Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I use the Activesync with the 1an1.com Exchange Server Service and you have to follow the instructions exactly. There are many options for setting this up. I tried other providers and I spent days getting it to work. The other providers are fine. The biggest problem is there are not a lot of options when it does not work, except for perseverence.
    I can get messages, send them, and accept calendar events and have everything sync. The problem is everytime I send a message or respond to a calendar event I get the following error.

There was a problem syncing messages. Please select the Sync button to try again. (0006)

The message is sent and received. However a copy of the message is placed in my Outbox with a yellow triangle with an ! in the middle of it. No explanation of why it was an error. All of my settings are correct and identicle to the settings of fellow Treo 650 users at my company. I have performed several hard resets and even wiped out my backup folder and all registery entries to try and do as clean a re-install as possible. The prompt is more annoying then anything since it seems everything is working.

Has anyone had this problem and been able to resolve it? I am on a locked Cingular phone if that helps. Also, is i tpossible to get Versamail 3.1? I was hoping that might resolve the issue.
    What software do you use to work with activesync? I cannot seem to figure this all out.
    Versamail 3.0 I have looed at a few threads and it seems there is an issue with Documents to go that Dataviz is working on with Palm. It is unique to the Treo 650. I am hoping that the Cingular ROM update moving to versamial 3.1 will resolve the issue. I thought about removing documents to go but I use the program. Does anyone have activesync working wihtout the errors and does not hvae docs to go loaded?
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    Versamail 3.0 I have looed at a few threads and it seems there is an issue with Documents to go that Dataviz is working on with Palm. It is unique to the Treo 650. I am hoping that the Cingular ROM update moving to versamial 3.1 will resolve the issue. I thought about removing documents to go but I use the program. Does anyone have activesync working wihtout the errors and does not hvae docs to go loaded?

Does versamail require something on a desktop running? or does it work with an exchange server?
    It works with exchange server. It does not require a desktop redirector.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    It works with exchange server. It does not require a desktop redirector.

And what exactly does it sync? Calender and Email?

from what I read it just does email...but I hear that it does calender also....

I am confused.
    Last edited by DeathtoToasters; 07/19/2005 at 09:39 AM.
    Activesync will sync your corporate e-mail and calendar wirelessly. That part of this works flawlessly. I receive all e-mails on my Treo 650 and receive all calendar events as well. I can accept, decline ot indicate tentative on calendar events and can respond or forward e-mail. The problem is the 0006 error I receive:
    "There was a problem syncing messages. Please select the Sync button to try again. (0006)"

E-mails are sent but the prompt is really annoying.
    I also can not get ActiveSync to work I am about to send my 650 back and return to Blackberry
    The Toad
    I had a 7290 and a 7100G and would never go back to either. The 7100G was pretty nice but I was giving up way too much that my Treo had to offer. I sent both BB's packing and kept my Treo 650. I think I am going to just have to sit tight and wait for Cingular to get off of their LAZY A$$ and send out a ROM update. Hopefully that will resolve the prompt I keep getting. At least Activesync works although I have to put up with this stinking prompt.
    Quote Originally Posted by toadmanor
    I also can not get ActiveSync to work I am about to send my 650 back and return to Blackberry

What's the error message you're getting..I had my 650 for like 2 months and whereas Palm could offer next to no assistance, I now have activesync working (as of today) because of the info my IT Director was able to get from TreoCentral discussion threads.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73
    What's the error message you're getting..I had my 650 for like 2 months and whereas Palm could offer next to no assistance, I now have activesync working (as of today) because of the info my IT Director was able to get from TreoCentral discussion threads.
    "There was a problem syncing messages. Please select the Sync button to try again. (0006)"

I happens when I send an e-mial or accept a calendar event.
    I am the IT director for our company and have spent the last month trying to resolve the errors mentioned in this thread. I have exhausted all Verizon tech support - they sent me to Palm. Palm is still scractching their head. They have escalated me to their highest level of support. I am still waiting for a call back.

We have a Treo 650 on Verizon. We are using Exchange 2003 SP2 and the latest firmware on the Treo. We are using Versamail to sync with the exchange server. I have removed all security (no SSL) and we are running a separate virtual site exclusively for activesync as mentioned in the post above. Test settings always is successful, actual syncing of email is not!

Day 1 - setup Treo and Versamail. everythings works great until day 3.
    Day 3 - Sys 05E5 error, can't sync anymore
    Day 4 - Soft reset - no good either, still get 05E5 error.
    - hard reset, reinstall everything - Works again!
    Day 5 - down again, Sys 50E5 error. Check exchange server, looks fine.
    Day 6 - still error message.
    Days go by, utilize all strength not to throw Treo against the wall.
    Days 7-10 Wasted reading articles on the web about how no one can resolve this issu.
    Day 12 - hard reset, reinstall everything. Freakin Verizon, why the hell couldn't they put Versamail in the Rom!?! Bastards! Works again, for 30 minutes.
    Day 15-30 out on vacation, screw the treo, verizon and palm they all suck.
    Day 31 - spent reading up on everything on the net again. no new posts worth mentioning.
    Day 32 - Install Exchange 2003 SP2. Same errors. Mess with Windows Authentication settings/virtual directories, etc. Same errors.
    Day 33 - delete and recreate separate virtual directory for activesync. Same errors. Hard reset, soft reset. Recreated email account, email works! I download 14 meessages, then error. This time I receive the (0006) Internal Server Error. Delete account, recreate it. Email works! I receive 77 messages!!! Then freakin error. Same (0006) Internal Server Error.
    Day 32 - Against my better judgment: Called Verizon. Verizon shuffles to Palm. Palm escalates to senior tech support. Recreated accounts 17 times and email works each time, but errors out before finishing sync process. Always during email sync.

So, thank you Palm, Verizon, Microsoft. I have a Treo650 that is a freakin useless paperweight. Someone from Palm Guru center is supposed to call me back. From their Manila call center? Yeah Sure.

The only thing which works at this moment is to delete and recreate the email account in versamail. but that doesn't really work because it ALWAYS errors out during the process somewhere.

Good luck people. My main mission in life now is to convince the CEO that he really doesn't need the Treo anyway.
    Here is my 2 cents. I would call any of the companies that offer remote exchange server service. There are several and get it working with them. They have been through all the grief already rather than trying to one off it yourself.

Never try to figure this out on your own. you will go bald or worse, celibate.
    1. I remember a post on Palm claiming the 05E5 error is due to size of calendar events.
    It said something like: "ActiveSync guesses size 1K is enough, and if not,
    you'll get this, error. re-try, and we will increase the size, so eventually it will work."
    Can't re-find it, and can't bring myself to trust it ...
    2. I have tried Chattermail, and it seemd to work fine with Excchange for emails, but
    had to go to Versamail since my IT firewall won't allow incoming IMAP; If your CEO
    wants mainly email over the air, and the rest can be via cradle/cable, then, as IT
    director, you can try Chattermail
    3. Last - there are 3rd party solutions, such as Goodlink, and even the RIM blackberry
    is reportedly comingt to Verizon Treo
    4. Last, and most important - good luck ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ncalsurfer
    I am the IT director for our company ...blah...blah...blah....

Good luck people. My main mission in life now is to convince the CEO that he really doesn't need the Treo anyway.
    Okay, several suggestions/recommendations...

Check the webservice logs on the Exchange Server, usually located here:

\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\W3SVC1

All Activesync activity is logged here.

Sounds like you have read this KB article, but here it is (if only for others; and for when you try SSL again):

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;817379

I cannot help but notice that you appear to be using an existing mailbox on your server, which may not be the best idea, because there are other gotchas involved.

CREATE A NEW MAILBOX (with nothing in it but a single PLAIN email) and nothing on the calendar. Configure the device to use this mailbox (and the mailbox to allow OWA access). If it works, start by exclusively using the Treo to send and receive email, and create appointments to sync back to the server. Once that is all working over MULTIPLE sync sessions, then you can delete that account and setup the real one...BUT...

In particular, I have discovered that there is a problem with emails that contain .mdb file attachments (Microsoft Access database files). So, if you have a verifiably working Exchange Activesync account that exhibits problems, the place to start is in the mailbox: What is in it? What happens if you move everything that didn't sync out of the inbox? Can you then repeatedly re-sync and send and receive NEW messages?

Good luck and post more detail (from the logs and your experiments).

Okay, all that said, you just need to tell your CEO about Palm's silence concerning whether or not they will update the Treo 650 to use the new Direct Push Technology enabled by Exchange 2003 SP2...that should convince him to dump the Treo and get a REAL device.
    I am getting the exact same problem as described in this thread.

There was a problem syncing messages. Please select the Sync button to try again. (0006)

Has anyone been able to fix this issue?
    I solved one problem with active sync to Exchange server error SYS 05E5.
    I simply deleted the original sync account, to do this you must create a new pop3 (anything will do) account then delete the old exchange sync account an then create a new exchange sync account after this you can delete the pop3 account. In this case all the old mail messages and calendar will be deleted. After this active sync with exchange server will work again. I believe you have to disable the hot sync with mailbox and calendar otherwise the mailbox will get corrupted again.

/Lasse
    One of my customers had this issue last week. We resolved the issue by completed this step (As mentioned above) http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;817379

AND by stopping a generic http redirection that was defined within IIS on the Exchange server. The redirection was used to force people to use HTTPS instead of HTTP. I recall doing it the easy way instead of the Microsoft suggested way months ago. So if any of you have a generic HTTP redirection defined for HTTPS on your exchange server you may want to disable it to see if this starts working for you.
    -Zoo
    I struggled with ActiveSync for a few days until I ran across a suggestion to make sure that OMA was working on my Exchange server (https://<server>/oma). It is way easier to troubleshoot, and verifies that everything server-side is working before wasting time on the PDA.

It helped me discover that I needed to install the ASP.NET functionality in IIS on my Exchange server (it is an option when you install IIS that I had not selected). I was getting the same internal server error 500 responses until I added it via Add/Remove Programs...Windows Components...Application Server...IIS...WWW Service. I discovered it becuase one of my servers was working and the other wasn't - drilling down to find the differences in event logs, exchange logs, IIS logs I discovered they weren't installed with the same options and presto...everything worked.

I also had to do the virtual directory to enable SSL, but I didn't waste my time on the pda with that - just worked through the MS article verifying the functionality along the way usin the web browser on my pc - once the OMA site worked with SSL, it also worked on the PDA with ActiveSync.

Hope this helps someone else out there.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast