Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The MyFi only works where you have AMPLE repeaters. I had one and returned it after a week. The only way to get halfway decent reception, still 25% loss on a recent jog, was to wear the dorktenna that comes with it. 5 hours of recording just don't make it worth it at that price, sorry.

That said, I have Sirius and XM. The Treo will not stream either service. Sirius because it uses MSIE and ActiveX, neither of which are supported by the Treo. XM because it is run in Flash and that's not supported either.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    considering a Sirius radio (the smallest) is about 4 times the size and 8 times the weight of a treo, i wouldnt think so.

the XM myfi is the closest thing and xm announced cell phone integration a few days ago.
    XM bashers on this board too eh? The Sportster is very small and the XACT unit is very close to a Roady2 in size. Actually, the XACT unit is very close in size with a Treo. You can have your two or three receivers, I'll take the myriad of choices from Sirius comparitively. The only reason I still have XM is for a few stations I miss. The equipment isn't nearly as far behind anymore.
    It solves an answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunmoon
    was to wear the dorktenna that comes with it.
    Lol.... What kind of antenna do they give you? Is it like a baseball cap with a dish on it or something?

I can imagine wearing any kind of antenna on one's self would be pretty dorky.
    lol... wearing an antenna does sound funny as hell. I'll wait until it's perfected a little more before I try that one.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunmoon
    XM bashers on this board too eh? The Sportster is very small and the XACT unit is very close to a Roady2 in size. Actually, the XACT unit is very close in size with a Treo. You can have your two or three receivers, I'll take the myriad of choices from Sirius comparitively. The only reason I still have XM is for a few stations I miss. The equipment isn't nearly as far behind anymore.

I would say it is really far behind.....

XM has a walkman ipond dealio. There is nothing CLOSE at sirius and they say not til next year.

But with the stock as it is today who knows
    I play XM radio stations on my Treo 650 all the time. Same should work for Sirius. Just get any unit that has an audio out jack and connect to audio in on your PC or Mac. Run the Shoutcast server app (free from shoutcast.com) on XP, Mac OS X, or Linux and then run Shoutcast broadcast app (WinAmp is $20 for Windows, Mac app is free). Set the broadcast app to pick up the XM or Sirius signal from audio in. Adjust your firewall to redirect port 8000 and 8001 to your PC. Then use Pocket Tunes Deluxe to pick up the XM radio Shoutcast stream at nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:8000 using the IP address of your broadband net connection. I set up a 24K stream with WinAmp, and it sounds great on the 650 using my Sprint PCS Vision connection.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12