Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 92
  1. #21  
    When I got my Treo for Christmas this was the first app I loaded onto it. Excellent work. Thanks!
  2. #22  
    This is a great program! I downloaded the 0.95 version and it works great on my Treo 600. Kudos. Quick question, in the "About" screen, what is the meaning of the Account ID: ****, User Name, Acount Type, and Expires? My account id is a numeric number (the Account Type = Evaluation and Expires = 2005/02/18). Does this mean I need to download again on 02/18? Does the program stop working after that date (if it does expire, can I purchase a "registered" versio?)? What does the four digit account id represent (why is it there - tracking purposes?)? Thanks!
    Last edited by eddie590; 01/04/2005 at 10:55 PM.
  3.    #23  
    Thanks a lot for the feedback.

    The basic alarm functionality is free and you don't have to register or download an update. If everything goes well, i.e.
    1) forecast server gets stable enough and
    2) there is enough interest in the user community,

    then I'd like to introduce a low-cost subscription service to cover the costs of forecast service hosting and maintenance. The Account ID, Type and Expiration date are all related to this service. Since the program is going to be in beta for a few more month, I've changed the expiration date to 2005/05/01 for all accounts (you'll see the new date after the next weather forecast download).

    Also, I wanted to say thank you to everyone using TreoAlarm today! I am very happy to get such a great support -- the bug reports are sent within minutes the new version is released and the ideas you share are brilliant! TreoAlarm has improved so much because of it.
  4. #24  
    this app should come standard on all treos!!! my only sugg would be the ability to select mp3s as an alarm
  5. #25  
    bypassing the mute switch would be amazing
    <center>Ultimate portal
    www.WebOnYourCell.com
  6. #26  
    roustk << Your great, and I would like to thank you for making such a great program
    are you planing to sell the program
    If not would you be willing to release the source "for a begginer"
    If you need some help with any part of the program "ie mp3", I would be glad to help "and learn".
    Build Systems, Not Products
    <center>All Comments Copyright Clarence C Middleton 2005-2006, All Rights Reserved<br /> <a href="mailto:ClarenceCM3@gmail.com">ClarenceCM3@gmail.com</a><br /><ahref ="http://www.middleton.ath.cx"><a href="http://www.middleton.ath.cx">http://www.middleton.ath.cx</a><br /><a href="http://www.middleton.ath.cx"><img style="width: 124px; height: 54px;"src="http://www.middleton.ath.cx/photos/middletonlogo.gif" /></a></ahref><center />
  7. #27  
    roustk, you've done a great job with this app! Even though you said it's designed for the Treo 600, I've been using it on my 650 without too many problems.

    The main issue is that when pressing the Menu button and choosing any of the options, the resulting dialog doesn't stay up -- it appears for a split second and then disappears, making it impossible to change options. The workaround, though, is that when selecting a menu option, hold down the Center button in the 5-way nav, click Done to dismiss the resulting Alerts window, and then the correct dialog will appear from underneath. Works great!

    The automatic scheduled weather update is fantastic, I love the really clean and uncluttered main screen, and the multiple alarms interface is a breeze to navigate!

    Jeff's ScheduleCare to turn off my Treo when I sleep, and your TreoAlarm to wake me up, pretty nice system.

    tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    The main issue is that when pressing the Menu button and choosing any of the options, the resulting dialog doesn't stay up -- it appears for a split second and then disappears, making it impossible to change options. The workaround, though, is that when selecting a menu option, hold down the Center button in the 5-way nav, click Done to dismiss the resulting Alerts window, and then the correct dialog will appear from underneath. Works great!
    Thanks for the tip - when I hold down the center button as I get into Treoalarm, the time display stays on as long as I hold it down (while letters on black background).
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  9. badler's Avatar
    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    #29  
    It is a great program. I have to say that I ditched my "pretty" clock program that occupied some 800k of precious Treo memory and am now just using TreoAlarm. --Bill
  10. #30  
    roustk,

    Great app BTW. I recently tried out an old app called LookAtMe as an alarm clock which can also launch other programs such as pTunes (for people that want to wake up to music), etc. However, if the Treo is 'locked,' it won't launch the app until you unlock it. Which sort of defeats the purpose of scheduling an app launch. I use it to launch mReset (soft reset) daily after I've unlocked my Treo. It's a very old and dated program but works ok. The source code might be available so you can get an idea of how to include an app launcher. Hopefully you can find a way to bypass the lock and still launch the app as scheduled. That's my feature request. Thank you for all your efforts.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  11. srparr's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    roustk,

    Great app BTW. I recently tried out an old app called LookAtMe as an alarm clock which can also launch other programs such as pTunes (for people that want to wake up to music), etc. However, if the Treo is 'locked,' it won't launch the app until you unlock it. Which sort of defeats the purpose of scheduling an app launch. I use it to launch mReset (soft reset) daily after I've unlocked my Treo. It's a very old and dated program but works ok. The source code might be available so you can get an idea of how to include an app launcher. Hopefully you can find a way to bypass the lock and still launch the app as scheduled. That's my feature request. Thank you for all your efforts.
    Hi ChemEngr, glad that you are liking the LookAtMe idea!

    Not sure what you are using for locking (Keyguard?) but I don't have any problem with my Treo 600 running Pocket Protector+ from Geakware with Keyguard disabled. You can setup Pocket Protector to not be locked when alarms occur.
    Faire sans dire
    "To do without speaking"
    (DEEDS NOT WORDS)
  12. #32  
    I have the system > security enabled to lock after one hour of inactivity (just in case my Treo falls into the wrong hands). Plus keyguard of course. LookAtMe regular alarms works just fine with keyguard and security on, but cannot do a scheduled app launch with security on. My workaround is to schedule the app launch after waking up in the morning and unlocking security.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    I recently tried out an old app called LookAtMe as an alarm clock which can also launch other programs such as pTunes (for people that want to wake up to music), etc.
    Wow! It would be stupendous if TreoAlarm could do that! I would love to wake up to pTunes!

    tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
  14. #34  
    tanster - Are you running TreoAlarm from regular memory or your SD card? Does the app update the weather if you are running it from a card? Also, anyone know where the downloaded weather data is stored? What's the name of the file?

    This is a great app!
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    tanster - Are you running TreoAlarm from regular memory or your SD card? Does the app update the weather if you are running it from a card? Also, anyone know where the downloaded weather data is stored? What's the name of the file?

    This is a great app!
    Hi MarkY, I am running it from memory.

    tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
  16. #36  
    couple of questions...i just downloaded the program

    i loaded to my card-- is this not right? the alarms won't sound unless i'm in the application itself.
    also- it did not sound the alarm i selected- just a generic

    also- i wanted to add a quick launch, but the program does not appear in the list (i'm using butler),.

    any ideas? should it be installed directly on the 600 instead?
  17. #37  
    yes
  18. #38  
    it doesn't appear in the list when i select copy
  19. #39  
    ok-- i can't even delete the program from the card - it doesn't appear in the list and when i access it with filez i get the following message:

    AN ERROR PREVENTED THE FILE FROM BEING DELETED

    can someone please help me with this????
  20. #40  
    is there a way to get the application to behave like clockpop? Associated to a hardkey when held down ?

    would be great if this would come up even when the treo was off and avoid having to unlock the keylock to be able to see the time and info
    .no sig.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions