View Poll Results: Please select your level of satisfaction with your new Treo 650

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally satisfied--no problems at all..my unit has no crashes or delays, and I am not affected by the memory situation.

77 34.53%
  • Mostly satisfied-- a few issues, but advantages outweigh problems

112 50.22%
  • Barely satisfied--many issues, but advantages still outweigh problems

21 9.42%
  • Dissatisfied--will return it due to memory issue

4 1.79%
  • Dissatisfied--will return it due to crashes, delays, etc.

9 4.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now that some of the furor over the memory issue has died down, I though it might be valuable to take the pulse of those who have had their devices in hand for several days now. While I plan to wait for the "fix" before trading up to a Treo 650, I am very curious to see how it is perceived "in the field". Thanks in advance for your participation.
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Confusing poll. I'm totally satisfied, but I still have "a few issues, but advantages outweigh problems". I expect a few issues with any top of the line gadgetry. Everyone should. Plus this implies that everyone has issues and many are reporting they haven't.
  3.    #3  
    I didn't word that first choice very well, did I? I meant that to read: No problems at all..my unit has no crashes or delays, and I am not affected by the memory situation. Better? Apparently, I cannot go back and edit this. Mods? Can you do this for me?
    This sucker ROCK!!!

I did habe to change my hotsynch id to one with less than 10 characters, and now it beams perfectly! The software developers were FANTASTIC in assistance to get me new regcodes and keys so I can use their apps with the new set up! It did recopy my contacts and calendar what I resynched with new id, and I was surprised because the memory went down, but now that I have removed duplications I have everything I had on my 600 and still have over 50% memory on the 650. No crashes, no loops, NO PROBLEMS at all!
    what all do you have on there firstbeat?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Nice poll, and so far it is falling exactly as I expected. I think that 2nd option should stay in the lead. All in all, it backs up what I said, it's the minority who post more often and the happy people generally stay quiet, or offer help.

Good poll.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    Mods? Can you do this for me?
    Done!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  8.    #8  
    Thanks, MarkEagle (and Bmacfarland for the original suggestion)!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    i am extremely satified.....only had to reset once....tried to load a bmp file from an email .....i have adequate storage and don't seem to have the slow change in screens other seem to have encountered.....i did a fresh install....complete deletion of the treo 600/handspring files on my pc and new installation of the 650 software...the only problem i've had was syncing to outlook and i remedied it by getting pocket mirror XT
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    darn, with results like this palm will never straighten out.

i didnt vote btw. i dont have a 650.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Even with the small amount of problems I have had, I still consider it a great step up from my 600 and will be keeping it!!!
    I agree that this is a great poll. This assures me more that I am making the right choice to go ahead with the Treo 650 when GSM come out.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    I didn't word that first choice very well, did I? I meant that to read: No problems at all..my unit has no crashes or delays, and I am not affected by the memory situation. Better? Apparently, I cannot go back and edit this. Mods? Can you do this for me?
    That's what I took it to mean. Still I feel "totally satisfied" even though I have experienced some crashes and think I will be affected by the memory situation as time goes on and I get more apps. Thus by your definition of totally satisfied, I am not, but by mine, I am. Hence it's a confusing poll.

It almost feels like it should be two polls. One would be how satisfied you are and the other would be the amount of problems you've come across.
    I've had it for several days now. Overall, I'm happy. The screen is gorgeous, the bluetooth works, and all my old apps worked.

Sure, the memory thing is minorly annoying (mostly because of a quarter second delay when switching apps, like dialing from a web page or something).

That's offset by some nice unexpected things like the amazing voicedial.

In general, I'd say if you need bluetooth, it's a good solution. It is kind of too bad they didn't just upgrade the memory to 128 M instead of going with this wacky swappable battery non-volatile stuff, then they'd just have improved perfection instead of taking a step backward. For 98% of users it shouldn't be a deal-killer.

That said, if you don't need bluetooth, nothing else is really worth upgrading for. Wait for the Treo 700.

I'm happy with my purchase, though, and won't be joining the angry memory-mob.

-- Doug
    Great poll. I have also had the 650 for several days and I am totally satisfied. I did a clean install and loaded Docs To Go, then copied it to the SD card. I loaded Sprint BizConPE and mNotes, along with Adobe Acrobat. I loaded everything I possibly could to the card - documents, etc. I have ~300 contacts, ~200 calendar entries, and I run BizCon for work e-mail and Versamail for personal e-mail from Comcast. No resets or crashes here. I have just over 15mb available, so memory is currently not an issue for my setup. I learned a lot from the poweruser post by silverado and will probably look to zlauncher in the future. I am in IT and need to have the e-mail/web capabilities of the 650, along with a reliable phone - with speakerphone capabilities, all in one device. My only "issue" is with Lotus Easysync Pro - which is really a 3rd app issue. So far, it has exceeded my expectations.
    I'm upgrading from a m515 and OMG do I love this Treo! Perhaps I would be less impressed if I had the Treo 600 (which I almost did until stumbling onto the TC website and learning of the upcoming ACE -- THANKS ya'll). I have only had one soft reset due to a third party software hangup (really my fault). But it has really worked almost flawlessly. I'm waiting for my 1GB Ultra II to load some apps to it, since I only have 4.8 mg left. But that should do me fine.
    I got my 650 the day before thanksgiving, I spent most of the day poking at it.. My last palm was a Visor Delux, so this is a huge step up. Even my girlfriend is drooling, and she just got a Tungsten C (used, good price). I have had a few resets related to VeriChat, but I blame the app (beta version). Does anyone have reccomendations for other backgroundable IM apps?

I picked up a black friday special sandisk 1GB SD card for $80 (after MIR) from circut city.. I moved all the games and other big crap over to the SD card, (no extra launcher app, why the hell can't palmos categorize SD card apps.. it seems like a stupid simple thing to code) I have 18MB free of 23.7MB.
    i'm mostly satisfied. it will be nice when they fix the memory issue. Also, there seem to be relatively frequent soft resets when using Blazer. Most of us are early adopters and have learned to expect these issues, so its not a surprise or a really big deal.
    I would be pretty happy but the big reason I skipped the 600 and waited for the 650 was because I wanted/needed bluetooth. I need a phone that works handsfree in my Prius & thought this would be it. I'm tempted to keep it anyway, but unless P1 publically commits to fixing it I'll have to return it.
    Quote Originally Posted by delrey
    I would be pretty happy but the big reason I skipped the 600 and waited for the 650 was because I wanted/needed bluetooth. I need a phone that works handsfree in my Prius & thought this would be it. I'm tempted to keep it anyway, but unless P1 publically commits to fixing it I'll have to return it.
    Could you please explain for me what the phone does when you try to pair it to your car? Chances are this fix is going to have to be done by palm, but if it's a simple bug in the palm implementation we might be able to fix it ourselves...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast