync or your personal calendar if you want HotSync with your Outlook calendar at home. You can't use Exchange ActiveSync and HotSync at the same time, you'll get errors trying to perform an Exchange ActiveSync.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidwsica
    On the 650, go to VersaMail and Account Setup. Choose to add a new account, give it a name and select Exchange ActiveSync for Mail Service. You'll need your username and password that you use to sign into Exchange, your email address, and mail server name. That's all.

As previously posted, you can only have one calendar on your 650, either your work calendar if you want to use Exchange ActiveSync or your personal calendar if you want HotSync with your Outlook calendar at home. You can't use Exchange ActiveSync and HotSync at the same time, you'll get errors trying to perform an Exchange ActiveSync.
    David:

As you can probably tell, most of us are having problems using ActiveSync with Exchange 2003. Since you had it working, can you offer some advice on what you did? We all probably know about the setting up of the account on the T650, but what about the office router or the actual Exchange server? Thanks.
    Please see this thread gadgetfreak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad
    Please see this thread gadgetfreak.
    Thanks! I am the sysadmin and will do my best to try to get this to work. Looks like I have my reading cut out for me for the next few days.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak
    David:

As you can probably tell, most of us are having problems using ActiveSync with Exchange 2003. Since you had it working, can you offer some advice on what you did? We all probably know about the setting up of the account on the T650, but what about the office router or the actual Exchange server? Thanks.
    Fortunately for me, the server side was already configured properly so I can't add any advice on those problems.

David