Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a way to edit the Sprint banner at the top of the dialer in the phone mode?

Thank you
    Bump I would like to know as well
    I don't even think this was ever accomplished on the Treo 600.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3
    I don't even think this was ever accomplished on the Treo 600.
    It could be done on the 600 at a Sprint Store using their PST software. That being said, I'm sure it could be done at home with a serial cable and the Kyocera PST software we used to convert setting and convert to Verizon. I don't know about the 650 since I don't have one in my hands yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinnaker
    Does anyone know of a way to edit the Sprint banner at the top of the dialer in the phone mode?

Thank you
    I understand the question but what is the purpose? Just curious.

Eric
    I was able to do this (not intentionally) after installing the treo button manager and a set of dial pads. The "banner" was completely different and just said the word "Treo" on it. I didn't really like the dial pad thing so I uninstalled it and after a soft reset I was back to the standard Sprint banner. This was not an option discussed in the thread or a setting in the button manager as far as I could see. I'm only assuming this is what caused it YMMV.

This thread (although long) has all of the information you need.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...button+manager
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    I understand the question but what is the purpose? Just curious.

Eric
    1. To be custom
    2. To note it's yours
    3. Becasue we can
    4. Not to give Sprint free advertisment, some people even remove the Sprint logo from the chasis too.
    5. Nothing better to do ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    1. To be custom
    2. To note it's yours
    3. Becasue we can
    4. Not to give Sprint free advertisment, some people even remove the Sprint logo from the chasis too.
    5. Nothing better to do ?
    I was simply asking man. My old Sprint Samsung I300 and 330 both allowed you to simply type in what you wanted to display. Was pretty cool. I never get wrapped around the axle about the advertisement, who really cares? First, who gets close enough to see the sprint thing on your screen? Second, anyone that sees your cool phones says "Hey, where did you get that?" and you promptly reply "It's the new Sprint Treo 650!". Sounds like your number 5 is really the point

Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    I was simply asking man. My old Sprint Samsung I300 and 330 both allowed you to simply type in what you wanted to display. Was pretty cool. I never get wrapped around the axle about the advertisement, who really cares? First, who gets close enough to see the sprint thing on your screen? Second, anyone that sees your cool phones says "Hey, where did you get that?" and you promptly reply "It's the new Sprint Treo 650!". Sounds like your number 5 is really the point

Eric
    Don't take it as a sarcastic responce, you asked why and I gave some reasons based on the people that wanted the same for the 600.I think #5 is the last least likly reasons IMHO, I would assume to be custom is #1, then not to give probs to the carrier becasue they may have a personal beef with said carrier? It's all good.....
    In using BitPim which phone did u say you were using?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    but you still have that huge sprint logo on top...
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    justin801.....
    how about posting how you did it.......
    we'd be quite thankful......

jc
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    i would like to know too!

By the way acetone will take the sprint logo on the phone right off!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske

With the paint too?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoFever
    In using BitPim which phone did u say you were using?

I agree. What phone did you say you used? Treo's are not on the selection list.
    I guess he wont tell us how ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    i would like to know too!

Your kidding right? If your not, does that rubb off some of the paint on the phone itself?
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Come on Justin................let us know how.....

JC
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Has anyone discovered how to do this yet?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast