Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamhgreen
    And Air America!
    Could you post or send the Air America link?
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Anyone get Window Media streaming to work? WMP sounds great with 64K streams
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by estwd
    I have a new Treo 650 with a registered version of Pocket Tunes. The Treo 650 will NOT allow me to turn the screen off while playing music through Pocket Tunes. This is very frustrating. Anyone else encounter this? Any solutions?

estwd

I'm not sure why, but this happens on my 600 as well. I think they are aware of this problem, because there is a menu option in Ptunes (menu-c i think) to turn off the screen. Not the best solution, but it works for me!

Regards,
    Flaquito
    Bummer, are all 96K streams mono? I can't find any stereo streams under 128K. Would be nice if PocketTunes supported Windows Media. 64K stereo streams sound great. Any WMA players out there that does streams?
    pockettunes has been notified and I believe they are working on some good upgrades with their next ver.
    I just emailed them and said I'd buy if Ptunes supported WMA streams. Lots of WMA 64K streams are in stereo.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    i was saying that in another link. go to www.shoutcast.com and bookmark in blazer browser the 96kbps and below page so u can browe freely.
    Like this?
    http://shoutcast.com/directory/?maxbitrate=96
    Or is there another page?

i am planning on making a page that rips all that info out and displays it on a plain text page for my own benefit and anyone else who wants a non graphics intensive way without too much extra text to browe via shoutcast!
    that would be awesome, I for one would appreciate a clean and easy Treo-friendly page for the best Shoutcast streams.

Would also like direct URLs for Air America and NPR Talkif you've got 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    that would be awesome, I for one would appreciate a clean and easy Treo-friendly page for the best Shoutcast streams.

Would also like direct URLs for Air America and NPR Talkif you've got 'em.
    I've been using this Treobits mobile page for a while, and it seems to work well for me. In case anyone is not aware of this, you can check the links out on the blazer browser and when you open them they will play in pocket tunes.

http://mobile.treobits.com/index.php?ind=shoutcast
    i am planning on making a page that rips all that info out and displays it on a plain text page for my own benefit and anyone else who wants a non graphics intensive way without too much extra text to browe via shoutcast!
    Over at TreoBits http://mobile.treobits.com/index.php?ind=shoutcast we already have a dedicated shoutcast page thats searchable. We have both a desktop and mobile version.

Check it out and enjoy

www.treobits.com
    Treo 600 friendly website with Ringtones, Shoutcast Feeds and more...
    Instead of storing music on SD cards, I'm going to attempt setting up a ShoutCast server on my PC and see if I can access my 60GB of music via the Treo.

Free Shoutcast server...

http://www.download.com/Shoutcast-Se...ml?tag=lst-0-1
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    hehe thats what i do. some people freak out when i tell them i am accessing my playlist from my car. now if only there was a way to set up a connection with a limit of 1 and allow Skipping and selecting, that would be the ultimate.
    when high band finally makes it to mobiles, iPods, XM and Sirius are gonna get a real run for their money when this happens....they will have to jump on the mobile wireless streaming bandwagon and be competitive to stay in the market.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    ooh thats cool awesome! i didnt know this already existed...excelllent...
    i would love to see a sort by bit rate and a Drum & Bass section in there!!!! good job though!

however just wanted to mention i think someone nuked your sc.php on accident cuz its not there when i go to search.

Not Found
    The requested URL /sc.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Instead of storing music on SD cards, I'm going to attempt setting up a ShoutCast server on my PC and see if I can access my 60GB of music via the Treo.

Free Shoutcast server...

http://www.download.com/Shoutcast-Se...ml?tag=lst-0-1
  13.    #34  
    I love the design of the Treobits page, but since the Treo 650 sounds great with 56 & even 96 bit streams, it would be nice to see these options. Beggers can't be choosers though! I need to get off my duff and set up my own site.
    I love those shoutcast links over at treobits but now that our new Treo 650 can stream up to 96k music can whoever runs that site include those streams as well in the list? much appreciation
  15.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I love those shoutcast links over at treobits but now that our new Treo 650 can stream up to 96k music can whoever runs that site include those streams as well in the list? much appreciation
    LOL, great minds think alike...
    Is there any way to play mp3 files directly - that is, not using any particular streaming protocol? On my desktop machine, I can point winamp at an http link to an mp3 file and it will start playing it, and I'd like to do something similar on my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory J
    I love the design of the Treobits page, but since the Treo 650 sounds great with 56 & even 96 bit streams, it would be nice to see these options. Beggers can't be choosers though! I need to get off my duff and set up my own site.
    Our bitrate current goes up to 56, but in my test using the Treo 650, 96 and 128 bitrates were not reliable. If we get enough interest, we can add higher bitrates, but I think it's the exception rather than the norm that some streams work better than others.

www.treobits.com
    Treo 600 friendly website with Ringtones, Shoutcast Feeds and more...
  18.    #39  
    Actually I discovered the 56k streams sounds just as good at the 96k, so thanks

RFS13: It either has to stream or reside on your SD card. Otherwise the Treo will attempt to download the mp3 to the handheld, which most likely will be to big.
    If someone tries to call you while you are listening to a stream, won't they go right to message? Aren't you tying your phone up when you listen a stream?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast