1.    #1  
    VBersamail is great but when one does a manual fetch & you receive email, the alert will not sound. Only sounds during autosync. This may seem like no big deal except that I have treohelper launch my versamail to fetch email when I receive a sms email alert. But when treohelper launches versamail. it is actually a "manual" fetch. So I get all my emails downloaded immeduiately after I receive them & in the background but with NO alert so I don't know when I have new mail. ANy hack can be created to alleviate this?
    Do you have System Sounds turned on?

Perhaps it's a glitch in VersaMail's manual fetch settings that requires System Sounds to be on.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    ... So I get all my emails downloaded immeduiately after I receive them & in the background but with NO alert so I don't know when I have new mail. ANy hack can be created to alleviate this?
    Does TreoHelper really result in fetching in the background?
    How did you get TreoHelper to work? I'm dying to know, because I'd love to set up e-mails as I did on my 600!
  5.    #5  
    1) yes i have system sounds on. 2) yes treohelper works in background to fetch my verssamail. you have to get ther right version for 650 from the developer. one caveat though; when it treohelper launches versamail, it only fetches one account (whatever account you have up last time you were in versamail.) please bring my alert back!
    I've never seen a way to have it beep when you get mail manually. I know in older versions they used to have a dialog saying how many emails came down. I used to like that feature but I can't seem to find a way to turn it on. If anyone finds a way let me know.
    I'm still using a 600. Does Treohelper work with the 600 and, if so, where can I find it?

K
    1) yes i have system sounds on. 2) yes treohelper works in background to fetch my verssamail. you have to get ther right version for 650 from the developer. one caveat though; when it treohelper launches versamail, it only fetches one account (whatever account you have up last time you were in versamail.) please bring my alert back!

That is one of the things that I miss about Snappermail--it would allow you to pick and choose which and how many accounts it would pull. Since I don't use exchange and I have 4 different email accounts, I am thinking about going back to Snappermail. Gonna see how well it works off the card using Z-launcher.

-dale
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    TreoHelper has now been updated for the 650; if you have an SMS message trigger your manual fetch, then the SMS can trigger an alert.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    TreoHelper has now been updated for the 650; if you have an SMS message trigger your manual fetch, then the SMS can trigger an alert.
    Where can I find the version compatible with the Treo 600?
    I am trying to make use of VersaMail on the 650 and keep on running into more problems. First the signature file characters were limited. Then, maual fetching and deleting were a few steps more than on the 650. I still can't get ActiveSync to work and now the autosync for POP3 stopped getting my mail.

I downloaded the T650 version of TreoHelper. How can that help me? Why would someone want an SMS alert to trigger a manual mail fetch? Thanks.
    i'm trying a trial version of versaforward. which sends me an sms.

treohelper and versamail.

but when i get mail it turns on the phone as it fetches the mail. I have treobutler suppressing sms messages, but can't keep the damn 650 off. what are your settings?