Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I have a Cingular 650 with the newest firmware. I recently installed Shadowmite' phone overlay. When my Treo is on the phone screen I have an icon located on the top of the screen that I have never seen before. It is a cross with a circle around it and a red line through it. Does anyone know what this icon means? I am not sure if it is related to Shadowmite's phone overlay but it wasn't there before I installed the phone overlay.
    Thanks,
    Dennis
    It means that you have the Emergency Locator function turned off in the phone preferences screen. The "Locator Function".
    it means the self destruct sequence has been activated...for further info see my signature
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch
    It means that you have the Emergency Locator function turned off in the phone preferences screen. The "Locator Function".
    Sorry I just got the phone a couple days ago. I can't find that on my phone. How do I do I turn it back on? I went through all the phone pref menus and couldn't find that function.
    Thanks,
    Dennis
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    That's because it's not there. The overlay you installed was designed for a Sprint phone and causes this icon to be revealed. You can either ignore it or find a different overlay designed for GSM phones. I had one once but can't find it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by dskilz
    Sorry I just got the phone a couple days ago. I can't find that on my phone. How do I do I turn it back on? I went through all the phone pref menus and couldn't find that function.
    Thanks,
    Dennis
    Sheesh - unhelpful answers are confusing you.

You have a GSM phone so when you use a phone overlay that shows this feature, there is nothing to do. It does not apply. This is what happens when you use a phone overlay not designed for a GSM phone.

You can ignore this (nor harm is being done) or go back to using a phone overlay designed for your GSM phone.

It's hard to search when you do not even know what to search for, isn't it?
    Thanks Westronic! I now know what I did. I installed the unbranded phone overlay instead of the one for Cingular. My last question is how do I uninstall the unbranded overlay si I can install the Cingular specific overlay?
    TIA,
    Dennis
    Quote Originally Posted by dskilz
    Thanks Westronic! I now know what I did. I installed the unbranded phone overlay instead of the one for Cingular. My last question is how do I uninstall the unbranded overlay si I can install the Cingular specific overlay?
    TIA,
    Dennis
    You could just use FileZ (free file manager) to delete the file.
    can anyone figure out why i have this icon on my dial pad screen? others have said its found on CDMA treos..but mine is on rogers...its GSM...whats does it mean?

thanks for any info

LINK TO PIC:
    http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ict00011fo.jpg
    <multi-merged>
    Try to read above.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 10/01/2005 at 12:33 AM.
    There's what appears to be a target or navigational icon, with a red line through it on the top/middle of my Treo, when it's in "Phone" mode. I can't seem to find out what it is. User Guide doesn't mention it.
    It either means Hunting Season is over...

or your Location Privacy is turned on.

You be the judge.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Ah. How can I change that?
    Go to Phone > Options > Phone Preferences and click on the Location Privacy box to remove the checkmark.
    From Phone Main Screen
    press the menu key
    options
    phone preferences
    check or uncheck location privacy
    I dont have "Phone preferences" under Options in the main phone section.
    Quote Originally Posted by brianarodgers
    I dont have "Phone preferences" under Options in the main phone section.
    From reading some of your other posts, it looks like you're on Cingular?

Did you install a custom Overlay Screen? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Location$ $Privacy$ $is$ $only$ $a$ $Sprint$ ($and$ $maybe$ $VZW$) $function$.

If you are on Cingular or Tmo, don't worry about it.
    Last edited by Insertion; 01/06/2006 at 05:46 PM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Get a custom overlay for cingular phones.
    On the Sprint version, you get the target with or without the red slash, no way I know of to remove the whole thing...
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    <mergeed>
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast