Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I did a search for a solution to my problem, but found very little information. Perhaps someone can help.

So here goes... I am currently using GoodLink to access my corporate Exchange account. My company uses a Cisco Unity voicemail solution that integrates with Exchange allowing us to receive voicemails as an email attachment.

When I download and try to listen to one of these voicemail attachments (WAV file) pTunes will not play it. I tried loading mVoice; it claims to allow the listening of these sorts of attachments on a T600 through either GoodLink or Snappermail. Unfortunately, I am still unable to listen to voicemail messages on my device.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone successfully downloaded and listened to voicemail attachments from Cisco's Unity messaging system?
    I, too, use Goodlink, and while I haven't done it from a Cisco unity phone system, I have done it from the 3com NBX phone system.

A couple of questions:

1) What version of GoodLink do you have?
    2) What option are you choosing on the attachment? Download high quality or download to card?
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I believe I am using GoodLink 3.7 on my handheld, and I have tried both options, but the one that I was advised to use was "Donwload high quality"

Thanks in advance for your help!
    UM uses a 'special' type of .wav file. It's seems to not be standard, and requires a special codec. I believe it's a wav file using GSM compression. I found this out once when I couldn't get the default app to play a voicemail, and tried to open the .wav in media player. It told me that the codec was not installed. Further searching narrowed it down to a certain codec, though I can't remember which. I ended up finding the .dll needed and getting it to work using Media Player Classic, but this was 9 months ago and I honestly can't remember how. But.. I'm posting here to say it can be done!
    Try this app: http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mvm

Also codec is: CCITT uLAW
    The default settings for UM are Format = CCITT u-Law and Attributes are set at 8.000 kHz, 8 Bit, Mono 7kb/sec