1.    #1  
    Anyone tried the Logitech Mobile Freedom headset? Seems to get reasonably good reviews. I'm trying to decide between this Logitech and the Motorola HS850.

Thanks.
    no but i just ordered one from onsale.com for $43.39 w/ca sales tax. glad i read the reviews on the jawbra bt250 here first. based on the reviews on the logitech headset from a google search, i figured it was worth being a guinea pig in using it withh my 650 that's also on order.
    I just ordered the sonyericsson hbh660 which has a led display... according to sony works with any bluetooth technology...who know if it does not work I will send it back, I am defintly pm on a mission to find the most compatible headset out there...I am trying also to order hbh 35 also by sony... according to p1 it is one of the headset that are supported... keep you posted on the testing as I go
    Quote Originally Posted by pixhershko
    I just ordered the sonyericsson hbh660 which has a led display... according to sony works with any bluetooth technology...who know if it does not work I will send it back, I am defintly pm on a mission to find the most compatible headset out there...I am trying also to order hbh 35 also by sony... according to p1 it is one of the headset that are supported... keep you posted on the testing as I go

Please let us know how the 660 works. I amd curious....been trying to find a decent BT headset since they came out.
    so here is the report on hbh-660 ( please excuse the spelling mistakes english is second lingo)

fitting: a little cumbersom, not centered on your ear canal.
    pairing : easy as a breez
    reciving calls: A. rings in your ear
    B. NUMBER APPEARS ON LED SCREEN
    C. when butten on headset is press the call cuts tru to the headset
    D.able to hangup from headset with the same butten.
    E. no static when phone is around the 3-5 ft zone.
    F. to dial your phone all you need is to enter the number and press
    talk,cuts tru the headset right away with no dely what so ever.
    volum on headset is not bad... so it looks like I will stay with this one.

hope it helped
    eli
  6.    #6  
    I received my Logitech Mobile Freedom yesterday. My initial experience is less than what I would have liked. I'll make my comments with the caveat that the items that I don't like may just be the nature of Bluetooth and my inexperience with it.

Those that have used the SonyEricsson HBH-660 or the Mot HS850, I'd be interested if you have had similar experiences.

I got the phone and headset paired without problem. The blinking multifunction light is a little cryptic and the short quick start guide isn't all that helpful in trying to determine what's going on if something does not seem to be working quite right. With the phone listed in the BT trusted devices list now, I can get calls transfered to the headset. Have to dial from the 650 and after anywhere between 2-4 sec delay, the call is transferred to the headset. Same transfer delay on receiving a call.

What happens next for me is for each call the volume is reset to a very low level - to the point of being just about inaudible for me. I can increase the volume on the headset and the phone to get the headset volume to a usable level - although in a noisy environment, it probably could be a couple of notches louder.

Call disconnect and mute functions seem to work fine.

The last fustration is that each time I turn the headset off, the first instance of trying to make a connection with it and the phone, I have to re-enter the security code. I've HotSynced using BT and don't have this same issue, so I didn't expect it given that the headset is listed as a Trusted Device.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or my expectations are incorrectly set, but if I can't get these two issues resolved, the Logitech is heading back - too bad, because the voice quality on both ends is very good, in my opinion.

Again, if you've got experience with the SonyEricsson HBH-660 or Motorola HS850, I'd be interested to hear if you have similar experiences. These two are my candidates for replacing the Logitech if I can't get resolution.

If folks have suggestions on things to try to resolve these issues, I'd appreciate a push in the right direction.

Thanks.