Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I am trying to assign custom ringtones to the certain callers and it doesn't seem to work for qcp ringtones (although the phone is okay with having the default ringtone be a qcp file). Is anyone else having this problem?

Also, is the only way to assign a custom ringtone the edit favorites method discussed in the manual? Is there a way to assign a ringtone to a person (rather than a specific phone number) other than adding a favorite page for each phone number that the person has?

Thanks!
    Jeff Kahn
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    But isn't it cool being able to use QCP? Not that it's super-standard, but my old Sanyo used it, so I can reuse them (just confirmed that I can email myself ringers in QCP format). I'll have to dust off the converter program to convert mp3s (or wav, can't remember which).

Now I'll have to learn about the movies and adding sound to those. I got my 650 from Vienna Channel, so I'm a little late to the discovery game (and can't bring myself to post on the self-aggrandizing "power user" threads).
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    So then I find out that versamail supports all kinds of attachments, and that wav files are directly supported by the built in sound app. Apparently movies are compatible with Quicktime and Kinoma.
    I tried assigning custom ringtones to a .AMR file and it doesn't recognize the ringtone.

Caller ID ringtones only works for MID and stock rings.

I think this is a bug!
    Can someone please explain what QCP ringtones are.......
    Thanks......

jc
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I think it is a bug as well. Is there a way to report it to sprint or palm? I would like it to be fixed.
    Yes, the individual ringones you set in the favorites doesn't work for AMR, WAV, or QCP although all will work for the default ringtones. I would assume it's a bug although the documentation doesn't say one way or another.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Not sure what others are doing as a workaround... I'm away from home for the holidays and without a hotsync cable. Wondering if Call Filter fixes the problem (or Lightwave) and if I can download either of these apps directly to my Treo. Updates appreciated.

Thanks.