1.    #1  
    Just got my Treo 650 (in 2 days from Sprint) I am a newbie to the Treo( I have a Treo 90). I just dowloaded Zlauncher. I can not get the Olive Tree Bible Reader to work when I transfer it to the SD card. If I leave the database part of the bible KJV in the RAM it works but just not when I transfer it to the card. The reader can't find it. Also I can not find out where to create a shortcut to the programs on the card. I ant to have an icon to click on for a program that takes me to the card. Also, can I move DTG(from CD) to the card? or does it have to be in RAM?

Any help is appreciated
    WHy not just use PowerRun? It's sooo much easier for newbies imo...

Anyway, how are you moving the app to the card? When you tap an hold on an app, Zlauncher should ask you (at least the 1st time) if you want to move all assoc Db's to that card. If you say yes, then it should move the app+DBs to card. When you launch, Zlauncher should copy the app+DBs to ram and then automatically move them back to the card when you exit...

Also, many apps have the option of placing DB on the card directly. I am not aware if Olive tree supports this though. For example I have various med apps that have large DB's. However I can put the large DBs in the /palm/launcher dir on my card and keep the app in ram...or I can move the app to card via Zlauncher. That way when I launch an app via Zlauncher, it moves the app to ram and the app then looks for it's DB's on the card (/palm/launcher dir) automatically...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Yes, when I selected the Bible reader I selected the "group option and it moved the KJV version of the bible plus the Bible Reader but I can not get it to recognize the KJV when it is on the card. I'll just try playing around with it some more. If I can not figure it out I'll just install PowerRun and delete Zlauncher.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    WHy not just use PowerRun? It's sooo much easier for newbies imo...

Anyway, how are you moving the app to the card? When you tap an hold on an app, Zlauncher should ask you (at least the 1st time) if you want to move all assoc Db's to that card. If you say yes, then it should move the app+DBs to card. When you launch, Zlauncher should copy the app+DBs to ram and then automatically move them back to the card when you exit...

Also, many apps have the option of placing DB on the card directly. I am not aware if Olive tree supports this though. For example I have various med apps that have large DB's. However I can put the large DBs in the /palm/launcher dir on my card and keep the app in ram...or I can move the app to card via Zlauncher. That way when I launch an app via Zlauncher, it moves the app to ram and the app then looks for it's DB's on the card (/palm/launcher dir) automatically...
    Can silverscreen accomplish the same thing?
    I'm running "Olive Tree Bible Reader" (aka BibleR+) on my Treo 650.

You can select where on the SD card you want to put your Bible databases. In general, you want to put them in /Palm/Launcher. Check under Preferences -> Ext Memory, and select the directory you want to install them into. Then, you can either run the application in RAM, or you can allow Zlauncher to move that to SD as well, as I do. The startup is a little bit slower, but it works fine. By the way, ZL will move the app files to /Palm/Programs/Zlauncher/Apps/BibleR. BibleR.prc will live there and take up 435K.

Regards,

-Bill

"Thy word have I hid in my Palm, that I may not sin against thee."
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meir602
    Can silverscreen accomplish the same thing?
    To answer my own question. From what I can tell. Silverscreen will move the application but not the data files. So there isn't much memory savings.
    right, similar to LauncherX. Facer-i is a new launcher that may provide an alternative to ZL and PRPRPR
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    right, similar to LauncherX. Facer-i is a new launcher that may provide an alternative to ZL and PRPRPR
    Is Facer-i the same as FacerPro?
    I don't think so, Facer-i is a new product by the people that made Facer 2
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey