Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PayDay99
    mharpen, my first 650 was good in every way except for the camera, which for me is a must have (I unexpectedly found I used the 600 cam alot sightseeing, hikes, etc.). Anyway, the pictures were consistently blurry on the left hand 1/3 of the image. I got another 650 and the pictures are a bit better, but in general, I have some 600 images that are much better that the 650 images. The 650 does do better in low light, but it is not the improvement I was expecting.

However, the 650 is better in every other way than the 600, except for the manuf. quality issues apparent with the sound qual., "p" key, etc. However, just for the screen resolution, I could never go back to the 600.
    Hi PayDay99, I'm reviving this thread because I just got a new Treo 650. However, I seem to be having the same issues with the camera that you seem to be having. The images are blurry on the left side. Mostly at farther distances. Up close, it seems to work; I guess the focus is set too close.

Here are some samples: http://public.fotki.com/Batcave/day_by_day/

The first two are from my Treo 600, but the rest are from my Treo 650.

How did you get the issue resolve? A new Treo 650?

Thanks for your help!
    Is there a solution? I find the camera average... the camera on my 6230b was NICE... very sharp photos...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Unfortunately not. I sent back my first one and got a new one that was a bit better, but still not as good as the 600 camera in my estimation.

It's particularly disappointing because I got the 650 just for the "better" camera. However, I've found that all-around, I like it better than the 600. Just not for the camera.
    just fyi..not all camera on the 650 are adjusted the same..my first one was sharper than 3 other replacement I received..i ended up taking the camera off the first phone n swapped it with one of the replacements. There is a way to adjust it but it requires you open up the phone to access the camera. I normally don't recommend this if you don't know what you're doing. I've never done it myself either. Your best bet is keep exchanging till you get the one you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by PayDay99
    Unfortunately not. I sent back my first one and got a new one that was a bit better, but still not as good as the 600 camera in my estimation.

It's particularly disappointing because I got the 650 just for the "better" camera. However, I've found that all-around, I like it better than the 600. Just not for the camera.

My wife and I have 650s and she uses her November 2004 650 as the sole digital camera in her very successful business. The pictures are more than acceptable considering sunlight can have a dramatic effect on your pictures. Bright, clear sunlight has a negative effect and some clouds has the best effect.

Lately, she has been using my (4th) January 2006 650 as the pics are just a bit more brilliant. We are swapping phones so she can use it for her business. The blue Coach she took with my 650, the rest with hers.

I've attached a few pics she has taken.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    Get a real camera, seriously.. Unless you are uploading them immediately or something. 650 shots look awful, period. If you don't think so I suspect you have never even used even a daft point and shoot camera.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12