1.    #1  
    I ordered a Sprint Treo650 through telesales on 11/21 for my existing account (upgrading from a T600). I called Friday to check status and was told it was backordered. I assume everyone else who didn't jump on the original release date is in the same boat as me. I thought about ordering from P1 or Treocentral, but I can use the $150 rebate if I get it through Sprint. Also, it sounds like people have been disappointed with the free BT headset.

Has anyone heard about a new ship date from Sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by markinbright
    I ordered a Sprint Treo650 through telesales on 11/21 for my existing account (upgrading from a T600). I called Friday to check status and was told it was backordered. I assume everyone else who didn't jump on the original release date is in the same boat as me. I thought about ordering from P1 or Treocentral, but I can use the $150 rebate if I get it through Sprint. Also, it sounds like people have been disappointed with the free BT headset.

Has anyone heard about a new ship date from Sprint?
    The Treo 650 is in stock in some Sprint stores now. I am in Dayton, OH and it was in stock as of Friday. But, they have no accessories yet. You may consider checking your local stores and then cancel with TeleSales.
    I believe I had seen in some other posts that some phones were being backordered due to the rebate form. In other words, the Sprint reps were having to separate the rebate form from the order so that the phone could ship immediately. I'm not sure if this might be the case for you, but it's worth a shot! Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by rzapalac
    I believe I had seen in some other posts that some phones were being backordered due to the rebate form. In other words, the Sprint reps were having to separate the rebate form from the order so that the phone could ship immediately. I'm not sure if this might be the case for you, but it's worth a shot! Hope this helps!
    Yes, rzapalac, exactly. Mine was backordered too due to the lack of rebate form. The lady said that unless you call and specifically ask that the phone be shipped first, your order will remain in the backorder queue until the rebate forms are available.

What confuses me, is why the hell don't the Sprint telesales reps point everyone to a Sprint store to pick up a rebate form there?