Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    Covertec side case that I used for my 600. Perfect fit, access to indicator light and wired headset jack as well as volume buttons to ignore calls (phone always set to vibrate). The only issue is that the flap does cover the bottom half of the side button, but it hasn't been an issue yet (mostly because the side button doesn't do anything when the screen is off as I have it set to a voicedial application).

Covertec side case
    very nice case!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    If people here are saying their 600 case fits the 650, why did Covertec tell me that the 650 case won't be out until January? Hmmm ... mo' money I suppose?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I have been using my Tmobile Sidekick case for both my 600 and now 650 and love it.
    metal case protect very well in a drop, shocks !

http://www.innopocket.com
    been using this for my 600 now 650. nice slim, very protective. easily slips in and out and isn't cumbersome. http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nMore=M9129G/A

650 and 600 - same size as the ipod...
    here're ours
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (401.1 KB, 836 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.JPG (433.1 KB, 439 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.JPG (339.3 KB, 366 views)
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone
    Wow! I never would've thought of trying that. I have universal egrips on my 650, so it doesn't easily slide in and out of that case (i.e.: it is VERY hard to get it in or out). That combination (iPod case+egrips) is not practical.

Keep in mind that the belt clip on the iPod case is very fragile. I broke my first within a week of having it when I stood up from a chair and it got caught by the chair arm.

I would say it's a good way to protect and carry your 650 while you find a solution that you really like.
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    Did exactly the same thing (you can't beat Dan's prices), and am waiting for the exact same case from Krusell. I emailed them and was told they would have 'a' case available for the 650 early January. Here's hoping it is the Classic case, and also that they will make a version again that does not cover the screen...I'll use BoxWave's screen protectors for that.
    awesterink, I just emailed Krusell, and now they are saying late January....

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Who here has the S650 skin case? How does it work when you need to use the 5-way because it looks like its blocked by the skin?
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    awesterink, I just emailed Krusell, and now they are saying late January....
    Figures. Actually...I am starting to think the Krusell is not going to be my preference anyway. After using the P1 form fit case, I know for sure I do not want any plastic covering the screen...it is a pain. And the plastic covering the keys is not all that great either. For the screen I highly recommend the BoxWave screen protectors, I tried both the Crystal Clear and the Anti-Glare, both very nice.

Bellagio just started taking orders for their T650 case...that one is pretty nice, it has a protective metal rim around the screen. Sena replied to an email today saying that they will start talking pre-orders for the T650 version of their case by the end of this week.

I'm leaning towards the Sena case, because it is SO snug. But it does not protect the corners very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DieMaster
    metal case protect very well in a drop, shocks !

http://www.innopocket.com
    i like this one better than the rhino case!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    I think a shoe box with a belt clip will work just fine.

Al
    I modified my 600 krussel case and it works fine.

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger
    Who here has the S650 skin case? How does it work when you need to use the 5-way because it looks like its blocked by the skin?
    The plastic is very elastic, so the 5-way is very usable.

Thanks,
    Thanks for the Bellagio and Sena links, awesterink! Decisions, decisions....

fkpalm, are you saying you're using a Treo 600 classic case for your 650? Do you by chance happen to have pictures? Or can you provide more details on the modifications you made? Thanks!

tanster
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    Thanks for the Bellagio and Sena links, awesterink! Decisions, decisions....

fkpalm, are you saying you're using a Treo 600 classic case for your 650? Do you by chance happen to have pictures? Or can you provide more details on the modifications you made? Thanks!

Tanster i am in the same boat you are in.

What should we get:

Kruesell
    Sena
    Bellagio
    Other.

I want a case that will protect my device thats not too bulky...

Keep me in the loop of what you are going to do.

I dont think the plastic coverign on the krueselle will be a problem

What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    The plastic is very elastic, so the 5-way is very usable.

Thanks,
    Marcus,

Why can you guys sell the Vaja Classic cases for the Treo 650? It is one of the best cases in my opinon. It protects the screan, has pockets for 2 SD cards, and looks very professional.

http://www1.vajacases.com/images/sma...a131c/main.jpg

Al
    Hi faisal, I think I may still hold out for the Krusell Classic. I want a play-through case that is as slim as possible, and so far, the Krusell Classic seems to be the best fit for my needs. I would have considered a rubberized case, but I had a case like that for my iPod, and it picked up an incredible amount of lint....

And yes, even though the plastic covering of the Krusell does detract from the beauty of the Treo's screen, I am okay with it since it provides protection.

I just don't know if I can wait until late January, LOL! (Again, if anyone has modified their Treo 600 Krusell Classic case for their 650, I would love to see some pics!)

I will post in this thread whenever I make a new case purchase. With pictures, of course.

Until then, I will make due with Dan's case.

tanster
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone
    been using this for my 600 now 650. nice slim, very protective. easily slips in and out and isn't cumbersome. http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nMore=M9129G/A

This looks like the case I've been looking for. I want something that clips to my belt CLOSELY (not hanging a foot away from my hip) and allows the Treo to be used w/o a bulky leather case covering it. The iPod's dimmensions seem smaller than a Treo's though:

IPod: 4.1H x 2.4W x 0.69D
    600: 4.4H x 2.4W x 0.9D inches

The height I suppose isn't a huge issue. Did the case take a while to strech to fit the depth though? Do you possibly have any pictures of your Treo in this IPod case? Thanks in advance!
    Even though no pictures or release dates are posted, Krusell now lists the Classic Multidapt case and the Handit Multidapt case for the 650 on their website!

A good sign.

tanster
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast