1.    #1  
    Hello,

The "pics & videos" app is driving me nuts! I would like to have an option such as "shrink to fit" where the application automatically shrinks the photo so that the entire thing automatically can be viewed in the screen. This seems obvious to me. Who the heck wants to see only the middle of a standard sized photo (such as one taken with the 650's own camera)?

I know that one can manually use the 5-way button to shrink a photo to fit, but I don't want to do that every time I want to view a photo. And I can find NO WAY to shrink the photos in a slideshow to see the entire photo. Who wants to see a slideshow of only the middles of photos? I find this unbelievably stupid.

Is there some setting that I am missing? I have tried to find one.

Is there some third party software for viewing photos and videos that you might suggest?

Thanks for letting me vent. And if I missed a setting--I apologize to the code-writers.

-Mike
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    i use the resco viewer desktop software to shrink photos to 320x320 and then save them to a phone pics folder i created...i then directly hot synch them into my treo
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    I'd be interested in finding out how to do this as well. The Treo's default (or exclusive?) "pan & scan" viewer is pretty lame. The same problem bugs me about the Clie, but in this case, coming from the Treo 600, we're losing a feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl
    Hello,

The "pics & videos" app is driving me nuts! I would like to have an option such as "shrink to fit" where the application automatically shrinks the photo so that the entire thing automatically can be viewed in the screen. This seems obvious to me. Who the heck wants to see only the middle of a standard sized photo (such as one taken with the 650's own camera)?

I know that one can manually use the 5-way button to shrink a photo to fit, but I don't want to do that every time I want to view a photo. And I can find NO WAY to shrink the photos in a slideshow to see the entire photo. Who wants to see a slideshow of only the middles of photos? I find this unbelievably stupid.

Is there some setting that I am missing? I have tried to find one.

Is there some third party software for viewing photos and videos that you might suggest?

Thanks for letting me vent. And if I missed a setting--I apologize to the code-writers.

-Mike
    There are many 3rd party image viewers on the market that can do this. Almost all viewers today come with a desktop conduit that keeps in sync and automatically converts images to fit the resolution of your palm device. Some of these include Resco, Splashphoto, AcidImage, GrxView, Myalbum, Photogather and etc. I personally prefer Resco which imo is the best viewer out there...

Also, if you want a free solution, then you can just resize images yourself to 320x320 using various freeware apps like InfranView etc. Then you can just install to card manually...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I used drag and drop from windows explorer. The source folder contained 6.4MP pix. The destination was palm desktop. It asked me when I dropped them if I wanted to have them autoresized to "save memory". Muuuuch better than other approaches I found. Not perfect, though - they're 640x480 for some crazy reason...