Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Exciter
    I have it set to auto sync mail every 15 minutes, which it does. When I do have email, I receive the sound alert & this (see the attached photo) screen. It would be nice if it said something regarding "new email".
    At least you get the sound alert. There are some of us that aren't even getting that, even with a tone selected in the alert section of notifications.
    First, some of the issues explained here are confusion on how alerts work in VersaMail. Through my testing I've seen:

- you must have alerts turned on under the autosync/get menu to receive the sound/ reminder
    - the volume of the sound being played is controlled by the System volume setting which can be found in the DEVICE Prefs->Sound&Alerts->General tab
    - As with all sounds on the device you also have to have the ring slider on the top of the phone ON in order to get the sound. Bet half the people complaining turned it off at some point and forgot.
    - After getting a reminder, if you click and HOLD the middle 5 way button the reminder details appear. If you do this with NO existing reminders you see the blank alert screen people keep mentioning.
    - If you get a reminder and enter the VersaMail account associated with the reminder, and select a message to read w 5 way the reminder is auto dismissed. This is a nice feature.
    - If you keep a reminder, the count of email in the details increments as newer mail comes in.

Hope my experimenting helps someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exciter
    I have it set to auto sync mail every 15 minutes, which it does. When I do have email, I receive the sound alert & this (see the attached photo) screen. It would be nice if it said something regarding "new email".
    that is very strange and unfortunate. I get that too. I'd prefer to know how many messages I have.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123