1.    #1  
    It seemd fine at first (the battery % would drop normally), but recently my battery meter seems to never drop below 99%. I had the phone on for 12 hours and used it twice for calls. Not a lot of use, but no drop in battery % in 12 hours is a little hard to believe. I know the 600 sometimes had this problem (something to do with calibration) but a soft reset could usually fix that. But I soft reset and even removed the battery. After a night's recharging and another soft reset, it's been in standby for 4 hours and its still 99%. Thoughts?
    Try playing Zap2016 and browsing the web for a bit and see if it drops. That should tax the battery pretty hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    It seemd fine at first (the battery % would drop normally), but recently my battery meter seems to never drop below 99%. I had the phone on for 12 hours and used it twice for calls. Not a lot of use, but no drop in battery % in 12 hours is a little hard to believe. I know the 600 sometimes had this problem (something to do with calibration) but a soft reset could usually fix that. But I soft reset and even removed the battery. After a night's recharging and another soft reset, it's been in standby for 4 hours and its still 99%. Thoughts?

This sort of problems is exactly why I did not invest 600 dollars into the 650.
    Should have went with the ppc660x
    Nguyen-

You are posting on a lot of threads with the same comments. Do you sell ppc600x's? Seems like an agenda when you keep pushing it...
    Last edited by SamCraig; 11/27/2004 at 11:57 AM. Reason: added content
  5.    #5  
    Actually, I had the GSM version of the ppc660x - the PDA2K. It had it's own set of different problems. Plus, I thought it was clumsy as a phone. Now I have an iPaq 4700. Once you see a VGA screen, you'll never want to go back.

By the way, after some web browsing, still 99%...
    battery miss calibration is normal. it usually happens after a while of use, but can happen spontaniously. the only way to recalibrate the meter is to completely drain the battery so the meter is able to recognize the 0% refrence point.
  7.    #7  
    Actually, doing a few hotsyncs without the charger plugged in "unstuck" the meter.