Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    The D2G on the 650 install CD is v7.000. You can get an upgrade to v7.002 by going to the Davaviz Support page. You can further upgrade that to v7.003 by following post #6 in this thread. Then using the "Dataviz Tech Tool" you move all the D2G stuff to an SD card and free up ~4.4M. That's the order I did 'em in, YMMV.

ERic
    Thanks for the update. Here is the link below to download the file directly.

http://download.dataviz.com/support/...togo7patch.prc
    Does Docs to go 7.0 work on the T600 as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Does Docs to go 7.0 work on the T600 as well?
    I have v7.003 on my T600, works great.

CGordonn
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    after I run the update and the tech tool, do I delete them? Just want to make sure
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    The tech tool .prc is only 37K, so it's no big deal to leave that one in memory. It could prove useful if you want to move things back and forth later. Like it or not, I think we're all Beta testers for this new 650.

You shouldn't need the update.prc anymore... but I did. Here's why, maybe others will learn from it. I used the tech tool to move D2G to one of my two SD cards, now it no longer lives in RAM. When I synchronized the 650 and had the other SD card installed HotSync noticed D2G was missing and decided to re-install some of the apps from my Backup folder (these happened to be 7.002, not 7.003). Later, with my D2G app SD installed, I noticed the decreased RAM (from the HotSync backup install) and used tech tool to move files to SD again. When prompted to overwrite what was on the card I said "yes". [This just overwrote 7.003 files with 7.002 files.] When I next fired up D2G it complained about an old version.

So I guess the moral of the story is if you're gonna use multiple SD cards make sure your HotSync backups are 7.003, and/or don't overwrite what's on the SD card when using the tech tool.

ERic
    Last edited by ERicJ; 02/10/2005 at 02:20 AM.
    Interesting. I Installed and synched DTG 7 on my T600 and it says this version doesn't work with my T600. Here's my scenario...

I previously had the free DTG reader on my T600. I managed to get a copy of the new Palm Desktop 4.14/T650 CD-ROM and installed the DTG software to my laptop. Then I synched the DTG 7 to my T600, most likely over-riding the free DTG reader.

After the synching process, I tried to launch the DTG 7, that's when I got the incompatability message.

Should I delete DTG 7 from my T600, reset my palm, then resynch DTG 7 from my laptop? Any other ideas I missed?

P.S. A month a go, I scored DataViz Office to Go 6 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) for $9.90 at Staples--clearance!--$
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    The tech tool .prc is only 37K, so it's no big deal to leave that one in memory. It could prove useful if you want to move things back and forth later. Like it or not, I think we're all Beta testers for this new 650.
    ERic
    If you are going to stick with one SD card and internal RAM is at a premium, you can move the Tech Tool to the SD card and it will still work. That is where I have it on my 600 and it works fine.
    Jeff
    I used the tool to move the apps and thus freed up a bunch of space. However as soon as I use 'Documents' to open an Office file (resident on the SD card), the app used to open that file (in this case, Word to Go), gets loaded and takes up space in my internal memory. I have to run the tool again to gain my space back. Is this normal?
    -----------------------------
    Treo 650 rocks!

Get a FREE iPod Photo! Use the URL below:

Free iPod! Click Here!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    See posts #15-20 in this thread.