View Poll Results: Please select your level of satisfaction with your new Treo 650

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally satisfied--no problems at all..my unit has no crashes or delays, and I am not affected by the memory situation.

77 34.53%
  • Mostly satisfied-- a few issues, but advantages outweigh problems

112 50.22%
  • Barely satisfied--many issues, but advantages still outweigh problems

21 9.42%
  • Dissatisfied--will return it due to memory issue

4 1.79%
  • Dissatisfied--will return it due to crashes, delays, etc.

9 4.04%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My first 650 was a dud, with a very defective keyboard. I'm totally satisfied with my replacement unit. I had the usual migration nightmares, but I've worked them all out. Now I've got Gmail access, DUN, hi rez, a much more ergonomic keyboard, and a much better camera. One complaint, though: BT HotSync is S-L-O-W!
    I LOVE the 650. Hooray for PalmOne!!!
    According to the poll results so far, out of 143 users, 94.4% are satisfied at some level and wish to keep it. Not bad if you ask me. (I know, who asked me? )
    I don't like these poll options. I'm very dissatisfied, not sure if I'll keep it, but for none of the reasons listed.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseNYC
    According to the poll results so far, out of 143 users, 94.4% are satisfied at some level and wish to keep it. Not bad if you ask me. (I know, who asked me? )
    Understand, however, that once a poll has been answered it cannot be answered again - nor an opinion updated.

Thus all the enthusiastic answerers who are now disappointed cannot voice their displeasure.
    The Hearing for the other end is driving me nuts!!
    CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the memory is not a good thing but I can try and work around it.
    , I love everything about this phone except for one thing. THE PHONE. The quality of sound on the receiving end of the conversation is the worst of any phone I have ever had(Sprint, Verizon, Nextel, Cingular) Everyone is asking me if I am "in a dead spot" or "what's wrong with your phone, it is so choppy sounding" I really, really want to keep this phone because I love everything else about it. I know many people are not having this problem but there are also quite a few with the same problem. It's seems to be a hardware issue and not a Sprint PCS issue. I guess I am going to have to return the phone and cancel my Sprint service. My only other option is to try have them send a replacement phone to me. Does anyone know if the 14 day trial period starts at the time you initially activate your service or the time that you receive your replacement phone?
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I don't like these poll options. I'm very dissatisfied, not sure if I'll keep it, but for none of the reasons listed.
    Poll Options
    Please select your level of satisfaction with your new Treo 650
    --Totally satisfied--no problems at all..my unit has no crashes or delays, and I am not affected by the memory situation.
    --Mostly satisfied-- a few issues, but advantages outweigh problems
    --Barely satisfied--many issues, but advantages still outweigh problems
    --Dissatisfied--will return it due to memory issue
    --Dissatisfied--will return it due to crashes, delays, etc.

I thought the "etc" covered everything else......
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    with 181 votes so far, it seems those who are truly dissatisfied make up about 6% of all users, the rest ranging from totally satisfied, to satisfied enough to live with the shortcomings.

balanced against the massive hue and cry on the board here the last few days, it seems that the furor, while having legitimate underpinnings, is mostly due to an extremely vocal minority.

now, before everyone pounces on me, let me point out that were it not for our esteemed vocalists, we likely wouldn't have heard word one from, er, palm one. i don't think there's any question about that.

however, i think the prospective T650 customer who may come here for some research before buying one, while learning much that is important to know about the limitations, may come away thinking that the T650 is a howlin' DOG of a new product, and that's simply not the case. it's a great smartphone, with some notable shortcomings. i don't think any bleeding edge product comes without shortcomings. This particular shortcoming is the 450lb aunt who came to dinner, no question about it. but - if we can set aside the rancor for just a bit, it *is* possible that palmone *will* fix this. they've already far exceeded what the naysayers insisted palm would do - that is, they acknowledged it, offered a gesture of make good albeit mostly symbolic, and publicly pledged to fix the problem. so maybe we can just give it some time, huh? those who are unwilling to take the risk of being cut on this bleeding edge can choose to hold back for a while. those who are willing to give it a go can at least do so and try it during the 14 day no-risk return period, to make up their own minds. others, who seem to have a pathological yearning to go ever deeper into debt to Visa/Mastercard.....well, we know who we are....

hey, you know what? i forgot where i was going with this. my T650 is sitting here next to my desk begging me to play with it.

Last edited by anastrophe; 11/29/2004 at 09:56 PM. Reason: math r not us - 5% isn't 6%!
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    lots of wild conclusions being drawn on a poll that is easily (and by easy I mean very easily) fixed, not to mention you cannot verify the respondents in any way

seriously, this is silly ... I know people that spent $500 for a device feel the need to justify it, but enough is enough - no more posts about how your treo 650 saved your life and made your ugly wife attractive, got rid of your foot odor, and brought Osama to justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    which is one of the reasons this love in is nowhere near an accurate measurement
    I've had this phone for over a week now using all of the features extensively. Bottom line is this phone is huge improvement over the 600 in the key areas. Of course there are a few drawbacks, but please - did people actually think the 600 was a perfect phone???? From the original Treo to the 600, each of the devices had their own quirks. I'll take the 650's drawbacks over the 600 any day. Plus I think the "delay" issue (my biggest complaint) is something a ROM upgrade may fix in the future - but nothing I have to hold my breath for.

As for the "voice / sound" issue, I suggest that anyone having this issue return their phone for a replacement. I have made many calls and have found no one that says the sound quality from my phone is poor. If so, I'd return it in a minute because that's not worth living with.
    Im satisfied with the 650.
    Except for a couple of crashes.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisutley
    lots of wild conclusions being drawn on a poll that is easily (and by easy I mean very easily) fixed, not to mention you cannot verify the respondents in any way
    actually, no, that's not true. you can only vote once. i suppose someone might set up a bunch of fake ID's to try and sway the vote, but come on - get real. there are no 'wild' conclusions coming from this. there's nothing stopping those who are dissatisfied from putting a fix on it either, if you're going to suggest that. so, do you really think, with eleventy-seven topics of the ranting; this reeks; palmone sucks; it's a conspiracy; they'll never get it right; doomsday variety, and about 1/10th that number of topics that aren't of that variety - if those topics were truly reflective of overall satisfaction, then there would be that many people voting in this poll indicating they are dissatisfied with the device.

seriously, this is silly ... I know people that spent $500 for a device feel the need to justify it, but enough is enough - no more posts about how your treo 650 saved your life and made your ugly wife attractive, got rid of your foot odor, and brought Osama to justice
    while were dropping down to hyperbole, then how about providing pointers to those ridiculous claims. nobody here is saying that, except in jest. most posters are saying that they like their treo 650, shortcomings and all. 'enough is enough' - yeah, i agree - how many threads are there on the life-destroying memory problem, and how many are there that talk up what's good about the T650? for that matter, 'i know people who haven't spent $XXX and feel the need to trash it'.

do you own a 650? have you voted?
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    ...Balanced against the massive hue and cry on the board here the last few days, it seems that the furor, while having legitimate underpinnings, is mostly due to an extremely vocal minority.

now, before everyone pounces on me, let me point out that were it not for our esteemed vocalists, we likely wouldn't have heard word one from, er, palm one. ......
    It is sad that this product has divided the Treo community as it has. I personally don't seem to be able to do anything that pleases anyone around here.

I was, shall we say, the spiritual leader or at least head cheerleader, of that extremely vocal minority. I am pleased to learn that sometimes a grassroots campaign can get the attention of those in a position to do something about the issue. I am also pleased that so many people are satisfied with the 650, memory issues nonwithstanding. I am not a PalmOne basher, nor do I have any desire to see the company fail. I don't own stock in it, nor do I have the financial expertese to short it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisutley
    I posted this poll to get an idea of how satisfied the OWNERS of 650's are at this point. I am NOT an owner, and no, I didn't vote, thank you. If anyone was out to "throw" the poll, I think there would be far more negative votes. Based on the posts concerning crashes, resets, hot-sync problems, etc., etc., I am a little surprised by the results.

I think we have to give each other a little consideration here. There are those who are totally pleased with the 650, and sing its praises (and can be, ummmmm, extremely vocal too! ) There are those who are having problems, and there seem to be more than the poll indicates based on postings. Well, maybe they are otherwise so pleased that the bumps in the road are tolerable. In fact, those with minor problems make up 50% of the respondants. Take it for what it's worth, folks.

A poll like this is anything but scientific. If anyone has a better way to take the pulse of 650 owners, please do post it.
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Understand, however, that once a poll has been answered it cannot be answered again - nor an opinion updated.

Thus all the enthusiastic answerers who are now disappointed cannot voice their displeasure.
    So, someone should start a poll titled "I was satisfied, but now I am not!"

Or multiple polls spaced at 10 day increments:

"10 Days - Am I satisfied?"
    "20 Days - Still Satisfied?"
    etc

FYI - I am only "half" joking.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12