Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDuc
    Gloonet is another nice (free) music server application. It also allows you to use your home computer as a photo server.
    Yes, I think Gloonet is GREAT. Very easy to set up, clean Web interface that is also very nice looking on a Treo. Unfortunately for me I don't think it had the option to specify a listening port (unfortunate because I only have a few specific ones available to me on the t-zones plan). For anyone not on that plan Gloonet is definitely an awesome streaming option from your machine.
    Does gloonet have a delay in broadcasting? Shoutcast does have such a delay so when you switch songs it takes a bit for them to actually switch.

The higher the bitrate - the less the delay - which makes low bitrate treo streams kinda annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    Does gloonet have a delay in broadcasting? Shoutcast does have such a delay so when you switch songs it takes a bit for them to actually switch.

The higher the bitrate - the less the delay - which makes low bitrate treo streams kinda annoying.
    It's been a bit since I've used Gloonet, but from what I remember there is a small delay when accessed via PC. Hadn't used it on the Treo though since I could not designate a port on it for use with t-zones. Anyway, I imagine the delay would be a bit similar to Shoutcast if you don't have a fast data plan.
    There is a buffering delay, but it doesn't really bother me. If you select a play list you can't even tell between songs.
    I sure wish the pockettunes folks would add aacPlus support so that I can stream the aacPlus streams from somafm.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by swinokur
    I sure wish the pockettunes folks would add aacPlus support so that I can stream the aacPlus streams from somafm.com.
    Hopefully they are reading this post and add it.
    the buffering delay aint bad. shoutcast has a different delay though. like, what you're listening to is what winamp was playing a minute or two ago. it makes realtime song switching impossible.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swinokur
    Since Winamp now supports aacPlus, you'd think they'd follow suit. I'm hoping. Supposedly excellent sound quality at lower bitrates... just what we could use
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I don't get any buffering delays anymore. I can play 128kps without any problem.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    I jsut found this thread and absolutely cannot believe that I am listening to all the incredible music over the internet on my phone. So great.

So I went down the hall to show my new capability to a co-worker. Not wanting to play music all the way down the hall, I muted the phone, and a few seconds late the screen went black. I THOUGHT that I had lost the connection, and would have to re-estblish it. but NO! I turned the sound stich back on and BAM--instant music.

My dumb question...is how do I turn it off? I "disconnected" blazer, but it just re-dailed in ans the music started again a few seconds later ! What silly, stupid little option or switch am I not seeing!??

RadioParadise is amazing. This blows satellite away. How Do I get Howard on this puppy!??
    Open pTunes. Hit the center button to pause. Quit pTunes.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Nope--that does not disconnect the internet connection. After hitting pause and quitting P-tunes, I called my phone, and it went straight into voice mail. I verified that the connection is still active 10 minutes later by using Treohelper--which indicates a GetPhonecallStatus of 00000010.

The only way I can make the internet connection disconnect is to "un"check play in background, which is not a very elegant option.

How are you all breaking the internet connection?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I'm not. If I stop ptunes, I get calls. If its running, I get vm. Have you emailed normsoft tech support? They're pretty responsive. Please keep us updated if you resolve this.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edelweiss
    Nope--that does not disconnect the internet connection. After hitting pause and quitting P-tunes, I called my phone, and it went straight into voice mail. I verified that the connection is still active 10 minutes later by using Treohelper--which indicates a GetPhonecallStatus of 00000010.

The only way I can make the internet connection disconnect is to "un"check play in background, which is not a very elegant option.

How are you all breaking the internet connection?
    I have to hit stop, pause keeps streaming for me.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    I don't get any buffering delays anymore. I can play 128kps without any problem.
    Wow. What did you do to fix the buffering? Are you on Sprint?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I get buffering on 128 on Sprint
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    After a brief disappearance, WCPT (Chicago's Progressive Talk) IS Air America. On Shoutcast either online or from your handheld web browser, search for "WCPT" and it should come up. Tap "Tune In" and open Pocket Tunes when prompted.

Bingo!

I can finally listen to Randi Rhodes again on my Treo!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456