1.    #1  
    I recently upgraded from the Tungsten W to the Treo 650 and everything seems pretty great, but one thing i cannot figure out is how to do the command slash...

Anyone care to help?
    Go to page 42 and 43 of the manual and you will see all the additional letters and symbols that are available using the Alt key.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
  3.    #3  
    I looked there, and either I didn't quite comprehend or it isn't what I'm looking for. I see that / + alt will pop up a menu where one item is the command slash - however, if I'm in, for example, a password entry field for a website and want to paste (command / + p) my password in there, it doesn't work.

So perhaps I guess my real question is, how can I use shortcut keys to do a paste?
    In my experience so far password fields open up a seperate text window to type it in, so it should work okay. Other than that, I'm not sure.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    Have you tried the menu button? I believe that will work for the slash shortcuts.
    yep! you push "menu C" or "menu P" for copy and paste if you look when you push menu, you will see the letter for each /shortcut
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    yep! you push "menu C" or "menu P" for copy and paste if you look when you push menu, you will see the letter for each /shortcut
    I think that's assuming that the command is available in the current program's menu. That'll be the case 99% of the time. Also note, you don't have to "see" the specific menu option to use the command (i.e., if you know the command letter, just press menu key then letter).

Also, FYI, Treo Butler has a "Shift + Menu -> Command" option under the "Misc" section. With this enabled, shift+menu key will pop up the familiar command bar (sometimes messes up the screen a bit...but has worked fine for me).
    Press and hold the menu button gives the traditional command line at the bottom of the screen. Hope that helps.
    3x5cards, 2cans, string->Pilot->Palm V-> Palm Vx-> Sony SJ30(a weak moment on ebay)->TungstenT-> Treo600-> Treo650-> Treo700p-> Treo755p
    Quote Originally Posted by markatdvcrc
    Press and hold the menu button gives the traditional command line at the bottom of the screen. Hope that helps.
    Only if you have TreoButler will that pull up the Command Bar I believe.
    Are you running Butler?
    Down the road, perhaps Rob may add the Command Bar to the right shift key too (as a choice), that would be nice, no opt+menu, no hold menu, just press the button and BAM...
    I think he is so backed up right now, that is very low on his list though..
    No, I don't believe you have to have TreoButler for this to work. If you hold down the menu button and at the same time push the letter that goes with the Command Slash, that works (at least it does on mine). I had the same question but found the answer in the manual (actually on the "Tips and Shortcuts" card on the first page, back side under "Menu items".).
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    No, I don't believe you have to have TreoButler for this to work. If you hold down the menu button and at the same time push the letter that goes with the Command Slash, that works (at least it does on mine). I had the same question but found the answer in the manual (actually on the "Tips and Shortcuts" card on the first page, back side under "Menu items".).
    I thought we were discusing the command bar, he said it is at the bottom of the screen and that is where is goes normaly. press menu then C should do the same as hold menu and press C, I believe.
    I've looked for it off and on myself, have just been using "Graffiti Anywhere" and using the "forward slash" to access the command bar. I get the impression that it's so hard to find because someone threw out this command the same time they decided that nobody will ever need grafitti if you have a qwerty keyboard. As many Palm features as well as a lot of system enhancements use that bar, it's a bit annoying that the "forward slash" command was suddenly dumped or extremely hidden.

If Treo Butler offers a fix for this oversight, I guess that alone makes it worth 6 bucks....?
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  13.    #13  
    Sweet - thanks everyone for all the help.

The key for me was the TreoButler->Misc->Menu Hold->Command Button toggle.

Very very cool. In a related note, it seems the password entry field in Blazer only shows the first 30 characters of a password - however, if your password is longer, it will take the entry, it just won't show the chacters past the first 30.

And yeah, I realize I may be the only 650 user that this might apply to

Time to go register TreoButler - between this and the turn off the Led feature, it's easily worth the $.
    Zlauncher has a Command bar option as part of the Quicklaunch extensions.