Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 117
  1.    #1  
    I decided to try a 96 bit stream on the 650 and to my surprise it sounds awesome! No buffering/broken streams at all like it did on the 600. I am very impressed.
  2. #2  
    I'm checking that out for the first time tonight -- impressive.
  3. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #3  
    i was saying that in another link. go to www.shoutcast.com and bookmark in blazer browser the 96kbps and below page so u can browe freely.

    i am planning on making a page that rips all that info out and displays it on a plain text page for my own benefit and anyone else who wants a non graphics intensive way without too much extra text to browe via shoutcast!
  4.    #4  
    very cool wahill. i think i will do the same on my own website.

    personally I like the DI streams the most.
  5. #5  
    I just downloaded the PTunes demo and started streaming Radio Paradise - very cool!!!
  6. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #6  
    dont forget NPR!
  7. #7  
    And Air America!
    Every pixel a picasso
  8. #8  
    By the way, in case anyone is interested, I think the latest beta version of pocket tunes lets you stream Live365 streams (www.live365.com). I'm going to try this out as it gives one even more options for streaming music/talk.
  9. #9  
    Wow. I'm registering. Does it work well with T600 as well?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  10. #10  
    Pocket tunes works very well with the Treo600. You should have no problem using the shoutcast streams (just make sure the bitrate isn't too high).
  11. #11  
    Does one need Pocket Tunes Delux to be able to use the streaming audio then?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    Does one need Pocket Tunes Delux to be able to use the streaming audio then?
    Yes
  13. pdadoc's Avatar
    Posts
    407 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #13  
    A question regarding Air America, since it was mentioned above. I know there's one station in Shoutcast that gets it (WKIZ), but much of the time this Flordia station has Latin music or a Spanish talk show instead. Does anyone know of a way to get Air America more consistently using Shoutcast, or anything else, with Pocket Tunes Deluxe?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    A question regarding Air America, since it was mentioned above. I know there's one station in Shoutcast that gets it (WKIZ), but much of the time this Flordia station has Latin music or a Spanish talk show instead. Does anyone know of a way to get Air America more consistently using Shoutcast, or anything else, with Pocket Tunes Deluxe?
    Can the RealPlayer that comes with the 650 stream music/content? I know the Air America streams directly from the their site using Real or Media Player. I have not found an Air America Shoutcast feed, but if anyone knows of one, please post the link. I would love to listen while at work since I listen on XM in the car.
  15. #15  
    Is there a way to play Windows Media streams? Particularly this one...

    http://release.theplatform.com/conte...erName=radioio
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols
    Can the RealPlayer that comes with the 650 stream music/content? I know the Air America streams directly from the their site using Real or Media Player. I have not found an Air America Shoutcast feed, but if anyone knows of one, please post the link. I would love to listen while at work since I listen on XM in the car.
    I specifically searched the treo 650 manual for that feature, and there is no reference to streaming. Pages 92-98 deal with Realplayer specifically, so there's a fair amount of detail in the manual.

    People with a 650 in hand may be able to tell you differently, but I think streaming is not an option with RealPlayer. I purchased PTunes deluxe about a year ago, and it's been great.

    Clue
  17. #17  
    PocketTunes does play RealPlayer streams. And in my post above about Radioio, I just played the realplayer version and everything is cool. I can play up to 96K streams but not 128K.

    http://www.searchplay.com/radioioAmbient/med.m3u
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    PocketTunes does play RealPlayer streams. And in my post above about Radioio, I just played the realplayer version and everything is cool. I can play up to 96K streams but not 128K.

    http://www.searchplay.com/radioioAmbient/med.m3u
    I have to remember this link for when I want to sleep.

    That guy and the music is soooooooooooo dry.
  19. #19  
    I can play 128kb streams in the San Francisco bay area. Right now I'm in Minneapolis and 128kb won't play. Seems like sprint has upgraded their network in the bay area.
  20. #20  
    I have a new Treo 650 with a registered version of Pocket Tunes. The Treo 650 will NOT allow me to turn the screen off while playing music through Pocket Tunes. This is very frustrating. Anyone else encounter this? Any solutions?

    estwd
    estwd

    I never make mistakes; I once thought I did but I was wrong.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions