Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I was watching Fox and Friends this morning and they did a report on hot Christmas items. During this segment they show the Treo650 and their comments were: “The Treo is flimsy compared to the Black Berry. So you won’t be seeing Congressmen using the Treo”

This does not mean very much but I thought it was interesting.
    I have both and you need to be more careful with the 650, I wouldn't say "flimsy" is the correct word. However, when it comes to capabilities, the 650 wins hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    I was watching Fox and Friends this morning and they did a report on hot Christmas items. During this segment they show the Treo650 and their comments were: “The Treo is flimsy compared to the Black Berry. So you won’t be seeing Congressmen using the Treo”

This does not mean very much but I thought it was interesting.
    I put zero stock in what anyone on this show says or does.

Everytime I watch it's like they try to make themselves part of the news.
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    I put zero stock in what anyone on this show says or does.

Everytime I watch it's like they try to make themselves part of the news.
    I'll go one step further and say that I put zero stock in what that whole channel says or does. They use factless, sourceless journalism with hacks to back it up and claim it is news. They do not hold themselves to the same level of standards as they hold everyone else to.
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    “The Treo is flimsy compared to the Black Berry. So you won’t be seeing Congressmen using the Treo”
    It seems more like a putdown of Congressmen.
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols
    I'll go one step further and say that I put zero stock in what that whole channel says or does. They use factless, sourceless journalism with hacks to back it up and claim it is news. They do not hold themselves to the same level of standards as they hold everyone else to.
    Oh yeah that's right Dan BLATHER and his factless charges that are consistently incorrect, sorry but FOXNews is the standard the other so-called "news agencies" need to try to hold themselves to!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    It's a useless argument. Conservatives will love Fox and Liberals will hate it. But I won't judge Dan Rather's career on one incident (false sources pushed as true on Bush Guard story) any more than I judge George W. Bush's presidency on an almost similar mistake he made (bad intelligence pushed as true in State of the Union regarding Iraq nukes). They both made identical mistakes in wishful thinking and it's not fair to cite one over the other. They were both boneheads. But I suppose this isn't the time or place.
    Whether you like it or not, any TV that "puts down" the Treo 650 is bad. Millions of people watch it, and opinions are shaped as such.

Moreover, other newsies pick up the comments and repeat it, adding to the perceptions.

P1 should have given a free 650 to all congresspeople...good PRPRPR $at$ $a$ $relatively$ $cheap$ $price$.

As for the news channels, they are all suspect. CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN are all fairly biased, as is Fox. But at least Fox keeps the other guys honest.

Look no further than the examples:

CBS/Rather: Fabricated Vietnam vet expose, Fabricated Bush national guard docs. Lowest level of journalistic integrity in years (excluding Jason Blair)

Fox: O'Riely (sp?) does some hanky panky talk and burned by a woman setting him up.

Which is really worse? Me thinks the former.
    The show itself is crap. (im not getting into the channel)

It strvies to be regarded with the rest of the channel. It's like Brit Hume's retarded cousin he gave a show just because he's a relative.
    I am not a big Fox fan, but Rather and CBS have a track record of goof ups...it's not just one incidence.

See his Vietnam vets story a few years back. That did enormous damage to the country.

And when CBS should have had a spine, as in the 60 minutes tabacco story, they chicken out and cow-towed to Big Tobacco.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    i think its a excellent phone
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Regardless of what you think of Fox, it doesn't take much away from the comment about Congressmen. The Blackberry can take serious abuse and continue to work. Its popularity is no accident. It is a solid messaging platform with strong server-side support. The Treo 600 was never up to that task.

Congress invested $6M to equip their staff with RIM/Blackberry. It would take a darn good solution for them to switch. The much awaited Blackberry Connect software for the Treo would be the first step towards weaning away those heavily invested in RIM. That is, assuming the Treo 650 can deliver on reliability and ruggedness.
    Best to check and see how financially involved Fox/Murdoch is with Blackberry through advertising and other means.

For those still deceived by Bush - answer me this -

Why is he setting up an Islamic Republic in Iraq, as he did in Afghanistan?

Or better yet,how many Americans should die in order to set up an Islamic Republic in Iraq?

-sorry for the digression -
    Every pixel a picasso
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    Regardless of what you think of Fox, it doesn't take much away from the comment about Congressmen. The Blackberry can take serious abuse and continue to work. Its popularity is no accident. It is a solid messaging platform with strong server-side support. The Treo 600 was never up to that task.

Congress invested $6M to equip their staff with RIM/Blackberry. It would take a darn good solution for them to switch. The much awaited Blackberry Connect software for the Treo would be the first step towards weaning away those heavily invested in RIM. That is, assuming the Treo 650 can deliver on reliability and ruggedness.
    Um...what constitutes "serious abuse" because I have done some rather heinous things to my 600 and am still on my original. I work at a Radioshack, and I have seen three Blackberry's (all Verizon) with cracked or non-functional screens this week alone.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Um...what constitutes "serious abuse" because I have done some rather heinous things to my 600 and am still on my original. I work at a Radioshack, and I have seen three Blackberry's (all Verizon) with cracked or non-functional screens this week alone.
    My RIM 957 (Cingular/Mobitex):
    * Stepped on
    * Kicked down a flight of 50 steps on a moving escalator
    * Left in the snow (in the holster) and frozen for a few hrs
    * Thrown from a distance of 50 feet or so and hit a wall
    * Dropped countless times

My Blackberry 7750 (Verizon):
    * Stepped on
    * Dropped onto the 1st floor hardwood floor from a 2nd floor loft
    * Dropped a bunch of other times

The 7750 is definitely more delicate than the 957. The 957 is still the official tank. Mine still works... and despite the abuse, only a few minor marks on the body which clearly do not represent what it should look like after what I've done to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamhgreen
    Best to check and see how financially involved Fox/Murdoch is with Blackberry through advertising and other means.

For those still deceived by Bush - answer me this -

Why is he setting up an Islamic Republic in Iraq, as he did in Afghanistan?

Or better yet,how many Americans should die in order to set up an Islamic Republic in Iraq?

-sorry for the digression -
    HUH?!?! How many americans died due to clintons inability and unwillingness to stop Usama and Saddam when he had a chance. I'm sorry but the deaths you see in Iraq and Afghanistan are directly from clinton being more concerned about his image than what needed to be done to protect the american people. I know - clinton was the reason I left the military, due to his blunders and his cowardness in letting us do our job. Semper Fi, I served and my friends have died to protect your freedoms.

Enough said - I want my ATT/CING 650!!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    * Thrown from a distance of 50 feet or so and hit a wall
    heh. i'd love to hear the backstory on that one!
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    "Congress 'invested' $6M in Blackberries"....more like Congress spent our money (taxpayers) to give themselves a nice toy.

I'd rather they tackle the tough issues and help us out. Lord knows they don't need another distraction.

Crackberries are wonderful for pure messaging to a corp. email server. But it is just matter of time before Palm and Windows eat that lunch, although RIM will keep trying ahead by selling their server software.

But once (now?) MS give away the server side, it's game over.

I did my analysis and BB (device and service) are way more expensive that alternative. Plus they are less functional compared to Palm and PPC.
    I think the real reason why more congressmen and women will have blackberries is because it is "idiotproof."
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I have both and you need to be more careful with the 650, I wouldn't say "flimsy" is the correct word. However, when it comes to capabilities, the 650 wins hands down.
    The problem here is I think the bigger chunk of the market would rather have a rock solid reliable device that does SMS and email really well. It's kind of like the old Windows vs. Mac argument where people say Windows has one-billion more applications available, the problem being that 900,000 of those are junk.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast