Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    Well, Pocket DVD replyed to an e-mail of mine, and gave me the same link as before. But this verson seems to work for me so far. Try it out, and let us know if it works for the rest of you.

http://download.pqdvd.com/pqdvd.exe
    Exactly what version # is that ? I don't think people will install it without knowing first. (We already have a version installed, obviously).
    It's version 2.0.3.1
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    It's version 2.0.3.1
    Thanks, will have to give it a try tomorrow and report back. Also, I just checked pqdvd.com... looks like 2.0.4 is released (and they fixed their version-consistency-throughout-the-site problem). But a changelog would be nice.
  4.    #24  
    well I tried the claimed 2.0.3.1 version and it installed as the 2.0.4 version. Same problems about not being able to interact with the menu. I see they added a DVD setting feature called DVD Navigator (I presume to fix this problem) but I can only use 1 of the 3 choices - the other 2 fail while the default Microsoft DVD Navigator is ok, but again, I still can't interact with the menu.

I uninstalled and installed the public 2.0.4 from pqdvd.com... same thing.

Anyone else have luck with the new one ?
    I was using 1.2.6 with no problems, but thought I would try 2.0.4. I did move 1.2.6 to a separate directory just in case. I have encoded two one-hour TV shows with no hangups. The program did stop responding at the very end of the process once, but that didn't affect the output file. I haven't tried these on my 650 yet, but they played fine on my PC. I used these settings:
    Video
    320x240 125kps 20fps
    Audio
    112 kps 44kHz stereo
    Xvid codec

Zane
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    I was using 1.2.6 with no problems, but thought I would try 2.0.4. I did move 1.2.6 to a separate directory just in case. I have encoded two one-hour TV shows with no hangups. The program did stop responding at the very end of the process once, but that didn't affect the output file. I haven't tried these on my 650 yet, but they played fine on my PC. I used these settings:
    Video
    320x240 125kps 20fps
    Audio
    112 kps 44kHz stereo
    Xvid codec

Zane
    So with 2.0.4, you were able to interact with the ActiveMovie Window that spawns ? You were able to click in there to select the menu items ?

If so, can you provide your PC's specs like OS/level, DVDROM type, what is your usual DVDROM movie player (like Cyberlink PowerDVD) etc. ? Thx.
    The link I entered earlier seems to be just their link to the latest rev. Now it's version 2.0.4 as rh71 posted. Or maybe it's a later rev. by now, I havent tried for a few hours.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    rh71,
    When I started the program with a DVD in the drive, it automatically started playing it and took me to the main menu of the DVD. I could then choose what to play/record.
    I am using a Compaq 2170 laptop with a combo DVD/CDRW drive running WinXP SP1. The DVD player on my machine is InterVideo DVD 4. I seldom use it because except for using Pocket-DVD and some Treo functions, I use SUSE 9.2.
    Have you looked at any of the options in the main menu? The only one that I changed was the output settings.
    Zane
    I tried version 2.04 and can catagorically tell you to skip it. First, it requires a DVD navigator and decoder (which 1.26 did not require). The site has a link for a free decoder but it is useless, for the purposes of using Pocket DVD, without a navigator ("Key registration" and other errors). I tried using Power DVD with no luck (very odd errors). The final straw came when I used Intervideo. Desipte the fact that the parental controls were off (and that the disc played fine through the Intervideo player), Pocket DVD kept stating that "parental controls" prohibited playing of the disc (a like incompatibilty between the software which is odd considering the developer recommends both Power DVD and Intervideo).

Don't even get me started on the "Macrovision" error.

To throw salt on the wound, we all know from postings on this and other boards that the developer fails to respond to support requests. I'm just amazed that he put out such a poor "upgrade" after nearly perfecting Pocket DVD in version 1.26.
    I too feel fleeced after having just today purchased ver 2.0.2. I emailed them several hours ago with no response (yet). Any rate, I downloaded the older 1.2.6 (I think) and it works fine. Oh I forgot, 2.0.2 wouldn't open a DVD. It complained about "Key registration problems". Wish I had read all of the posts on Pocket DVD BEFORE buying it.
    The 2.0.2 version definitely has problems. I downloaded 2.0.4 and have no problems. I can't speak to the decoder/navigator issue. I had previously tried a freeware setup, so I guess I had all of the necessary programs installed.
    Zane
    Unable to get past the "Key registration, select another DVD navigator" error in my newly purchased ver 2.0.2, I downloaded ver 2.0.5. It presents the very same problem. I have now sent 2 emails to thier support and have not received any answers. I suppose the next step is to contact PalmGear where I purchased it.
    I mistakenly indicated PalmGear. Actually, it's PocketGear. My applogies to PalmGear. Nonetheless I have had no response from PocketGear or the author of Pocket DVD. Is anyone else annoyed that they did not get what they paid for and that neither the author nor the distributor will step-up to the plate?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12