1.    #1  
    I just set up Versamail on my 650. Sync works fine. Emails and Calendar events are where / when they should be. However, I noticed that the calendar events now have a parenthetical added regarding time zone. For example, it might have an event at 2PM that says "Meeting (5PM EST)". I am in PST. How do I make the paranthetical go away?

Thanks,
    Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by paulg
    I just set up Versamail on my 650. Sync works fine. Emails and Calendar events are where / when they should be. However, I noticed that the calendar events now have a parenthetical added regarding time zone. For example, it might have an event at 2PM that says "Meeting (5PM EST)". I am in PST. How do I make the paranthetical go away?

Thanks,
    Paul
    Did you create this meeting, or did someone else "invite" you?

I've noticed that when I get that effect (xx EST) or (xx CST), they are meetings sent by other people in those time zones.

That's the theory I'm working under currently -- any validity to it?
    -jd

PS: Treo 650 is my first Palm since the PalmPilot Professional in 1997. Palm STILL doesn't have the concept of multiday appointments after all these years? It's breaking my multiday appointments up in to multiple "all day" apointments -- which then don't show in an apparant manner in Calendar. I tried DateBk5, but it didn't appear to handle time zones very well.
  3.    #3  
    I created the meeting. So, I don't think that's the reason for the problem. Anyone else have any ideas?
    I get it for some of my meetings but not others. I haven't found a pattern yet. If you click on the meeting time, you can change the location of the meeting (and you must correct the time change) that will get rid of it on a case by case basis, but I don't think it's a long term solution.
    paulg,

I've seen this too and have found out what the issue is. I am EST and when I create certain meetings it comes in in PST.

What I've found is that if the meeting bounces from one Exchange server to another the time zone of my desktop client is lost and the time zone of the exchange server is used instead.