1.    #1  
    Hello all current 650 users....

I'm still debating whether i should wait for GSM or stick with Sprint. As I'm waiting, I'd appreciate it if I had more pictures of the screen. I'm looking for AT LEAST the following:

(1) side-by-side comparison of a couple (or more) sites on 600 and 650
    (a) w/ Blazer in optimized mode
    (b) w/out Blazer in optimized mode
    (2) side-by-side comparison of a couple (or more) pictures from the cameras
    (a) on the 600's and 650's screens
    (b) as well as the pictures themselves
    (3) various navigation software
    (4) NesEM [whenever the update is released]
    (5) whatever else anybody without a 650 might request and/or anybody with
    a 650 might feel like sharing
    here is one....

the screen makes a world of difference from the 600.... there is no comparison at all....

here is a web browsing shot, and Ms. Pacman running on Xcade....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fikse; 11/26/2004 at 09:09 PM.
  3.    #3  
    PUH-LEEZE, Could somebody with a 600, 650, and a camera please give comparison shots of blazer with 600 against optimized 650 & 600 against non-optimized 650??

This is all I really want...but, other pictures would be very useful for those in waiting or considering the 650. So, if you have the three items mentioned above, in addition to plenty of spare time (which you probably do since you're on treocentral 24/7), help the unfortunate out.

Thanks again.
    I've seen it side by side, and I have stated before that this is the single biggest improvement in usefulness. Web browsing is now feasible. Huge huge difference. That is the primary reason I am keeping the 650 b/c a huge part of its connectivity is "recovered" b/c of the 320x320 screen, which, unquestionably should have been there last year. Just trying to milk us out of our money for a second time. Well, it worked, argh .
    I dont think anyone would still hve service on their 600.

Assuming you have a 600, make a list of websites you want to see. I will photograph them and post them here, and you can compare them to your 600. If you don't have a 600, perhaps we can get someone in the 600 forum to help us with your list? Glad to do my part, but again, I dont think too many 650 users would still have service on their 600's.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
  6.    #6  
    Excellent point GADzilla, didn't think about that at all...

I'd personally like to see slashdot.org and news.google.com myself, but any site will do just fine to compare to my 300 (same screen as 600, but the browsers are slightly different).
    Okay, here ya go. The color came out a bit off, and I couldnt seem to fix it. The blueish haze is NOT how the T650 looks in real life. The whites are truly white (unlike my T600). I just couldnt get it to photograph that way.

Anyway, here's the screen as it comes up naturally and then the top of one story on each of the two pages you asked about. Hope this helps. I'll try to get more accurate color from my camera while you look at these.

Again, these pictures do NOT represent the beauty of this screen's color. I can't figure out how to get the blueish-greenish tint out.
    Last edited by GADzilla; 11/27/2004 at 06:34 PM.
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    By the way, those were in "optimized" mode. there is also "wide" mode where the site appears as it does normally, but some side scrolling is necessary to see full pages. I can take a shot of that if you like.
    Treo 700p on Sprint
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GADzilla
    Okay, here ya go.
    By the way, those were in "optimized" mode. there is also "wide" mode where the site appears as it does normally, but some side scrolling is necessary to see full pages. I can take a shot of that if you like.
    Thanks, GADzilla. You are a GAD!

I don't assume I need to see the "wide" mode since it's just the 160x160 resolution.

-grndslm
  10.    #10  
    Now that I look at the 300's screen, it doesn't seem like the 650 displays any more information than the 160x160 screens. I was assuming there'd be somewhere from 2-4 times as much text, albeit small text, on the screen at any given time. I might have to skip out on this Treo as well...
    There is a setting to use smaller fonts on the 650. It's not on in those shots. However, when it is on, I think you get more like 50% more room in each direction rather than 2x because it still doesn't use the smallest font available.

Edit: It's on in Fikse's first shot. It's not on in GADzilla's shots.
    Exactly. you can scale the font smaller. I keep it at the default size, which seems just perfect to read.
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Now that I look at the 300's screen, it doesn't seem like the 650 displays any more information than the 160x160 screens. I was assuming there'd be somewhere from 2-4 times as much text, albeit small text, on the screen at any given time. I might have to skip out on this Treo as well...
    You can see a lot more when you set it to the small font setting.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Can you please sir.

Thank you
    Here are two samples. Note how you can see a lot more text in a text-dominated page because of the few empty spaces between text blocks (which is less affected by the size of the font).
    Fikse, GADzilla and Silverado,

Thanks so much. I loaded those same pages on my 600, and there is a noticeable difference, particularly on the Slashdot page. Their motto "News for Nerds. Stuff that Matters" is very blocky on the 600. Crystal clear on the 650.