1.    #1  
    Using the Treo 600 in Denmark with great pleasure - it's almost impossible to wait until "early 2005" before the 650 is aviable here. Does any one have experience with 650 with the GSM mode bought f.x. in the US and using them i Europe?
    Please read posts carefully, sorry to say (with all due respect) but this is a stuppido question, GSM model is not even out in the US or anywhere else for that matter, i dont expect to see it in any form before may 2005, looking at the problems with the cdma model from spirit usa now. I may sound skeptical but if you look at the 600 release history it just is realistic.
    Welcome to the TC, Treo Terminator. Please ignore the rude Aux-One, who, I can assure you, is not the typical visitor on this board.

The unlocked Treo 650 GSM model should be available in the U.S. in late December or early January. I am a Sprint CDMA customer, but a friend of mine who has a GSM 600 went to Europe for vacation this past summer and had very little trouble using his unlocked GSM phone with local SIM cards. However, I don't believe that he visited your lovely home country of Denmark.

Good luck.
    Sorry Rome, but my reply was not rude, was not my intention to be, if he would have looked in a post two lines below his, he would have found a reply to his question, secondly your giving him false information, no way the GSM model will be avalible in Jan even, mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aux-One
    secondly your giving him false information, no way the GSM model will be avalible in Jan even, mark my words.
    I don't want to get in the middle of an arguement here (although apparently that's what I'm doing,) howeever I would like to know Aux-One what "reliable" source you can site for your confident prediction that the GSM 650 will NOT be available in January 2005? (I do remember seeing early information about the GSM being available in December through AT&T but with the Cingular acquisition going through and I think based on later announcements from P1, January was the expected target at this point. However I've seen NOTHING to indicate that it will be further delayed past January. It's possible I just missed something, if I did please let me know as I am eagerly awaiting the GSM myself.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Dont know if you remember the release schedule of the 600, but seems to go very very similar now! My grounds are based on that plus the comments of a ceo of p1 gave to the uk press that the gsm model will be around march 2005 for europe, regarding the us unlocked models, i also hope they will be release dec/jan, but since there are lots of issues with the cdma model i think they will first want to fix those before they release it. So yes no hard facts, just experience with cell releases.
    Fair enough, but I do really hope it's January. (I've given up all hope of December and I think I can wait till January. March may be too long for me to wait. On the other there aren't any other phones I want so what choice do I have.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers