Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    Did exactly the same thing (you can't beat Dan's prices), and am waiting for the exact same case from Krusell. I emailed them and was told they would have 'a' case available for the 650 early January. Here's hoping it is the Classic case, and also that they will make a version again that does not cover the screen...I'll use BoxWave's screen protectors for that.
    awesterink, thanks for the update on the Krusell for the 650 in January -- can't wait!

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Nice set of links, thx! BTW, Bellagio also replied saying that they'd have their 650 case(s) in January.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Had to go I-Volution... can't wait to get it! Went dark colors...
    http://www1.vajacases.com/vaja/catal...edar-green.jpg
    This phone rocks. Streaming music, watching DVD's, DUN, Bluetooth and it just does something new everyday.
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by grsmith
    I have that one. It doesn't work for me. I was thinking you could snap the phone in and out of it, but that's not true.

First the good:
    - The phone fits very tightly in the case (it won't slide out accidentally). This is one of the reasons I don't like this case, but I understand that it is designed with that purpose, and they accomplished it very well.
    - The case rotates and snaps every +45 degree angle, so you can have the phone vertical, horizontal and in between those.
    - The case can rotate 360 degrees, which means you can use it horizontally on either side of your body.
    - The case feels very well crafted and looks good.
    - The clip feels very firm and sturdy. It has a hook shape at the tip, so it won't slip out of your belt accidentally.
    - To detach the case from the clip, you need to push a button (see picture). The case won't accidentally slip out of the clip.
    - All buttons and connectors are easily accessible. The back speaker is covered by the case, but the case has two holes on top of it and I haven't noticed any loss of volume when the phone rings.

Now the bad (for me):
    - It may be just the one I got, but the side grips of the case get a little bit over the phone screen, making it uncomfortable to click on the lower corners of the screen. If you use Mapopolis, that's where the "Menu" button is on the screen. (Minor inconvenience)
    - To use the phone, you detach the case from the belt clip, leaving the phone in the case. (Major inconvenience)

That last one may be fine for some, but not for me. I have a PDA auto mount that works beautifully for when I'm driving and want to see directions in Mapopolis, or just to leave it there in case I receive a call I don't have to hurry to get the phone in time while fighting my seat belt. I'm also planning to have a Bluetooth car kit, obviously I will see who's calling before I answer, and have access to the screen buttons and info. The phone sits perfectly in the mount and the two side arms are manually tightened to hold the phone with a firm grip. I love that mount.

When the phone is in the case however, the button in the back of the case that fits in the belt clip sticks too far out, and the car mount side arms cannot hold the phone.

I ordered a Palmone Treo side case from Dan's cellular (go to ebay, search for "Treo side case", no quotes). I'm hoping I will be able to feel the phone vibrate, and it will be easy to take it out and place it in the mount.

I'll report back my experience.
    Last edited by adiascar; 12/17/2004 at 08:48 AM.
    The side case is not bad..the finish is good. I did not like the snap on it though, would have much preferred a magnetic clasp, like the Covertec case. But for both the Treo side case and the Covertec...it just looks HUGE on your belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFan
    I just can't justify/understand a case that exposes the screen and keyboard when I wear it on my hip....
    The front is clear plastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by meonline
    Meridian,
    How well are the corners protected?
    Well, actually not well!
    Anybody else notice the version of the Treo on the Vaja website (the main and first picture, not customized)? It doesn't have the darkened number buttons, somebody please tell me that's not the GSM version...please...
    I'm waiting for the 650 Covertec horizontal, due in January. I emailed them yesterday to confirm, and they said indeed it would be January. In the meantime, it stays in my pocket -- or under my pillow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileDave
    I'm waiting for the 650 Covertec horizontal, due in January. I emailed them yesterday to confirm, and they said indeed it would be January. In the meantime, it stays in my pocket -- or under my pillow.
    Eh? How would that case be different for the 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileDave
    I am using the Covertec Horizontal that I had with my 600 and it works just fine. FYI.

I am just hoping that Santa leaves me the iVolution under the XMas tree!
    I'm using the Pacific Rim Open Hard Case "given to me free from P1 as a peace offering" and I love it. Well constructed and allows access to everything. The belt clip is not my first choice but is more than adequate. I've always been a fan of the hard cases.
    Coops
    Does the Pacific Rim Open Hard Case have plastic covering the Treo screen or is the company suggesting the use of the "plastic" screen protectors in addition to the case (which may be a good idea anyway)? Thanks in advance for the clarification!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrudwin
    Does the Pacific Rim Open Hard Case have plastic covering the Treo screen or is the company suggesting the use of the "plastic" screen protectors in addition to the case (which may be a good idea anyway)? Thanks in advance for the clarification!
    Yes it has the plastic cover. Read the TC review for more info

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/490-1.htm
    Coops
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Just received my I-Volution. I like it alot. I know its costly, but I like the way it doesn't get in the way is you know hwat I mean. It protects and enhances my 50.

I like it
    I am surprised no one has mentioned the aluminum cases from Innopocket. I dropped my Treo 600 many times onto cement and it never suffered any damage because the inside is padded with neoprene fabric.

www.innopocket.com

It fits on my Treo 650 too.
    Thanks for the links, Santa8Claws!

The Piel Frama case looks nice -- I like the magnetic closure, and it's nice how you can completely remove the knob in addition to the clip!

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    I really want to get the Vaja i-Volution (I like the same color combo as jnjewlz above, but with the front/back colors reversed). I'll have to rationalize it a little longer, though.

For now, I'm making do with the basic form-fit case from PalmOne. I mentioned before that I "modified" it to allow use of the camera without removing the T650, and for the curious, here's what it looks like.

Equipment: An office hole puncher and some glue (to prevent fraying).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Has anyone had success with the S600 Skin case selling on treo central? I'm waiting for the 650 version and can only imagine that it would be called S650.
    http://store.treocentral.com/store_i.../large/136.jpghttp://store.treocentral.com/store_i...s/large/19.jpg

Also, I was thinking of wearing Skin in addition to the Side Case or the Covertec Side case.

Would the 650 fit inside this Side Case while wearing the Skin?

This would be a mean combo if it works - double protection while in storage and highly usable with the screen and keyboard exposed, yet with some protection from nicks and scratches while in use. (Of course, a screen protector is needed.)

-GH
    Love my T-Six-Fifty
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast