Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone noticed that alerts don't sound when an email is received? I have tried both Snappermail and Versamail. Everything seems to work fine with both except for the fact that when an email comes in (I use scheduled retrieval) I get no alert sound no matter what I do or what settings I check/change. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    okay follow these steps: while in versamail hit menu>pref>auto sync>at the bottem rite is "alerts..." & this where u turn it on...& yes, as far as I can tell these are the only ringtones available.

later
    ohio state SUCKS!! & michigan state will never measure up!
    p.s. lakers SUCK too!! GO PISTONS!!
  3.    #3  
    I've got them set up. There's just no sound when mail comes in.
    exact same situation, no alerts in VM or SM

anyone?
    I've got the same thing. It doesn't just not alert me, it doesn't check mail every 5 minutes like I set up for. I'm using VersaMail, for what it's worth. I've got the system sounds off, so I can see why that might not make a sound, but the Treo 600 Mail application would at least give me a screen that I have new mail and turn on and such. How can I get that functionality back?
    Mine alerts me just fine. I have Versamail set up to check my gmail account every hour, and I get audible alerts almost every time it checks mail (get a lot of email).
    Mine doesn't sound either! I actually have treohelper to launch Versamail when I receive an SMS notification from my Sprint email. Well I finallt got that to work seamlessly but I don't get an alert for emails. When I did schedule auto-syncs, I would receive thw alert if I have new mails. But maybe it won't alert on manual fetch. That's prolly what treohelper has Versamail do-manual fetch. Can anyone confirm that the alerts only work on autosync fetching & not manual fetch?
    Are System Sounds active?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    ericshmerick, does yours go to a screen that lets you quickly check that new mail like the Treo 600 did.

I have auto-syncs scheduled and they just don't happen. It's like they aren't even scheduled.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    ericshmerick, does yours go to a screen that lets you quickly check that new mail like the Treo 600 did.

I have auto-syncs scheduled and they just don't happen. It's like they aren't even scheduled.
    No. If I have a new email, my device will beep, and I will see the flashing asterisk in the upper lefthand corner. I then hold-down the center of the 5-way navigator and check the alert. It will say Versamail, new message (or something like that). Similar to new SMS, missed call, etc.
    Does anyone know how we can get that functionality back from the Treo 600 mail application. Did we just take a MAJOR step backward with VersaMail? I think I might okay if VersaMail actually obeyed my instructions to check e-mail, but between it ignoring the check mail function and it sounding like it doesn't adequate alert (i.e. flash on and allow one click to check the mail) then how can this be anything but a step backwards?
    I'm disappointed -- I've used older versions on my Tungsten with no issue, but I can't make this thing sync up. I'm using a Cyrusoft IMAP4 server -- all set up to sync with server and delete items on server when deleted in versamail. It simply doesn't listen. All seems well from the 650, but then I go back to my desktop client and all the "deleted" messages are still there.
    I'm getting alerted, but for a while I was confused by the setup. If I chose "Download only {x} days" and not "Download only new," every time the interval lapsed, I'd get an audio alert... but clicking "Go to..." would only then invoke the mail check on my POP server. Even if there wasn't a new message waiting, I'd get the beep, and click through to check mail. Switching to "Download only new" seemed to do the trick. Or at least, the last couple of checks, there was a message waiting, and it did alert me... after bringing the message down.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    If you have snappermail issues contact them. Their customer support is excellent.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    I get the alerts from sprintpcs mail, but only a message to check mail. Anyway to have it send the entire message? I have a tech support group that uses two way email pagers, I was hoping to get their full messages automatically delivered to the phone real-time. Any suggestions?
    TIA,
    DJ
    Quote Originally Posted by dj81462
    I get the alerts from sprintpcs mail, but only a message to check mail. Anyway to have it send the entire message? I have a tech support group that uses two way email pagers, I was hoping to get their full messages automatically delivered to the phone real-time. Any suggestions?
    TIA,
    DJ
    I think that's the best they both behave right now. I know that's the way it worked on the Treo 600. I figured that one system was SMS and the other was e-mail.

What I'm talking about is setting the mail application to go out and automatically fetch new mail every 5 minutes or so and let you know that you have new mail, which was functionality in the Treo 600 and seems to be Treo 650 functionality for some, but not others.
    This is a problem that needs to be resolved for everyone. How many workarounds are 650 users gonna need?

Has anyone contacted P1? This product is targeted towards a business/corp. market and I would think getting e-mail alerts should at the least, work out of the box.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I think my problem might be that I have 1,000+ pieces of mail in my in-box and I initially only said to get the last week of new mail. I don't really need any of the stuff that's older than that and I don't want to tie up memory with 1,000+. I think I'm going to need to get them all and then delete the 900+ that I probably don't care to have with me all the time. Hopefully then I won't have to have the "Download only {x} days" checked as pzarquon noted.

I'm hoping this will fix everything, but not sure if it will. In any event, that's got be a step backwards from the Handspring mail application. I haven't contacted P1 because I've completely determined the cause of such a thing. If pzarquon's trick works then I'll let them know that it should still alert even though there's an "download only {x} days" checked. If it doesn't work, I'll let them know that it doesn't work and I'm going to need help getting it to work.
    It seems that if you turn off system sounds, it also turns off your alert sounds.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I am getting a one time Alarm when new mail comes in. My screen turns on for 60 seconds (to the last App I was in) and the flashing * is there. Holding the center button brings up the alerts screen but I miss the way you you would get an alert on the T600 screen and you could "Go To" (or Snooze) the e-mail alert. I also would like to be able to get constant reminders. TreoAlertMgr from PDAApps stopped working for me on the 650 but that is another thread.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast