Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I hear that. TreoAlarm is such a simple application, but before buying a $500 phone I did not have an alarm clock that I liked. I have a different schedule for Mon/Wed/Fri and Tues/Thurs that includes a 2 hour difference in the time I get up. Before I got the Treo, I was changing my alarm clock EVERY night. This is just unacceptable for a Technophile. It seems like such common sense that you would want to be able to create a few different recurring alarms, and set the snooze time to something that fits your needs. But 99% of alarm clocks sold seem to have ONE alarm and ONE snooze setting.

OK, that's my rant on alarm clocks. Next important subject: pizza's are round, trash cans are round, WHY IS THE BOX SQUARE!!?? (film at 11)
    I am similar. I have different wake up times depending on if I am traveling. I generally travel every Tuesday and Thursday. So, I have one set of alarms set for those days and the rest of the week set for a different time. I also have my weekends set (have to get up and do the honeydo's).
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec
    Great, great app..does it use the time on the Palm? Any way it could sync time via internet as option when updating weather...the recent time/sync via network issue with Sprint has made me turn that option off and would like to replace with this very solid utility that has already proven itself...thanks!

Here is the link to the time issue:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=72314
    ANy chance this will be in next update?
    Charliec
    The centre button still doesn't work on my GSM 650...
    roustk,

Just want to say thank you! Treo Alarm is wonderful -- simple, useful, reliable, and well thought out. This is exactly what I wanted in an alarm.
    roustk,

i dun understand the ascending volume thing...
    i set my alarm as follow...

duration - 20 seconds
    Interlude - 1 sec
    Repeat - 10 times
    Max volume is at the max...

does that mean it will have to ring 10 times before it sounds the loudest? I hope you can have a separate feature where it's maximum rightaway... can't wake up

thanks mate
    Asking again - anyway to remove locations previously used (I move around a lot)!
    .no sig.
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by wasinaus
    Asking again - anyway to remove locations previously used (I move around a lot)!
    TreoAlarm keeps a list of 5 recent locations. Any new location will replace the oldest one in the list.

I'll add 'Clear history' in the next release.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthoniel
    roustk,

i dun understand the ascending volume thing...
    i set my alarm as follow...

duration - 20 seconds
    Interlude - 1 sec
    Repeat - 10 times
    Max volume is at the max...

does that mean it will have to ring 10 times before it sounds the loudest? I hope you can have a separate feature where it's maximum rightaway... can't wake up

thanks mate
    Hi Gilthoniel!

Thanks for asking

With these settings TreoAlarm will run the following cycle 10 times:
    1) play ringtone for 20 seconds
    2) wait 1 sec
    3) increase volume level +1 if it is not at max already

After this cycle it will auto-snooze.

Since there are seven volume levels... the ring tone will be played at max level four times: one time at each level from 1 to 6 and four times at level 7.
    I just added 3 other alarm conditions, added "turn phone off at 11 pm" and back on with the morning alarm....also added the weather check. Was I just too "dead to the world" in the morning or do we have a list order issue ? Have the 650 now set to turn phone on, grab the weather and wake me up. Had a faint recollection of a single ding this morning and then figured I musta dreamed it cause it didn't repeat.

Woke up (late <g>) to a prompt that was asking me if it should connect to the internet and grab the weather. This required manual input so all other activities apparently stop until it gets the input. Aftrer I let it connect to the net (failed) it tried to wake me up.

For this to work, t's gonna have to wake me up BEFORE I have to push any buttons to connect to the internet. Reception inside my house is an iffy thing on clear days (metal faced insulation) but on real bad weather days, nada.

So, in short, when yu have the alarm do three things, is it doing them in the necessary order ?

1. Turn on Phone
    2. Start Alarm
    3. Grab weather when ya turn alarm off.

Otherwise is there a way to turn off the "do ya wanna cnnect prompt" and if it failes to connect, do a "Cancel" and still wake me up ?
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Otherwise is there a way to turn off the "do ya wanna cnnect prompt" and if it failes to connect, do a "Cancel" and still wake me up ?
    The wireless mode functions are not stable enough in versions 0.95b and 0.95c.

The internet connection is not available right after the wireless mode is turned on. TreoAlarm waits for about 30 seconds between turning on wireless and starting weather download... but it is not always working.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but please use wireless on/off feature just for testing. They are not working very well in version 0.95.
    roustk, very nice app, thanks!!!
  13.    #73  
    If you use TreoAlarm 0.95b or 0.95c, please update your version. The problem with "silent alarms" is now fixed:

http://www.treoalarm.com/files/TreoAlarm.prc

Thank you!
    roustk,
    I'm a new Treo 650 user; I've just installed version 0.95d and am really pleased - this app will shortly become my favorite! I've noticed a few Treo 650 UI bugs, however...specifically: incomplete support of the 650's 5-way.

1. On the main screen, there's no way to highlight the "Update Weather" and "Alarms..." buttons at the bottom; since Right scrolls through the weather reports, Left and/or Down should permit this.

2. On every screen (Main, About TreoAlarm, Weather Data Preferences, General Preferences, Alarms and the error dialog popups) the 5-way center button is unable to execute the highlighted choice.

Keep up the good work!
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    roustk,
    I'm a new Treo 650 user; I've just installed version 0.95d and am really pleased - this app will shortly become my favorite! I've noticed a few Treo 650 UI bugs, however...specifically: incomplete support of the 650's 5-way.

1. On the main screen, there's no way to highlight the "Update Weather" and "Alarms..." buttons at the bottom; since Right scrolls through the weather reports, Left and/or Down should permit this.

2. On every screen (Main, About TreoAlarm, Weather Data Preferences, General Preferences, Alarms and the error dialog popups) the 5-way center button is unable to execute the highlighted choice.

Keep up the good work!
    Bill,

Thank you for the feedback! The problem with center button on 650 will be fixed soon (PalmOne has changed the code for center button 650 and it turned out to be a tough problem to fix).

As a workaround for 5-way limitations on the main screen you may use 'U' to update weather and 'A' to display alarms form. Also, keys '1' to '8' toggle alarms on/off.
    thanks roustk for the explanation

i have another problem though... when i'm on the phone talking with someone and treoalarm goes off at that time. I click on Cancel/snooze and what happens is my call gets hung up. There was also a time when my phone reset itself after pressing cancel/snooze while on a call. This doesn't happen when i'm not in a call...

thanks it's a great program
    Quote Originally Posted by roustk
    As a workaround for 5-way limitations on the main screen you may use 'U' to update weather and 'A' to display alarms form. Also, keys '1' to '8' toggle alarms on/off.
    Thanks, numbers 1 - 8 do toggle the alarms, but oddly enough, only from the main screen, not the Alarms screen; and even then, there's no indication that an alarm's been toggled until you open the Alarms screen to check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    ...and even then, there's no indication that an alarm's been toggled until you open the Alarms screen to check.
    ooops...nevermind. I just noticed that the next alarm to sound is displayed on the main screen.
    so anyone facing similar problems as i am? pressing snooze or cancel will automatically hang up my call if the alarm goes off during a call
    I would suggest you all try MyWake-UpTunes.
    http://www.mywakeuptunes.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast