1.    #1  
    Has anyone had difficulty setting the "Sounds" for the messaging to be different than the phone--Voice Mail? I have different tones set for each, but when I send myself a SMS/numeric page I get the Voice Mail sound. I really need it to be different and it seems like it should. Any advice?
  2.    #2  
    I didn't get any response from this, and it is still a problem for me, so I am going to be annoying and ask again. As a psychologist, I use the Treo both for voice mails from clients, but also as my pager (via "SMS" when they type in their voice mails). As such, I'd like the two tones to be different so I can tell the difference between when I need to pick up a voice mail and when I need to drop everything and call a client back. Thanks for any help (again I did search for this again before posting and did not find anything).
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    Dana, sorry I cant help as I still have a 600, but it works fine on the 600. Do you have a 650 or a 600? Your original post is from Nov, so I assume you have Sprint version. Anyone else have this issue? Sure would be a bummer if it did not work correctly.
    Carl
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the response. My bad for not stating that I'm working with the Treo 650 and yes, from Sprint. Yes, it would be a bummer if it did not work correctly. As it is now, I have to check whenever my voicemail tone goes off to see if it is a voicemail OR message. Also, I should mention I am using Butler because I need to have the "nag" feature, in case I am ever not right next to my phone I know to check it when I get a call. Thanks.
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    I haven't used Butler since I've not heard good things about it and the 650. But I do know that a message plays the tone set under messaging not the tone under voicemail. Have you tried it with Butler turned off/removed?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680