Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by bke808
    Well, I have since poked around shoutcast a little more and found a couple of 64kb streams that work without issue. I wonder why the 56kb stream I was listening to before is causing so much trouble?

I really wish I could get this particular stream working properly. Anyone have any ideas?
    What stream is it?
    i am trying to download playlists to my SD card from shoutcast but when i try to open them in ptunes, the Blazer folder is empty what version is everyone using? i have ptunes deluxe 2.1b3.
    What stream is it?

http://jaxed.dyndns.org:8000/
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    hehe thats what i do. some people freak out when i tell them i am accessing my playlist from my car.
    not bashing or anything but you can get a cd/mp3 player for your car. burn those mp3s. you'll be saving battery life on the treo (unless you have a car charger) and wont run into dead zones where the treo loses connection.

in any case. this is a GREAT idea and i will be doing it .. when i am not in my car.. listening to the same cd i burned with 100mp3s... damn that can get boring. ok ok this is a brilliant idea. lol

i am only curious how hard is this gonna hit thebattery life if i am at the beach or whatever?

also, anyone recommend any good headphones or will any earphones work?
    "sometimes i cut myself to relieve the pain. tehehe." --Toot Braunstein-->drawn together
    battery life with screen off. anybody ?
    "sometimes i cut myself to relieve the pain. tehehe." --Toot Braunstein-->drawn together
    OK I have a question, when I type or click any of the link that end with pls in blazer it offers to download it? I cannot play it once it is downloaded, Pt does not see it and neither does RP, help please
    Treoing & Loving it
    How do you get NPR? I didn't see that on shoutcast?

NPR would be very cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by HARJman
    How do you get NPR? I didn't see that on shoutcast?
    HarJman, just type NPR in the Search for field at www.shoutcast.com, you'll see quite a few NPR feeds....

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    sorry to ask again, i'm just frustrated that i can't get it to work...how the hek do you guys download a shoutcast playlist from blazer to the sd card and play it in ptunes? i'm looking in the blazer folder and ptunes doesn't see the downloaded .pls files but if i look in filez, they really are there
    I had smilar problems to the ones described above I have since moved ptunes deluxe and when prompted to save links by blazer I picked pocket tunes instead of sd card. that seems to have helped
    Treoing & Loving it
    you moved ptunes where?
    by the way, I didn't know you can run ptunes and surf on blazer at the same time. very nice! what deluxe version allows to play .pls files from the SD card?
    Last edited by treolady; 12/23/2004 at 11:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treolady
    sorry to ask again, i'm just frustrated that i can't get it to work...how the hek do you guys download a shoutcast playlist from blazer to the sd card and play it in ptunes? i'm looking in the blazer folder and ptunes doesn't see the downloaded .pls files but if i look in filez, they really are there
    I had the same problem, but didn't really care since the files are so small. But I did find a workaround after you brought it up. If you use a card reader, open the pls file in winamp on your pc, save the playlist to your card as a .m3u file. Then you should be able to open it in ptunes when you go to playlists on your card. If you don't have winamp, it is free and can be downloaded from a variety of places on the net.
    Oh, and I just found out last night that shoutcast has espn and sporting news radio feeds, for you sports talk fans out there. I had not looked through stations in shoutcast before, but these are two feeds I will definitely use very often.
    Quote Originally Posted by treolady
    what deluxe version allows to play .pls files from the SD card?
    Hi treolady, I don't think you can run a ShoutCast .pls playlist from a card.

I found this in a Pocket Tunes knowledge base article:

"The easiest way to listen to ShoutCast stations is to visit www.shoutcast.com on your handheld's web browser. Look for a station that you want to listen to, and tap the "Tune In" button. Your handheld may ask you if you wish to Open or Save the file; pick "Open". It may also ask you if you want to accept the file; select Yes. Pocket Tunes will then load the station and start playing it right away. WebPro users should use the "save" option. Be sure to "save" to internal memory, rather than the card. The stream is not saved, just the URL."

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Does anyone have new links to Treo Type Shoutcast stations?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nswenson
    I can play 128kb streams in the San Francisco bay area. Right now I'm in Minneapolis and 128kb won't play. Seems like sprint has upgraded their network in the bay area.

I'm in Minneapolis and can't play even 96k
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Downloaded PT Deluxe, opened Shoutcast on the 650 and began playing immediately. However, lots of breakups in pretty good quality sound--what determines how much it breaks up? I listened from 56-128 and they all seem to break up the same amount-any secrets to settings that mimimize breaking up? Thanks
    Imagine the suprise of the motorcycle cop in front of me when my car rolled up blairing Police, Fire, and EMT scanner streams from my Treo via the stereo. Sounded like I was the cop car.

Yeah, and be careful how much you stream. I do it occasionally but not for long. I suspect those of you who do it all day for a month will be left with melted Treos and interesting letters from Sprint asking you to save some of the bandwith for our phone calls, it is a phone you know...
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    its also unlimitted data we are paying for.

and you should stream a the lower speeds. 28.8 is best
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast