Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there is a way to get streaming audio through sirius sat. radio with the treo??

If you are a member, you can access it with the internet, will it work on the treo through pocket tunes?
    Last edited by voorson; 11/27/2004 at 02:36 PM.
    id like to find out about this as well
    If you can't, you can always use Shoutcast (free too).
    Me too. If it's not available maybe someone in the Dev. Forum could help.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    If you can't, you can always use Shoutcast (free too).

Already use shoutcast. I am trying to get Sirius to work on the Treo with or without shoutcast
    Quote Originally Posted by voorson
    Already use shoutcast. I am trying to get Sirius to work on the Treo with or without shoutcast
    What does Sirius stream? If it's mp3, then Ptunes should be able to stream it. However, I suspect they are using some proprietary desktop player, so I have doubt if this would be possible...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    It's not a proprietary player.. It's streamed thru a little windows media player activex dealie off a popup webpage from their site. Doesn't look like there would be any other way to pick up the stream without loading that website.. Which I guess should be possible on the Treo..
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    It's not a proprietary player.. It's streamed thru a little windows media player activex dealie off a popup webpage from their site.
    FWIW that doesn't necessarily mean its not a proprietary streaming media format. Audible.com streams its .aa files thru your WMP in exactly the same way.
    True -- but it's still not a proprietery player

How does the Treo handle websites with WMP streams? Don't remember trying it when I had my 600..
    I can only get XM streaming on the 650
  11.    #11  
    I tried it on the Treo, brought up the web page, it said that it was playing, but no sound
    How can you get XM to work? I can't seem to do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by stokar
    How can you get XM to work? I can't seem to do it!
    www.xmradio.com/myfi

sounds great anywhere.
    That's a link for a $350 piece of hardware that's not available yet.
    will sirius work on treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by WFTarHeel
    That's a link for a $350 piece of hardware that's not available yet.
    it is available. I have one right here and its the next best thing to a TREO!
    Quote Originally Posted by critter92
    will sirius work on treo650
    considering a Sirius radio (the smallest) is about 4 times the size and 8 times the weight of a treo, i wouldnt think so.

the XM myfi is the closest thing and xm announced cell phone integration a few days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    considering a Sirius radio (the smallest) is about 4 times the size and 8 times the weight of a treo, i wouldnt think so.

the XM myfi is the closest thing and xm announced cell phone integration a few days ago.
    Both websites stream their broadcast via their websites -- that's what they're asking about. Your suggestions of buying a portable satellite receiver are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    it is available. I have one right here and its the next best thing to a TREO!
    OK, a week later and it's becoming available. What does that have to do with streaming XM or Sirius on the 650?
    Absolutely nothing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast