View Poll Results: What would be the ideal memory size on the Treo 650?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • 32mb at $599

1 3.13%
  • 64mb at $614

7 21.88%
  • 96mb at $629

0 0%
  • 128mb at $644

8 25.00%
  • 160mb at $659

0 0%
  • 192mb at $674

0 0%
  • 224mb at $689

0 0%
  • 256mb at $699

16 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Let’s petition PalmOne to make a 256mb Treo called the Treo 655. If PalmOne could make a camera-less Treo 600 for the customers that griped about the camera, than PalmOne may also fix the memory issue - not by offering a free 128 SD card - but by selling a 256mb Treo model to those customers who are willing to pay for such.

- Who is with me? Let’s get some excitement going about this request! You know: “Me!”, “Heck yeah!”, and so forth.

========
    I have now added a poll (didn't know this option existed before ).
    Please cast your vote. The $599 price is before carrier and vendor rebates.
    Last edited by u_m_rasmussen; 11/28/2004 at 05:08 AM.
    Why should they do such a thing?

They have already accomplished the PRPRPR-$counterstrike$ $that$ $they$ $wanted$ $to$ $execute$ $by$ $offering$ $a$ $Real$ $Soon$ $Now$ $fix$ $and$ $an$ $SD$ $card$ $they$'$re$ $already$ $giving$ $away$ $to$ $PDA$ $buyers$ ($NOT$ $for$ $bug$ $compensation$).

It does them no good to continue to acknowledge the problem nor to offer something special.
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 11/26/2004 at 02:47 PM. Reason: typo fix
  3.    #3  
    Eh, Seldom, not really the kind excitement I was looking for.

I know, you think a company is better of silencing the critisism. But I say that PalmOne should look at the gripes regarding the memory issue as a business opportunity. It seems that quite a few Treo users are so scared of not having enough memory that they may be willing to pay for more.

The Treo is a business PDA, and business PDAs from PalmOne have for quite some time now been offering more than 32mb. The latest has 256mb. It seemed good business to PalmOne to offer more memory on Tungsten model - maybe it is also good business to offer a model with more memory to the Treo user base. Capisc?
    Last edited by u_m_rasmussen; 11/27/2004 at 05:14 AM.
    for being a seldomvisitor, you sure visit frequently....
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisL77
    for being a seldomvisitor, you sure visit frequently....
    You are SO original.

Bet you're proud of your contributing post, eh?

Damn! I'm fully impressed!

[go here:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/search.php?

and type in "frequentvisitor" for the search string...]
  6.    #6  
    Yo people! Please overlook the CrankyVisitor in my thread, and instead post your excitement about a 256mb Treo655!
    Giggle.
    I would like a Treo with 64-256MB of *REAL* RAM. Forget that NVFS crap.
    Giggle.

Okay moderators - let's see you do your thing - okay?

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=61778
    Last edited by MarkEagle; 11/26/2004 at 07:25 PM. Reason: quote removed
    Give me a break on this stuff(P1 owes us something more!) I have the 650, and it is tons better than the 600. I have every program that I had on the 600 and more on my 650, and I have more space left on my 650(12.6mb) than I had on my 600(6.3mb). Now granted, I am using Zlauncher, but come to find out, its an amazing program! Its has tons more features than just running programs from the card. I was frustrated at palm for shipping out others phones before me (ordered 11/9) but they are going to fix the memory problem, and give us a 128mb card! Get over it! Lets still be friends though.............. :-)

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by u_m_rasmussen
    Let’s petition PalmOne to make a 256mb Treo called the Treo 655. If PalmOne could make a camera-less Treo 600 for those customers that griped about the camera, than PalmOne may also fix the memory issue - not by offering a free 128 SD card - but by selling a 256mb Treo model to those customers who are willing to pay for such.

- Who is with me? Let’s get some excitement going about this request! You know: “Me!”, “Heck yeah!”, and so forth.
    256 megs is for wusses. palmone MUST release the treo 7700 ASAP.

1600x1200 screen res
    6 gigabytes ram
    athlon 64 4000+ processor
    802.11g+
    DVD dual-layer rewritable
    direct neural connection to brain
    tinfoil hat included free
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by u_m_rasmussen
    Let’s petition PalmOne to make a 256mb Treo called the Treo 655. If PalmOne could make a camera-less Treo 600 for those customers that griped about the camera, than PalmOne may also fix the memory issue - not by offering a free 128 SD card - but by selling a 256mb Treo model to those customers who are willing to pay for such.

Talk about being greedy
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    You are SO original.

Bet you're proud of your contributing post, eh?

Damn! I'm fully impressed!

[go here:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/search.php?

and type in "frequentvisitor" for the search string...]

Did I make you angry? How bout I give you 3 gold stars? Will that make you feel better?

back on topic.... It would be nice if a 256mb Treo was available to those who are willing to pay extra. How much more could it cost? $50 - 100?
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisL77
    Did I make you angry? How bout I give you 3 gold stars? Will that make you feel better?

back on topic.... It would be nice if a 256mb Treo was available to those who are willing to pay extra. How much more could it cost? $50 - 100?
    Maybe P1 should follow the Dell strategy and let the CUSTOMER decide by offering some limited choice on Memory, Processor, etc.

HI - 256MB
    MID - 64MB
    LOW - 32MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko
    Maybe P1 should follow the Dell strategy and let the CUSTOMER decide by offering some limited choice on Memory, Processor, etc.

HI - 256MB
    MID - 64MB
    LOW - 32MB
    Thats great for PDAs, but try getting a carrier such as Sprint to pickup all three phones.
    Very good point. How about a removable *REAL RAM* Memory chip that you can plug and play and P1 could sell you an upgraded RAM chip?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    why 256, why not aim for 512? i think you see the problem from just looking at posts here. no matter how high they go, it would never be enough for everyone. eventually people would be demanding 2gb cards. not to mention the amount of money they are about to dole out on the even the relatively cheap 128mb card. Frankly they could have just gone with the ROM upgrade and not offered a card period. suggest people take it and call it a day.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    Free 128MB Memory Card with Zire 72 handheld!
    Free 128MB Memory Card with Tungsten C handheld!
    Free 128MB Memory Card with Tungsten E handheld!

http://store.palmone.com/product/ind...ductId=1438326
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    256 megs is for wusses. palmone MUST release the treo 7700 ASAP.

1600x1200 screen res
    6 gigabytes ram
    athlon 64 4000+ processor
    802.11g+
    DVD dual-layer rewritable
    direct neural connection to brain
    tinfoil hat included free
    Good comedy, but I don't think there is a Palm device with any of those (plus I don't think AMD makes a 4000+ yet, but I could be wrong). 256MBs is available in a device made by PalmOne. I don't see the request as unreasonable as long as Palm can price it at such a point that they can sell enough for them to make it worth their while.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    Thats great for PDAs, but try getting a carrier such as Sprint to pickup all three phones.
    Sprint carried two different Treo 600s. The standard one with a camera and a special one for picky business users that wanted a Treo 600 that could not take pictures. It seems Sprint or at least somebody was able to force PalmOne to make the second, camera-less, version of the Treo 600.

Moreover, the Treo is being marketed as a business user’s PDA (“power user” according to SeldomVisitor) in magazines and airport advertisements. PalmOne’s latest Tungsten business PDA was given 256Mb, previous Tungstens have had more than 32mb for a long time now.

However, I am not greedy, a 128 Mb Treo 655 is perfectly fine with me. But 24mb is just too small for a mobile device all-in-wonder that is supposed to even fit the bill as a laptop replacement for some mobile professionals. These customers need to be able to run many different kinds of software and not having to resort to “new ROM update is on the way!”, third-party launcher software or memory manager software.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast