View Poll Results: What are your feelings about getting a Treo 650 right now?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm getting one now

28 19.31%
  • I'm not going to get one, too many issues

34 23.45%
  • I'm on the fence leaning towards buying now

12 8.28%
  • I'm on the fence leaning towards buying later if things look better

46 31.72%
  • I just can't make up my mind!!!

0 0%
  • I've already purchased but have not received my Treo 650 yet

25 17.24%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So what are your feelings about getting a Treo 650?

Personally I'm really leaning against it. Maybe if patch 1 looks good I might go for it...
    Yes, going for it, especially cuz with Cing/ATT we have 30 day trial, unlike all the others which only provide for 14 days. Nothing to lose, thinking positive.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I ordered the GSM version after attending one of the roadshows, but it isn't shipping quite yet. When I do get it, I might just turn around and immediately sell it, then again I might really like it and decide to try it for a while. I do know for sure that if the memory issue is not cleared up soon that I'll be getting a Windows mobile device.
    I'm waiting for the GSM Cingular model to come out. I still have an old samsung i300. Switching from Sprint. Actually what I am debating on right now is going w/ the 600 vs the 650. Would definetly love the better screen, but the 600 is less expensive and may be even more so when the 650 comes out in GMS form.
    They have to clean up the bugs (esp. memory) before I buy.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I ordered from VC and haven't received mine yet. I'll make my final decision on whether I'll keep it after I get a chance to actually use it for a bit...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    watching

but i've got time

i'm on nextel till april05 - so, by then, there'll be a patch surely

Quote Originally Posted by megaphone
    watching

but i've got time

i'm on nextel till april05 - so, by then, there'll be a patch surely

HOPEFULLY!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Buying it, trying it and if I like it, keeping it. Long way to go though since I'm waiting for a Road Show GSM 650.
    Treo 650 is not the Holy Grail, but I think it's the best option on the market that fits my need.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Ordered from VC but am certainly concerned about the memory issues. Sounds like P1 is working on a ROM upgrade so hopefully by the time we get our T650's the ROM upgrade will already be available or possibly it will ship with the newer ROM and we won't have to do the upgrade.
    I just moved from a Samsung i500 to a Treo 650. I miss the small form factor off the i500. The i500 was an amazing size. The 650 just has a lot more functionality for me.

Memory. I had about 4mb free on my i500 which came with 16 mb ram. After moving to the treo with approximately the same apps, I had about 2mb of ram free.

Since then I've moved a lot to a memory card, so I am back to around 13mb.
    I ordered a Sprint one from VC the moment I got home from the roadshow and I haven't looked back. This is partially because the Palm and cellphone I'm using now are so sad. It's also why I don't worry about the memory, because it's going to be more than I had either way. I do worry a little about the stability, though, but we'll see how that goes. I just wish it would get here.
    It would have been nice if the options were in this order, so we could see the bell curve (or inverse bell curve) of the responses.

- I've already purchased but have not received my Treo 650 yet
    - I'm getting one now
    - I'm on the fence leaning towards buying now
    - I just can't make up my mind!!!
    - I'm on the fence leaning towards buying later if things look better
    - I'm not going to get one, too many issues
    I am sitting on the fence hoping for a fix before I buy. But I have some available memory on my 600, so it may not be a problem for me.
    If I throw a stick, will you go away?
    I've already ordered the GSM version after the Chicago Road Show. The pricing was attractive. I am prepared, as I was with the 600, to have some problems. I was lucky with the 600 with only one replacement.

The memory issue on the 650 is an issue, however, I still have 15mb free on my 600. I'm not sure how it is going to translate into blocks, but with all the other improvements I saw to the 650, I'd rather judge for myself how bad the memory issue hampers my own usage.

c
    I would buy the GSM version (when it comes out), but I just can't afford it (assuming the unlocked GSM is the same as the T600 before) .
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    After reading more posts last night there are a lot of things other than memory that give me pause. But it is just that, pause, since I know that what bugs one person won't necessarily bug me. So, I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my GSM T650 from VC.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Hmm; check out the results of the poll in this thread; http://discussion.treocentral.com/po...lts&pollid=760
    I think what we might be seeing here is the squeaking wheel syndrome. ~100 owners are pretty satisfied while only a small number are planning to return the unit. I'm sure P1 will be very happy with those numbers.
    I will buy in a New York second even though I have had my Treo since July 13, on Verizon and it will probably cost me extra.
    My hold-ups are #1 Act for Palm compatibility, and #2 Verizon availability.
    These reasons (my only) were not covered on your survey.
    Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast