Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Need some ideas....
    I order a Nutshell case a week ago. Haven't received it yet, but soon as I do, I will post an overall impression of it here. I also considered the Vaja case, but didn't want to drop $100 on a case. Would rather spend that on other things. Their web site is http://www.nutshell.co.nz/.
  3.    #3  
    What is that silver loop for?
    Quote Originally Posted by rriehl
    What is that silver loop for?
    I guess you could use it to hook the case/phone to something. The cases really are quite solid. I used a nutshell case for my Treo 300 and loved it. You can order them, as I did, as a pouch with flap closure. It never once fell out. I didn't need the silver loop so I cut it off when I received it. They will omit it when you order the case but they charge you to NOT include it.
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
    Covertec side case that I used for my 600. Perfect fit, access to indicator light and wired headset jack as well as volume buttons to ignore calls (phone always set to vibrate). The only issue is that the flap does cover the bottom half of the side button, but it hasn't been an issue yet (mostly because the side button doesn't do anything when the screen is off as I have it set to a voicedial application).

Covertec side case
    Got the Form Fit case from the TreoCentral Store. $5 cheaper than the P1 store.

Form Fit Case

http://store.treocentral.com/store_i.../large/106.jpg

Has a clear panel to protect the screen and keys.

Fine for most uses. Requires opening the back flap to use the camera, not optimal for web browsing where you want fine control with the stylus, but great as an overall protector that can be used immediately without removing the Treo 99% of the time.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I dont have the 650 yet (GSM man) but do have the Covertec side case for the 600. I went thru a few cases and would say that the side (horizontal case) as talked about above was and is great and my understanding is that it works fine on the 650 as well.

I would recomend anyone to check it out.

rob
    I'm using the Krusell from my old 600. It works pretty good except the cover over the sync connection is partially covered. I'm hoping Krusell will come out with a cover specifically made for the 650. In the meantime I'll make do.
    Pacific Rim lists their open hard case for the 650, but it is not in stock yet. I'm looking forward to that one. In the meantime, I have a generic $7 case from Target.
    links? Anyone try a Vaja case yet?

http://www.vajacases.com
    I am opting for a vaja or piel frama.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I ordered one thru Palm1 which was cheaper than going directly through Vaja. They don't have every single color combination that Vaja has but they had one that I liked. Not sure when it will arrive. It seems like they have a lot of colors in stock already since they have limited choices but I did get it personalized (which is free) so I am sure it will take a least a week or so.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Quote Originally Posted by JmDor
    Pacific Rim lists their open hard case for the 650, but it is not in stock yet. I'm looking forward to that one. In the meantime, I have a generic $7 case from Target.
    the treo 600 case will work on the 650, just for reference. it's a tiny bit tight, but the aluminum is easily 'stressed' outward so it's not quite so snug.

if you're into modding, it's very easy to use a dremel tool and the metal shaper bit to make the small mods necessary so it's a custom fit. the only changes needed are to slightly widen the opening at the bottom to accomodate the larger sync connector, and lengthen the slot on the side to make the extra button accessible.

here's some images of mine. the slot on the side needs just a bit more lengthening to make the extra button more easily reachable.

however, all that said, better to wait for the 650 case.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    I'm using the Krusell from my old 600. It works pretty good except the cover over the sync connection is partially covered. I'm hoping Krusell will come out with a cover specifically made for the 650. In the meantime I'll make do.
    Can you provide a link to where to buy this case please?
    Which cases have people found provides the best for protection against dropping? The Vaja case looks pretty good to me, but it's hard to tell just looking at a picture.

(I seem to drop my phones at least once a month, sometimes quite violently, like the I went to toss my phone in the inside pocket of my jacket and missed the pocket entirely shattering the phone on the pavement, in rain no less.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by meridian
    Got the Form Fit case from the TreoCentral Store. $5 cheaper than the P1 store.
    I just can't justify/understand a case that exposes the screen and keyboard when I wear it on my hip....
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
    I've been using the Nutshell on the 300, 600 and now 650. Love it completely. Get the metal belt clip model and without the top strap. It's the best belt clip designed ever. It's actually fun (like drawing a pistol) taking it out and putting it back in. Super quick and doesn't ever come out on it's own. I have a friend who tried many other cases until he finally got a Nutshell and he loves it now too.
    Quote Originally Posted by meridian
    Got the Form Fit case from the TreoCentral Store... Fine for most uses. Requires opening the back flap to use the camera, not optimal for web browsing where you want fine control with the stylus, but great as an overall protector that can be used immediately without removing the Treo 99% of the time.
    This is what I got, in part because it was one of the few 'made for the 650' available when I ordered the 650. My top concerns are drop protection, use-in-the-case use, and camera access... and the Form Fit Case hit two of three (plus "price," which is a close fourth!).

The flap that covers the camera is my primary complaint, but as I mentioned in another thread, my "fix" was the office hole puncher. I had to widen it a bit, and need to find a way to limit fraying (fingernail polish?), but at least it saves me the trouble of having to unsnap and fold down that leather piece...

As I've mentioned, I'm new to the Treo fold, and this kind of thread is most useful to me. Any specific recommendations would be great.

Those Vaja cases are gorgeous. And the Pacific Rim hard case looks sturdy. But am I seeing right? Do both expose the keyboard and screen? The Form Fit's plastic shield might be a bit cheesy, but I kind of like the extra piece of mind. I hadn't thought of it initially, but I think a cover there might also be a concern of mine.
    Last edited by pzarquon; 11/27/2004 at 01:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Which cases have people found provides the best for protection against dropping? The Vaja case looks pretty good to me, but it's hard to tell just looking at a picture.

(I seem to drop my phones at least once a month, sometimes quite violently, like the I went to toss my phone in the inside pocket of my jacket and missed the pocket entirely shattering the phone on the pavement, in rain no less.)
    A few people on here have said the Vaja has protected their Treo very well in a drop.

I don't mind having the screen exposed. With a Boxwave on their it won't be a problem. Of course I paying for Lockline's insurance as well...
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Bummer - I just received a ripped open package from Nutshell - the new case I ordered was missing. Have sent them an email - hopefully will hear back Monday. Anyone else experiencing theft in their shipments? This is the first time I have had an empty package delivered - although the thief was kind enough to leave the packing slip inside of the padded envelope.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast