1.    #1  
    I have been reading all about the 650 with interest, however, am I the only one who swaps out my SD cards frequently (mostly due to having a variety of MP3s on each one)? This workaround use of an SD card to store applications would be a big pain for me since I would have to store apps on each of the four SD cards I carry (not to mention update all four of them and their app databases).

How many of us swap out our SD cards frequently and therefore will still have problems even if the promised fix helps slightly?

It still seems, then, that adding memory to the device is still the only viable option...

Just my $.02,
    Mike
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Why not just use a larger SD card to store all your information on one card so you don't need to swap cards? I plan to pickup a 2 GB SanDisk SD card myself when my Treo 650 comes in the mail. Now, if 2 GB isn't enough for you then I suppose that is a problem.
    yea i m looking to get one of those im just in the stage if i really need to 2gb or can live with the 1gb
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I have been looking around and have been unalbe to find a card over 1GB. Could someone please post a link to a well priced 2GB or 2.5GB memory card?

Thanks,
    E44
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo44
    I have been looking around and have been unalbe to find a card over 1GB. Could someone please post a link to a well priced 2GB or 2.5GB memory card?

Thanks,
    E44
    http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/def...spx?EDC=721416
    If you search this board someone has a rep to talk to to make it $180. If you can buy government, it is $170.93 and free shipping. cdwg.com
    Thats right, the reason we went to cdw or cdwg cuz it was in stock, no one has it in stock, but I now see that it's no longer in stock either.
    I'm with work2fish as those 512MB cards were around $180 when I got my Treo 600. That's simply too much and I settled for a 256MB card for $90. Later when those cards dropped to $30 I picked up another one. Then they dropped to $7 after rebate and I picked up two more. 1GB cards still cost much more than 4 of the 256MB ones. I can't see myself throwing the 256MB out and then spending even more money for 1GB just to consolidate.
    I agree with you, except your idea works on the 600 and is not an option on the 650, if we start making applications resident on the SD card.
    Which I think is exactly what work2fish is trying to point out. I think you need to do something like have an app card and have your music/media cards. In general, you shouldn't need the app card with the media cards. I say need because you have RealPlayer already installed. If your choice is PocketTunes, then you'll have to put that on the media cards or leave it in the main memory.
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Which I think is exactly what work2fish is trying to point out. I think you need to do something like have an app card and have your music/media cards. In general, you shouldn't need the app card with the media cards. I say need because you have RealPlayer already installed. If your choice is PocketTunes, then you'll have to put that on the media cards or leave it in the main memory.

Yes, exactly. I have four 512Mb cards and they were expensive. I have to travel on long trips and I like to carry as much of a variety of music as possible so these four cards are full of MP3s. I then use the PDA functions while listening to MP3s.

I'm sure I will buy another higher density card at some point, but I will not throw away the old ones in any event and this is a problem for anyone with lower density cards they use in this way. So, bottom line, I still have a problem with the 650 and storing apps on an SD card if they are switched out often like this and that was my point.

Regards,
    Mike