Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    At this point, I'm resigning myself to check mail each time the new mail alert comes in. Sprint recommended using SMS for real-time info., but it is limited in characters allowed. Setting auto sync with Versa is erratic, sometimes it doesn't fetch.

Could a button be programmed to run the get mail in Versa? Alert comes in, push a hard button to automatically execute and display fetched email?
    With the 600, I had a copy of my work e-mail forwarded to my Sprint mail account, which would then send a SMS to my phone. TreoHelper would automatically activate my mail program and fetch my work e-mail. A pretty fair simulation of push mail.

TreoHelper doesn't work on the 650. I suppose you can set up the same system as above, but manually check Versamail when the SMS comes in.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Okay, I'm 100% sure now that VersaMail doesn't obey the auto-sync every 5 minutes that I have set up. I tried the previous fix and had it download every mail and not just "the past x days".

This is pretty frustrating. I can't believe more people aren't running into this.
    I'm still having this issue which is pretty huge. Anyone have it working?
    I just got an alert says "The last scheduled get failed. You may wish to perform a manual get at your convenience. 109". The manual get works of course. Maybe this will help someone figure it out.
    same boat here...snapper manually fetches and sends gmail, but refuses to autofetch every 5 minutes as specified..wondering if this is a known issue..thanks.
    Moved to communications.
    - A Quick Follow Up To My Previous Thread - Autofetch Problem Resolved Itself Overnight Somehow - Recieved All Messages From Gmail Within 4 Minutes Of Sending

- On A Different Note - Reading A Bunch Of Negative Stuff About Gmail Privacy Issues And Reconsidering Now Switching All My Email To Gmail

Any Thoughts?
    With my Treo 650, I've tried Versamail and Agendus Mail, neither of which have met a simple need I have. :

I have two email accounts I use on my Treo. I want to be able to
    [1] Have the ability to check both email accounts with a single command (something which VersaMail doesn't seem to be able to do).

and

[2] Have all my new email show up on one page after downloading. With both Versamail and AgendusMail you have to individually nagivate to each account's Inbox folder to see what, if any, email was downloaded.

It's always possible I'm missing something in these programs, but does anyone know of an email app that can do this?
    Yes Snappermail does this. I am annoyed that I'm almost "forced" to use Versamail becuz of the lack of memory on these damn 650's! So friggin pissed!!!
    I seems as if the audible alert for snappermail only sounds if you have "general" sounds enabled. Actually it looks like any alarm need "general" sounds enabled. Which means that you need to listen to those annoying button-press sounds. On the 600 there was a separate sound setting in Prefs for "mail" and on my T3 there is a separate setting for "alarms" in addition to system sounds. Can anyone else confirm this?
    I simply went back to Chatter - works great, allows for "push mail" and it can be set for alarms.
    TreoHelper has now been updated for the Treo650 (Thanks to Chris, its developer). While TH won't directly fix the issue with alerts, you can set it to not delete the SMS that triggers it - and allow the SMS alert to let you know of the new e-mail while it also starts a manual 'get' of e-mail.

TreoHelper can be found here - http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/
    anyone get figure out how to get an alert from versamail yet?
    Mine works very well-have T600 w/Snappermail...if still having issue, email me @

ccchun1@yahoo.com

And I can walk you through it...I'll receive your email via an alert from snappermail!!
    I'm using versamail. As I have a 650 and the older snappermail and didn't want to pay for the upgrade. anyone figure out how to get LED notification of new email?
    Great board here! I had experienced some of the same problems but figured it out. Under the Preferences, go to Delivery options. Make sure under "Get only:" unread messages is checked off. With all the alerts in place and this box unchecked, you will not receive notification of your emails. I have checked it and my auto sync every 30 minutes works without a problem.

My problem/concern is this... when I get an email, I hear the sound and the screen turns on for 60 seconds with the keypad lock on. I do not however see any visible notification (whether it be the flashing * or the envelope with the number of messages next to the time). Is this a program issue? Will this be fixed? If you are in a noisy environment, you wont hear the alert and have no idea you have an email by looking at the phone unless you unlock the keyguard.
    When I set mine up for alerts I am getting the pop up window that says snooz goto or clear like gadgetfreak says his 600 did. I liked it better when I got the sound and the asterick. What gives. why on earth am I getting something gadgetfreak says he go on his 600. is anyone else getting this.
    and by the way I am not getting any sounds.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnauman
    When I set mine up for alerts I am getting the pop up window that says snooz goto or clear like gadgetfreak says his 600 did. I liked it better when I got the sound and the asterick. What gives. why on earth am I getting something gadgetfreak says he go on his 600. is anyone else getting this.
    and by the way I am not getting any sounds.

I have the same EXACT problem. Strange thing is that it just started happening in the last couple of days. I was getting the blinking asterick and an audible beep when new mail arrived after an autosync. Now, I just get this blank pop up window you refer to. What the?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I have it set to auto sync mail every 15 minutes, which it does. When I do have email, I receive the sound alert & this (see the attached photo) screen. It would be nice if it said something regarding "new email".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast