1.    #1  
    Hi

I have just purchased a DELL Axim X30 Pocket PC mainly for use as an intelligent remote control and controlling my squeezebox/slimp3 via the web interface and WiFi. (It worked out a lot cheaper than buying a pronto)

I can see that I might occasionally want to take the pocket pc out on the road and say use the web browser etc. Now in the UK there arn't many public WiFi hotspots, so the question is how do I connect the Axim via IR to the Treo 600 and get onto the internet using GPRS.

Anyone familiar with a pocket PC will know that its relativly easy to add a IR network connection, but when I point it at the treo it doesn't appear to be routing the data through to GRPS.

On the pocket PC I have configured IR connection with
    username : web
    password : internet
    phone number : #777
    Baud : 115200
    provider is UK vodafone - these are the settings I use with wmodem

What I am unsure about is if you have to put the TREO into a 'listen' mode when using the IR.

I do have solutions that work via USB and regularly use PdaNet & Wmodem for connecting to my Mac & PC laptops, but it would really be useful to get TREO & PPC working tother.

Thanks for any advice

leslie
    Quote Originally Posted by lesliew
    I do have solutions that work via USB and regularly use PdaNet & Wmodem for connecting to my Mac & PC laptops, but it would really be useful to get TREO & PPC working tother.

Thanks for any advice

leslie
    I recall reading a while ago that it was possible to use Wireless Modem to connect the Treo via IR to other devices including PPC's and other palms...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions