Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I guess I am leaning more towards the Bellagio case but there's no review here and only seen a couple posts with people who have one...any thoughts from anyone else who has it. Reviews of the Nutshell all seemed real positive.
    I don't really like the look of the form fit cases, and I doubt that they protect the Treo very well in case of a drop. The Nutshell does look promising. I'm especially intrigued by the observation (in a user review), "Love the fact I can plug in the ear bud, and switch the speaker on/off button while fully encased."

How can one plug in the ear bud while the Treo is fully encased? How is that possible?
    Another question: how does the Nutshell compare to:

1. The case available on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5750090224

2. The less expensive Sydney Harbour Pouch Case, available on Treo Central: http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-25--231.htm
    Last edited by odysseus; 03/21/2005 at 09:17 PM.
    I now have 3 layers of protection. I know, I know, overkill but I sleep better knowing its going to take a fall.

1) Screen protector from treocentral
    2) Silicone skin from treocentral
    3) Crumpler "John Thursday #70" case, which if the phone can't survive a fall in this thing, PalmOne should really be ashamed. And I only use the Crumpler at work (warehouse environment)
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
  4. PGR
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    If my Treo 300 taught me anything, it was if I didn't keep it covered up, it would get beat up. After about 3 months in one of those plastic clip holsters it looked like hammered cat crap.

I got my Treo 600 when they first came out so there wasn't much available at the time. What was available was really designed for something else and didn't fit worth a darn. So I got out my leather tools and a hunk of cowhide and made my own:

It took about 3 tries to get it right. The third one (pictures) is now over 18 months old and I think it would protect a Treo from a close-proximity nuclear explosion. The old 600 looked as good as the day I bought it when I upgraded to a 650.

When I got my Treo 650 I looked at dozens of new cases but couldn't find any that I like as much as my homemade. I keep telling myself that I'm going to get out some boot polish and shine it up but it just hasn't happened yet.

But the case matches my boots, dontcha know.

Pete
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Handspring Visor > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Pro > Pre (in November) ... Evolution, or more money than sense?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    http://www.innopocket.com/web/produc...2183126771.jpg

Magnum Case for Palm Treo 650 Smartphone
    This is from innopocket may be a very nice case.
    Ill let you know once it arrives.
    Yes, for me it's the absolute winner since it's listed on the Innopocket site, but unfortunately it's not for sale yet at.....

edit: What do you mean with 'once it arrives' ? Did you already manage to order one ?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I emailed innopocket requesting to be emailed once it is released.
    OK thanks.

I also asked in an E-mail when the case is expected. They told me 'in the coming months'....
    Quote Originally Posted by meonline
    Meridian,
    How well are the corners protected?
    not protected at all. i dropped mine onto the sidewalk from chest level. there's a clear scratch where the paint in the corner was scraped off.

*this refers to the form fit leather case from palmone
    I've been looking for a case that would hold my treo 650, cards (3) and headphones. Started looking at digital camera cases because I couldn't find what I wanted in treo cases. I found this at Best Buy ($14) that works pretty good. http://lowepro.com/Products/Camera_P...h/Rezo_40.aspx. It's about as big as the treo sport case with a pouch to hold cards, headsphones etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommccombs
    I've been looking for a case that would hold my treo 650, cards (3) and headphones. Started looking at digital camera cases because I couldn't find what I wanted in treo cases. I found this at Best Buy ($14) that works pretty good. http://lowepro.com/Products/Camera_P...h/Rezo_40.aspx. It's about as big as the treo sport case with a pouch to hold cards, headsphones etc.
    That's a great idea! I really like Lowepro cases. I'll bet they protect really well. The whole Treo 650 with antenna fits inside?
    Yes the whole Treo 650 Plus antenna fits inside. It's a little thinner then the treo sport case and a little thicker with the pouch. It fits on your belt with a velco strap and case for the 650 has 2 zippers (not as convenient to open a velco, but I getting use to it.) It's nice having everything in one case.
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    I emailed innopocket requesting to be emailed once it is released.
    I emailed them about it too. They told me it would be available next month
    Everyone should email them to get it out as soon as possible. I think it looks really exciting actually. I've been waiting for this!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a Piel Frama case or the PA31 by Vaja.
    Can anyone compare the two?
    Also, someone told me that a magnet might affect an electronic device. The Piel Frama has a magnetic clip. Is it true, that it can affect the Treo?
    From all I read the Piel Frama seems to be the better one especially with the lid staying down. I'm not sure how this is with the Vaja. The Vaja looks great, too, though and offers nice options.

Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by taquan
    Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a Piel Frama case or the PA31 by Vaja.
    Can anyone compare the two?
    Also, someone told me that a magnet might affect an electronic device. The Piel Frama has a magnetic clip. Is it true, that it can affect the Treo?
    From all I read the Piel Frama seems to be the better one especially with the lid staying down. I'm not sure how this is with the Vaja. The Vaja looks great, too, though and offers nice options.

Thanks in advance

I can't address your first question since I don't have either case. But, I can address the magnet question. I have the case that is advertised on ebay with a magnetic closure and have never had a problem with the magnet causing a problem. Of course, I do keep the Treo facing in. To me it is more convenient taking it out this way, plus, it protects the face a little more. I have used the case for over two months now.
    I just want to say I love, love, love the Nutshell cases
    http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/treo-650-belt-case.html

I have looked at 50 different cases/holsters and bought a total of 6 cases/holsters for my treo 650 and either gave away or returned every one of them.

Here are the benefits of this case:

1) Extremely well made, I could see this case lasting 10 years
    2) It is good looking (most cases look silly and cheap)
    3) It is easy to take the phone on/off of the hip, easier than any case I've ever used.
    4) You dont need to take the case off when sitting in a snug seat (usualy when you get in a car you set the phone where you can get to it quick and with most cases you take the case clip off your hip because its uncomfortable when it presses against you, not the Nutshell case, you forget its even there)
    5) You have zero fear of the phone coming out of the case or the case coming apart (I wouldnt jog in the park with any case but a nutshell)
    6) The case keeps the phone close to your body (so many cases stick the phone out so far because the case is so fat you look like your hidding a fax under your shirt)

I was sceptical when I saw the cases on the nutshell website, I was worried I wouldnt like the way the case looked when I got it but I was very pleasently surprised, it was better looking than all the other cases. heres my review starting on 4-4-05 http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/...20&pagenumber=3
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    I'm using the form fit case sold by Dan's Cellular on eBay -- here's a link to his Treo 650 items.

I paid $17.95 + $6.99 shipping = $24.94 for both the case and the car charger. Great prices!

Click the link in my signature below for pics of the case.

The case that I really want is the Krusell Classic case. It's not yet available for the 650, but here's a link for the 600 model. TreoCentral sells this case.

cute flower.. just curious if thats a screensaver,, if it is,, what application did you use?

thnks
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdavidd
    cute flower.. just curious if thats a screensaver,, if it is,, what application did you use?

thnks
    Thanks, kingdavidd!

Yes, this is a screensaver program called PalmaryClock ScreenSaver. You can buy it for $9.95.

The PalmarySoft site includes lots of beautifully rendered skins and backgrounds that you can download for free!

Here are the two that I use the most:

http://tanster.smugmug.com/photos/15972042-S.jpg http://tanster.smugmug.com/photos/15972041-S.jpg

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    The Vaja's are crazy expensive but really nice too. I love mine.
    I'm so bummed about vaja cases. I had the 600 case in vitolino and it just literally peeled apart after 3 months use (lining came off and the phone kept slipping out when open) .. they sent me another and the same thing happened. now i bought the t66 ivolution for my 650 and made the mistake of ordering a color. 3 days of use and the color is scratching off with as little as a strong fingernail scratch revealing another ugly color below. The black leather does not scratch off however. i just don't have the heart to email them again, and i really think theres nothing they can do. i might buy the all black when this one is trashed in another month...
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast