Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
    FYI (and no, I did not read all 11 pages of this thread so forgive if repetitive), Nutshell will give you a magnetic clip (instead of loud velcro) for extra $5, and they now have a hole in the bottom for headset/speaker jack.
    That another vote for the Nutshell, the best of the best!

Nutshell <--click there

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...g/nutshell.jpg
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Got my P6 case yesterday and already love it. Kudos to Treocentral, their review wasn't lying. Great case if you like a horizontal puch cases.

+ To my suprise, I barely notice the case when standing or sitting
    + It's a secure but comfortable fit on the treo and has an excellent and satisfying magnetic close
    + The belt hook stays secure and doesn't stick way out - so I can still have my wife carry it in her purse when I don't want it on my hip ! I thought about the belt-loop style one for this purpose, but glad I didn't go that route. Taking off your belt in public isn't always a good idea
    + The slots for the headphone are great and the phone goes in perfectly in either direction. If you face it with the antenna forward you can pretty easily check the LED while still in the case.

- An adjustment to one of the slots would have allowed the charger to plug in while the case. It still wouldn't allow for the hotsync connector, so this isn't a big deal for most, but since I like to keep it in the case and use a charger without the hotsync part at work, it'd be nice.
    - You can't adjust the ring switch while its in the case. Not sure how you would allow this, but that might be a plus for a vertical case.

My wife, who thinks phones on the belt always look super-geeky, actually said "not bad" . She didn't believe me when I told her it was just $20.
    [QUOTE=ahitz]Got my P6 case yesterday and already love it. Kudos to Treocentral, their review wasn't lying. Great case if you like a horizontal puch cases. QUOTE]

OK, but here's mine after 6 months.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The P6 Side pouch that I had for 3 months didn't fare any better. The "leather" on the clip came undone exposing the metal clip. It was obvious that no animals were harmed in the making of the case. It is not leather but plastic on fabric. Don't waste your money on these cases and do not do business with Treo Central. They misrepresented the case and will not stand behind it.
    Using my leather case which I bought for the 600. Had phone come out of my pocket while going twenty five plus on a motorcycle. Hit the pavement and skidded off the road. Expected to find it in pieces. Not a mark on it except the clump of dirt on the antenna where it dug in. Never going to change that case. PS. The worst part of the ordeal was trying to find the phone on the side of the road.
    So has anyone tried the Sena Convertible case for the 600 with the 650?
    thanks
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz
    Got my P6 case yesterday and already love it. Kudos to Treocentral, their review wasn't lying. Great case if you like a horizontal puch cases.
    OK, but here's mine after 6 months.
    Ouch. I'm noticing that perhaps it is not the most durable piece of equipment. The other day I apparently put a small hole in the "leather" with a pen or something. I can't say for sure what did it since I didn't even notice it happen.

I still really like the fit, function, and feel of the case and for $20 I can't really complain. But I'll probably be a little upset if/when the stitching comes apart like yours has done. On the plus side, if do something stupid to mess up the case, it won't be a huge deal.

I just need it to get me to Christmas when Santa gets me a fancier one
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Using my leather case which I bought for the 600. Had phone come out of my pocket while going twenty five plus on a motorcycle. Hit the pavement and skidded off the road. Expected to find it in pieces. Not a mark on it except the clump of dirt on the antenna where it dug in. Never going to change that case.
    Does this magic leather case have a name?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I have the www.niteize.com Nite Ize case for my treo 650. It is called the Clip Case Universal Holster,.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Could those with metal cases please vote in this poll: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=91189.

Thanks. Have a nice day.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhondad
    If you contact support@senacases.com, sometimes SENA has promotional coupons on their items. Some sites and published articles also sometimes have SENA coupons. They have sleek, slim, stylish designs that protect the treo and offer safety features to help prevent loss of the device. You can look at senacases.com FAQ section for some of their upgraded features. They carry trendy fashionable cases, that are far more functionable than others available. Their cases are very precisely handcrafted for a perfect fit. I assure customers who are looking for a beautiful, functionable case-the sena case will not disappoint. This is not a Wal-Mart accessory, it is a top of the line case to protect your investment.
    Not in my experience. I sent an email asking exactly this question on 6/30 and have not gotten a reply, yes or no.
    Has anyone here used or seen both? I am looking for a case for for my Treo that does have a lid to protect the screen, but I am not sure how annoying that lid will be when using the phone.

The Sena lid flips down, the Piel Frama lid flips up.

Sprint seems to have a Treo 650 case available that is 'convertable'. e.g. the lid can be completely removed. The Sprit case seems a bit skimpy on the leather though - the is not much of it surrounding the Treo once the Lid has been removed.

Here are the links:

http://www.senacases.com/catalog/Pa...-p-1-c-320.html

http://www.pielframa.com/palmone_treo_650_eng.htm

Looks like Sprint does not list the case on their website anymore.

Anyway - have any of you guys used any of these cases? How anoying is the lid when talking on the phone?

Thanks for the help

Alexander
    Love my Sena convertible case. With a few mods everything works great. I like the fact that the case flips down.I would def recomend it. It works great. See the post below for pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtalexad2001
    Has anyone here used or seen both? I am looking for a case for for my Treo that does have a lid to protect the screen, but I am not sure how annoying that lid will be when using the phone.

The Sena lid flips down, the Piel Frama lid flips up.

Sprint seems to have a Treo 650 case available that is 'convertable'. e.g. the lid can be completely removed. The Sprit case seems a bit skimpy on the leather though - the is not much of it surrounding the Treo once the Lid has been removed.

Here are the links:

http://www.senacases.com/catalog/Pa...-p-1-c-320.html

http://www.pielframa.com/palmone_treo_650_eng.htm

Looks like Sprint does not list the case on their website anymore.

Anyway - have any of you guys used any of these cases? How anoying is the lid when talking on the phone?

Thanks for the help

Alexander
    I had the Sprint case. Hated the plastic over the keys, so I cut it out and needless to say, the case became too flimsy to even hold it's shape around the Treo. I now have the Piel Frama case, which is what I use all the time, except when I'm home and reading. I do all my reading on my Treo. The flap can be folded back and held like that, although I tend to leave it hanging when on the phone. I'm a heavier Palm user than phone user.

I ordered the Sena magnetic flip case a few weeks back and returned it because you can't fold the flap back. It just didn't work for me with that flap sticking out at me all the time.

I have one of those black pouch cases ordered, like Bekktekk posted. It got lost in the first shipping and am waiting very impatiently for it to get here.

I've even considered a skin and a timbuk2 pouch for carrying in my purse.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!

Too many choices, I'm thinking and not enough of them wonderful.

Vicki
    I know a ton of us picked up unique mobile's case from ebay. I lost mine and purchased a new one recently... It is a totally new fabric. This is nice, he says its been upraded to a lambskin, it actually feels better and the swivel clip is stronger also

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5798903019
    650nut, that's the one I received at no extra charge. I LOVE it!!!
    Anyone who has the JAVO Treo 650, and have any comments on that skin\case.
    And\Or what is the best way to protect your TREO650?

Just wondering!

Any thoughts around here?
    Thomas G
    Have you thoughtof the Sena leatherskin and the lateral pouch?
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Could those with metal cases please vote in this poll: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=91189.

Thanks. Have a nice day.
    thanks for the link
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011